Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 18-02-20, 01:12   #15861
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Apparently it's taking things from both Rise and Shadow. I just hope it does its own thing. I don't see the point of rehashing the same stories. I want something new. I think some of the locations have already been revealed of filming.

As I said in the other thread, if I don't see Lara using dual pistols in the trailer I probably won't go and see it. I'm not gonna be teased for the 3rd time.
You mean 4th time?
Yes I am on the exact same page as you, I want to see Lara Croft with a braid and Dual Pistols kicking ass anything else I am not interested.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 02:39   #15862
GeekOfComedy

I actually trust Pinky, I hope your not doing us dirty. So WB is involved then???
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 07:39   #15863
ccroft2003

I think we’ll have to start seeing/getting some info soon... all I see at the moment on my social media is “Tom Holland says this about Uncharted”, “Harrison Ford promises this about Indy 4”... they’re slowly drumming up hype and interest and yet the only thing we’ve had for TR2 is a crummy article comparing the movie to (yet again) the games...

Personally I think Alicia needs to get off her ass and start talking more and they need to start releasing some info on cast.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 07:48   #15864
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
You mean 4th time?
Yes I am on the exact same page as you, I want to see Lara Croft with a braid and Dual Pistols kicking ass anything else I am not interested.
Oh yeah, with Roths pistols this will indeed be the 4th time!
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 08:34   #15865
PinkyPromise

I wouldn't have shared something if I don't think it's true.

This is the story: friend's boyfriend works doing FX for WB in London (He has worked for Blade Runner, Prometheus (he told us many secrets) ... he has just finished WW84 now) He can't reveal anything until the movie is released.

I simply told him about TR and he told me: "I know things about TR2, the shooting of the movie starts right now" that in Spain it is an expression that means that something is going to start in VERY short time.

If he knows things, it is because they have already contacted the FX team. Then ... I wish he could tell me more. But I am very happy to know that they are already working in very advanced phases and the announcement is imminent.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 18-02-20 at 08:43.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 08:52   #15866
AimlessThunder

I had a dream last night that Alicia was using the dual pistols.
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 10:17   #15867
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I had a dream last night that Alicia was using the dual pistols.
And she was... In that last scene of the movie.

Jokes aside, I do have a feeling that the movies won't do the same mistake as the games did and not have Lara use the duals in the sequel after she has used them in her origin game.

But I also think we won't see Lara use the duals as her only solution to everything, I think we will still have at least some bow, axe and meelee action, to show Lara as a versatile action hero.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 10:21   #15868
SnatchingEdges

I didn't like that they showed the duals in the trailer. Who had the brilliant idea to spoil the exact final scene?
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 10:26   #15869
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
I didn't like that they showed the duals in the trailer. Who had the brilliant idea to spoil the exact final scene?
Possibly the Marketing department.

I think we will have braid, guns and supernatural elements. They told in an interview that the producers were worried that there was nothing supernatural in the third act. They want to show everything that the public knows about TR: lara croft, braid, guns ... in fact, in the first movie they subtitled the movie as Lara Croft and in this they put it very big: "Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft" Lara Croft is most popular that Tomb Raider brand. In the games a less iconic Lara may work ... but in the cinema they need to bring back the iconic Lara Croft for the public to recognize her.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 18-02-20 at 10:27.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-20, 12:46   #15870
James_Rutland

Been watching this again, and I wish there were more scenes like this. I love the grittiness of it and Alicia actually really sells it.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote