Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 02-12-19, 23:49   #631
Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan91 View Post
I'll play it on an emulator on PC. It won't be restricted to the PS hardware. I want to believe it will work :_(
Sorry but I try to understand. Why on emulator on pc while you can play on the pc itself.

Is it because of the controllers? You can use gamepad on pc. I use xpadder and configured the controls the same as psx.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 19:23   #632
LateRaider
Inactive

if i dont hear from justin or rai by the 8th i'm gonna just release it. b/c i wasn't told i couldn't (though i also wasn't told i could)
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 05:48   #633
michaeldt

Can anyone answer my question?
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 13:34   #634
LateRaider
Inactive

Babe i would but idk the answer
Old 06-12-19, 13:35   #635
jonathanrij

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Noob question- but to get this working on a PS1 console you:

A. Need a modded console
B. Copy ISO file to a CD

Is there anything more to it?
Sort of. You will need software like ImgBurn to write the content of a disk image to a CD. ("Write image file to disc" option)

To play it safe, you should pick the CUE file and burn the disc at low speed. That should do it.
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 14:28   #636
michaeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Babe i would but idk the answer
It's ok luv u anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
Sort of. You will need software like ImgBurn to write the content of a disk image to a CD. ("Write image file to disc" option)

To play it safe, you should pick the CUE file and burn the disc at low speed. That should do it.
Okie dokie, thanks!
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 06:13   #637
LateRaider
Inactive

Alright, so... hi, everybody.

Back in 2012, darlings jonathanrij and Gh0stBlade converted to PS1 the PC-exclusive expansion pack, Tomb Raider I Gold: Unfinished Business. The rules at the time dictated that he had to release the game as components and we had to assemble a working ISO ourselves.

However, just this year, b122251 has released his PS1 conversion of Tomb Raider II Gold: Golden Mask. It was distributed as a compiled BIN/CUE, with seemingly no issues. He even received a commendation from Justin himself.

So I figure it's OK to share my tweaked Tomb Raider I Gold BIN/CUE set, which corrects several errors existing in common builds. b122251 and Suikaze Raider helped me with most of the fixes across a three year period, and it's hard to remember who supplied what, so I'll just send them both a warm thank you, as well as a thank you to jonathanrij and Gh0stBlade for making the original conversion.

Without further ado, here is the new and improved Tomb Raider I Gold: Unfinished Business (NTSC-U).

Code:
https://mega. nz/#!DKpXyYpY!2z5DjgnTlL0ekynxXMtrfgn1TIC6a_wL759zcFR2xBY
(If someone can find me a better place than Mega to host this, I'd be grateful. Please copy/paste the link into your browser and remove the space between "mega." and "nz", so I don't get a false-positive takedown flag for sharing this despite it being homebrew based off of freeware.)

Below is the list of common bugs and their fixes in this build. Please bear in mind that this is a list of FIXED BUGS.

- BUG 1: When TRI Gold tries to load TRI's Demo Play reel, the game crashes because it's looking for a level that no longer exists.
- FIX: TRI Gold now skips the routine for loading the Demo Play and instead loads the title screen again.

- BUG 2: Lara's Home lacks voice clips.
- FIX: All of the soundtracks from the base game that were missing have been imported to TRI Gold. This unfortunately makes the compiled game a bit larger.

- BUG 3: Opening the inventory in Lara's Home crashes the game.
- FIX: Fixing bug 2 has also fixed this.

- BUG 4: Memory Card data between Tomb Raider I and Tomb Raider I Gold clash; for example, saving in TRI Gold will overwrite your TRI save, resulting in only the first 4 levels being available on TRI's Level Select. Similarly, starting TRI Gold with TRI data on your Memory Card will give you all 4 Gold levels on TRI Gold's Level Select before you've unlocked them.
- FIX: The internal name of TRI Gold has been changed from TOMBRAIDER to TOMBUB.

- BUG 5: Despite fixing issue 4, Tomb Raider I Gold's Memory Card block is still called "Tomb Raider", making it difficult to discern TRI data from TRI Gold data.
- FIX: TRI Gold's Memory Card ID has been changed to "Tomb Raider Gold".

This build of TRI Gold for PS1 has been tweaked to near perfection, and it's ready to be played on your system of choice. Enjoy!

Last edited by LateRaider; 18-11-20 at 03:46.
Old 08-12-19, 09:31   #638
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Question

Nice work LateRaider.

Is this based on the free Unfinished Business expansion?
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 16:25   #639
LateRaider
Inactive

It absolutely is based on the free Unfinished Business expansion!

What that BIN/CUE set is, is jonathanrij and Gh0stBlade's original conversion from the start of this thread, compiled into a BIN/CUE so people don't have to compile the parts on their own. It also has several bug fixes.

Last edited by LateRaider; 08-12-19 at 16:29.
Old 08-12-19, 16:36   #640
jonathanrij

Thanks for sharing, LateRaider.
jonathanrij is offline   Reply With Quote