Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-09-19, 02:44   #30931
michaeldt

Theres a rumour going around that either this is a new game mode for RE3 remake. OR that in classic Capcom fashion, this was a mode for RE3 remake that spun off into its own game.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 04:19   #30932
matrix54

I mean... I would rather RE2 DLC, tbh. The just plopped in Ghost Survivors and left. I’ve never wanted DLC for a game so badly.

Those extras Tofus and Ghost Survivors is not an adequate replacement for what we’re missing with Extreme Battle.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 05:31   #30933
Swiz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Theres a rumour going around that either this is a new game mode for RE3 remake. OR that in classic Capcom fashion, this was a mode for RE3 remake that spun off into its own game.
More like it was DLC for Re2 remake that got spun off into its own game
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 06:13   #30934
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
I mean... I would rather RE2 DLC, tbh. The just plopped in Ghost Survivors and left. I’ve never wanted DLC for a game so badly.

Those extras Tofus and Ghost Survivors is not an adequate replacement for what we’re missing with Extreme Battle.
Tbh as much as I loved RE2 Remake, it has a lot of content as is, and I wouldn't think to add anything more than what was in the original.

Ghost Survivors is okay cuz it's basically bonus 4th Survivor modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
More like it was DLC for Re2 remake that got spun off into its own game
Maybe. If so, that's a not necessarily a bad thing. They struck gold with RE2 I don't see why they would change course just yet.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 07:00   #30935
matrix54

Well, it still could be RE2 DLC. No reason to shove it under the bus when it only came out earlier this year.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 08:02   #30936
Swiz19

Quote:
Well, it still could be RE2 DLC. No reason to shove it under the bus when it only came out earlier this year.
Uh not really. There is 100% chance that there are new locations outside of the police station and the streets. Then there's the fact that it will be multiplayer, have new gameplay features to support that multiplayer (networking, coop mechanics, etc), melee play, voice acting, likely tons of cosmetic MtX's and whatever other things they will add - like dodge. You might as well make a new game that is accessible to all new comers for $35, rather than selling it as a $10 DLC for a required game.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 20:43   #30937
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
it could be.

The original RE3 had Mercenaries.
Maybe they want to release that as a separate product now, and have Capcom Studio 2 focus on the main campaign.

Last edited by killchan; 02-09-19 at 20:48.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 11:46   #30938
DragonSlayer

I've unlocked the stuff for getting all the Mr Everywhere bobbleheads and I'm going to start my speedrun sometime in the next week or two, the two parts that might slow me down is the ship Mia was on, I keep getting lost and that is one long section, the next part will be the beginning in the bakers house before I can unlock some doors and get around faster, I'll have to take into account playing hide and seek with Jack Baker that might slow me down too.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 03:49   #30939
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:

I totally expected some DLC for RE2, I figured we'd get an Ada DLC, the original alternate costumes (I'm still pissed these weren't remade, I wanted Leon in a sleeveless tank top so bad, but Capcom truly did not deliver the goods ;____; ) or something. But given how hard single-player, story-driven games that are complete on launch are to come by, I'm not mad at it.

As for this new game, I definitely wasn't expecting something like this, but as much as I'd love for RE3make, I'm kind of glad that we're getting something new, we don't know what to expect out of this, which is pretty exciting! I really hope it's similar to Outbreak!
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 04:09   #30940
VictorXD

My biggest disappointment with RE2 (save the 2nd run) is definitely the lack of an Ada campaign. She deserves her own, from making her way to the police station, to what she is doing while Claire and Leon are there, all the way up to when she escapes the city like in Death's Door.

I find it criminal we still have no solo Ada game to be honest. RE is such a big and varied franchise, yet storywise it never wants to innovate at all. She could bring so much to the lore from behind the scenes, besides being a massively charismatic character.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote