Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-10-21, 21:47   #4021
VictorXD

Honestly, I have to agree with you. Funnily enough most of people's impressions regarding RIse and Shadow's OST are completely opposite to mine.

I like Shadow's soundtrack because it is very atmospheric and it works beautifully in the game, but I think it's very forgettable. It's not very melodic and uhh.... most music isn't "hmmeable" ? I hope that makes sense. There's not a single track that plays and makes me go "OMG I NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS LATER"

As for Rise, there are so many great tracks in that game. The side tombs OST is just incredible and relaxing.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-21, 00:51   #4022
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Honestly, I have to agree with you. Funnily enough most of people's impressions regarding RIse and Shadow's OST are completely opposite to mine.

I like Shadow's soundtrack because it is very atmospheric and it works beautifully in the game, but I think it's very forgettable. It's not very melodic and uhh.... most music isn't "hmmeable" ? I hope that makes sense. There's not a single track that plays and makes me go "OMG I NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS LATER"

As for Rise, there are so many great tracks in that game. The side tombs OST is just incredible and relaxing.
Yeah I agree. The side tomb music (I think it's called The Cistern?) is amazing in Rise.

Shadow's "Overture/Obsession" theme (I think that's what it is called?) is nice - however it doesn't build up long enough for my taste... if that makes sense. The motif that makes it special builds up and then cuts off before the music trails off into random other South American instruments.

It starts at 0:28 and then stops at 1:15. It needed to go on much longer and build more if you ask me before it just drops off into other random music.

Last edited by .snake.; 23-10-21 at 00:53.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 17:57   #4023
malferink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post

I mostly agree with you, but there are some outstanding tracks in Shadow too imo. There's 2 which I frequently listen to outside of gaming. The San Juan library music, and the part which plays in Croft Manor when you're solving the white queen puzzle.

San Juan library:

Croft Manor white queen puzzle (skip to 16:09):

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Yeah I agree. The side tomb music (I think it's called The Cistern?) is amazing in Rise.
Hands down the best track in Rise. It's so mysterious

Last edited by malferink; 24-10-21 at 18:00.
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 18:54   #4024
Portugalraider

Well, if we're bringing SotTR's OST to the mix, I personally think it is the best OST from the post-Core era. Yes, even better that the LAU games.

I'd even say that it even tops some of the classic OSTs.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 19:04   #4025
JsotoTRSaga

The reboot games overall had fun music. Not as good as LAU or the classics but it was close and acceptable imo. My favorite track from Shadow of the Tomb Raider isn't even on youtube... I can't believe nobody has ever bothered to upload it. My favorite track for some bizarre reason and the one that keeps playing in my head is the soundtrack that plays when you explore Crypts. It is Tomb Raider at it's most creepiest, it reminds me so much of TR4,TR5 and AOD. I also like the Path Home music and Overture.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 24-10-21 at 19:06.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-21, 20:30   #4026
jeffrey van oort

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
The red sunglasses are straight up ugly.
This could be a popular opinion because the red sunglasses were not in the Tomb Raider rebooted videogames. The Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness spectacles were in them though.

When I was a kid, I didn't know of any other way to identify Lara Croft as Lara Croft wearing her red spectacles. And I've loved that they were sort of reflecting the white surface of Antarctica. It's her! Then Von Croy came along with his see through similar spectacles. I was so hyped over the fact that spectacles were a pickup in Tomb Raider the last revelation. They were broken, but I was like, I've finally found them. She had possibly replaced the spectacles' glasses for red ones in a spectacles store, and might be waiting for them to be finished at the spectacle store, and maybe Lara Croft has been given temporary other spectacles to wear in Tomb Raider the Angel of Darkness. This fan theory suggests that Tomb Raider the last revelation could be the first game in the Tomb Raider series. That TRI, TRII, and TRIII are set after Tomb Raider the Angel of Darkness. But that is just my unpopular opinion.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-21, 02:14   #4027
Yeauxleaux

They're ugly but they're iconic.

Love it or hate it, Y2K era fashion was a mood, I live for the tackiness of that era.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 25-10-21 at 02:16.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-21, 09:10   #4028
malferink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
The reboot games overall had fun music. Not as good as LAU or the classics but it was close and acceptable imo. My favorite track from Shadow of the Tomb Raider isn't even on youtube... I can't believe nobody has ever bothered to upload it. My favorite track for some bizarre reason and the one that keeps playing in my head is the soundtrack that plays when you explore Crypts. It is Tomb Raider at it's most creepiest, it reminds me so much of TR4,TR5 and AOD. I also like the Path Home music and Overture.
Is it during certain crypts or is there only one track for all crypts in shadow?

edit:

Do you mean this part? (starting at 01:25)

Last edited by malferink; 25-10-21 at 09:14.
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-21, 21:40   #4029
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
Is it during certain crypts or is there only one track for all crypts in shadow?

edit:

Do you mean this part? (starting at 01:25)

Yes! That is the piece of music that I love I believe it plays in all of the Crypts but one (and that is the one at Kuwaq Yaqu the one that is behind a barrier in the jungle area which you must shoot once you get the shotgun. There's no music or ambient sounds in that Crypt since it's so short.) I can't believe this track has never been uploaded, it's so sad that it's lost, If I had the resources I would have uploaded that amazing track before any other!!

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 25-10-21 at 21:43.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-21, 00:55   #4030
Lyle Croft

i like red specs cause i'm GAY and CAMP
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote