Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 15-01-23, 17:21   #2161
CheshireBitch

it could also have been a problem outside of technical issues. Maybe the game would have been perceived as "too mature" and they did not wanted that in the end ?
It's an animation of Janice showing her breast to a stranger so it would have def making the game rated M for mature I guess
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-23, 16:46   #2162
LeonDeka

After a long period of struggle, something might be happening...

https://imgur.com/tZIr2Qk
LeonDeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-23, 01:37   #2163
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonDeka View Post
After a long period of struggle, something might be happening...

https://imgur.com/tZIr2Qk
Exciting to see! Thank you for your hard work, LeonDeka.

I have a request. Would you make an alternate version that features the Core, Eidos, and opening narration FMV as one video?

Last edited by LateRaider; 22-01-23 at 01:38.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-23, 16:39   #2164
LeonDeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Exciting to see! Thank you for your hard work, LeonDeka.

I have a request. Would you make an alternate version that features the Core, Eidos, and opening narration FMV as one video?
I'll definitely try that out!

Still fighting with the AI here. Please bear with me. I'll aim to have it out for the 20th anniversary.

Any ai guru's please DM me!
LeonDeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 02:02   #2165
Johnnay

Seeing the reviews of Redfall is reminding me of AOD for some reason.

Yes differences between the two games but oh boy
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-23, 00:42   #2166
Ligufaca

I made another video showcasing different unused animations and cut models

Link
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-23, 17:41   #2167
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligufaca View Post
I made another video showcasing different unused animations and cut models

Link
It was so nice to see all of this, thank you so much !
Old 09-06-23, 23:04   #2168
jeffrey van oort

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
So to simplify it, the timeline of that event is -

- Bouchard is sitting outside the Louvre (as we later learn he was "trawling police shortwave" because he figured she could use some help. What kind of help did he actually think he provided, exactly?

- Then, Karel disguised as a mercenary knocks Lara out, then shapeshifts into the Doorman and tells Bouchard she's there and needs help? Bouchard would have been weirded out that the Doorman randomly showed up to tell him that, or if the Doorman (Karel) was always there in the car with him, where did he eventually go? Or if it was the actual Doorman, did Karel knock him out offscreen and take his place?

The help that Bouchard provided is the ride in the car, out of sight from the police. There were helicopters, and so if you remember?

The hitman on Lara is the result of Bouchard having to use Bouchard's resources to help Lara. Although it is more likely that Karel shapeshifted into the likeness of a Lara, and somehow gave Bouchard a reason to place a hitman on Lara.

Later, Bouchard is found as a dead body in a closet, suggesting that Lara's journey to find out the truth about Werner's death, is making belief that Lara did murder Werner. Why it was so important to frame Lara was not explained in the videogame.

Karel didn't need anything from Lara. Karel could have killed Eckhardt himself.

As later read, Tomb Raider Anniversary partially explains that motivation with the trials of Gilead. Which is symbolically a descriptive text about genetic experimentation.

The proto in TRAOD is an example of such bio engineering, just like the catmummies are crafted by atlantean bio engineering.

Engineering, to be smarter than average.

To frame Lara, was done so that she could be perceived as a criminal, and such discoveries about the alteration by bio-engineering would be like a scream in the wind.

The journey to such a discovery that such bio engineering is possible, is to either find the real deal as a Lara, or to miss the point. That none of this information helps in daily life, in where you need a steady source of income to live, and something to look forward to.

Who you are could be important in your own future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Sorry to have not acknowledged. XD It's just...

1) If Bouchard wanted to help then he would not have lead her to her death, but the thing is, he was ordered to kill her by Eckhardt to anyway (as he tells is in the Monstrum Crimescene because he was putting pressure on him), so why did he not just shoot her dead while she was knocked out? Instead he helps her before sending her to "The Cleaner." Idk man. =/

2) It definitely isn't the real doorman because we saw him shapeshift, so it's guaranteed to be Karel. So was Karel, disguised as the doorman, spending that part of the day with Bouchard so he didn't suspect anything and knocked Lara out as asked... instead of killing her as Bouchard was ordered to by Bouchard. Idk, it's all so obtuse.

I'm doing my own write up of the flow of events so for this part I have made some serious changes. In my version, I'm dialling down the whole Lara framed thing. A white woman in double denim has been seen around the murder sites, but Lara is not named exactly, so Eckhardt has no reason to order Bouchard to kill her - Lara isn't on Eckhardt's radar at all. Outside the Louvre, a mercenary (Karel) knocks Lara out and he shapeshifts into Bouchard now who wakes her up. Karel, disguised as Bouchard, knows she's useful and may be able to retrieve the next painting (because she got the Louvre one, and Werner told Karel disguised as Eckhardt that she'd be able to) so helps her go to Werner's apt. The knock on effect that I don't mind is that there's no "cleaner" so he's not sending her to her death. Bouchard does not appear after Paris, and some of the info he disclosed in Prague now comes from Luddick. A big change but some of this **** really did need simplifying.
Eckhardt wasn't running the show. As later Karel seemed to have manipulated everything together to lead up to the point where Lara is just shown the sleeper. The device was not to wake the sleeper up, but rather illuminate. By art, or paintings. So that the engineering done to a Lara would find their justification.

To be put quite simply, Lara, you, got branded a criminal so that they, the kabal, could get away with the engineering they'd do.

Illuminated, as in seen by, or measured by.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 07:48   #2169
dg1995

BTW, I think the whole "Lara is framed for murder and the police wants to catch her" plot point is heavily underused in AOD.

After you meet that old woman(which is the 3rd level) that plot point is never brought up ever again and imo it added nothing to the plot.

They should have just removed it and made meeting that old woman the first level imo.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-23, 18:24   #2170
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
BTW, I think the whole "Lara is framed for murder and the police wants to catch her" plot point is heavily underused in AOD.

After you meet that old woman(which is the 3rd level) that plot point is never brought up ever again and imo it added nothing to the plot.

They should have just removed it and made meeting that old woman the first level imo.
I agree, now that we're talking about I think it's also just weird that no one freaked out in Paris while talking to Lara since the police gave her exact description (hair, clothes, skin color,...) they could at least be suspicious.