www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 05-01-21, 12:27   #51
dg1995
Archaeologist

Is there any animations for Indiana Jones in the files?

It was pretty funny playing as Indiana Jones and doing backflips.

Edit: I meant, exclusive animations for Indiana Jones. Like using the whip etc.

Last edited by dg1995; 05-01-21 at 12:55.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 23:21   #52
_Seth
Professor

Pardon my embarrassing incompetence, but I am really struggling to get this working, having tried this multiple times.

Right now my C: drive looks like:

Code:
C:\Artbase
C:\Artbase\tombraider
C:\Artbase\BuildSystem.exe
C:\Artbase\Nakamichi TRAE level geometry converter.exe
C:\Artbase\run.bat
...but Patchv3 and the xproger/ghostblade don't have any generalised "tombraider" folders that partially overwrite the default.

Quote:
The zip files will contain folders for each level of the game. Each of these folders will in turn contain a tombraider folder.
Early versions of some of the downloadable files did, but they do not now, so I don't have the first clue on how to let the engine know what levels to load.

Hopefully someone is working on a simplified launcher .exe that I won't be too mouth-droolingly brain damaged to work.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 23:43   #53
UroshUchiha
Explorer

^Patch v3 has a directory called "tombraider" which you need to move to your C:\Artbase\ and overwrite everything asked.

Xproger - Gh0stblade is a "patch" directory and a run.bat file which you need to move to, again, C:\Artbase\
Run.bat will use the files from "patch" and give you an option to select a level of your choosing.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 23:52   #54
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
^Patch v3 has a directory called "tombraider" which you need to move to your C:\Artbase\ and overwrite everything asked.

Xproger - Gh0stblade is a "patch" directory and a run.bat file which you need to move to, again, C:\Artbase\
Run.bat will use the files from "patch" and give you an option to select a level of your choosing.
Thanks for the reply.

So (I promise) I made both those moves and run.bat only opens an empty cmd windows which immediately closes.
Old 06-01-21, 10:03   #55
UroshUchiha
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
So (I promise) I made both those moves and run.bat only opens an empty cmd windows which immediately closes.
I have been following these threads pretty much since this whole thing started and I don't think I saw that particular problem yet haha. Hm not sure what could be the reason for that without actually seeing what you've done. Maybe try to run the .bat file as an Administrator?
Old 06-01-21, 11:26   #56
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
I have been following these threads pretty much since this whole thing started and I don't think I saw that particular problem yet haha. Hm not sure what could be the reason for that without actually seeing what you've done. Maybe try to run the .bat file as an Administrator?
Hmm, seems to be luck of the draw as to whether it feels like opening, so sadly this does not work for me. It's ok, though, I'm happy to wait for an (inevitable?) simplified launcher to come tied to any other restorations.
Old 06-01-21, 16:45   #57
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Pardon my embarrassing incompetence, but I am really struggling to get this working, having tried this multiple times.

Right now my C: drive looks like:

Code:
C:\Artbase
C:\Artbase\tombraider
C:\Artbase\BuildSystem.exe
C:\Artbase\Nakamichi TRAE level geometry converter.exe
C:\Artbase\run.bat
...but Patchv3 and the xproger/ghostblade don't have any generalised "tombraider" folders that partially overwrite the default.

Early versions of some of the downloadable files did, but they do not now, so I don't have the first clue on how to let the engine know what levels to load.

Hopefully someone is working on a simplified launcher .exe that I won't be too mouth-droolingly brain damaged to work.
I'm having the same issue here... followed everything and then get to the patch and it's missing the TombRaider folder to copy across to launch the relevant level? I click Run and the black box opens and then closes again when i press a button to continue?
Old 06-01-21, 16:56   #58
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

The download keeps failing for me the past two days, but oh well... For now, all I have to say:

Old 06-01-21, 17:34   #59
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
I'm having the same issue here... followed everything and then get to the patch and it's missing the TombRaider folder to copy across to launch the relevant level? I click Run and the black box opens and then closes again when i press a button to continue?
The file you need to copy is still there, it's just missing the folder structure. You need to copy global.globallinkedscripts to Artbase/tombraider/sources/globalscripts and overwrite the one that's already in there.
Old 06-01-21, 17:37   #60
UroshUchiha
Explorer

You dont need to overwrite any of the files to boot up a level with the latest patch. The "patch" directory is now used for the new run.bat file which opens up a CMD that asks you which level you'd like to start.

The initial method of copy/paste of the files for each level is obsolete with the patch.