www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-18, 02:22   #1
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter
 
mizuno_suisei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,861
Default Classic Lara in TR2013

Typing this now because I just woke up from a dream and I don't want to forget.

Have seen alot of videos on YouTube about porting the DE Lara into TR2013 PC version.

May not be as straight forward as it sounds to me - but could the same method be applied by ripping the classic Lara skins (tr2 lara/AOD lara) from ROTTR/SOTTR back into TR2013?

Imagine
__________________
運なら自分で掴むわ。
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 02:39   #2
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 7,862
Default

Model importing is possible in TR2013, so you can mod in anyone you like if you feel like it. I'm actually quite surprised no one has truly tried to mod it yet, specially not a single Classic Lara to be found.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 03:01   #3
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter
 
mizuno_suisei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,861
Default

Mmm.

My assumption has been that all 3 games are based on the same original engine dynamics, but im only very amateur with modding so, probably shouldn't make any assumptions ��

I'd totally replay Tr2013 if the his was possible.
__________________
運なら自分で掴むわ。
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 06:28   #4
XNAaraL
Professor
 
XNAaraL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Posts: 3,120
Lightbulb Playing TR2013 with ToO Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Could the same method be applied by ripping the classic Lara skins (tr2 lara/AOD lara) from ROTTR/SOTTR back into TR2013?

Imagine
Read more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Crofty0o View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
I've a question: Would it be possible to use the extraction program to extract ToO Lara and put her into TR2013? After all ToO uses the same version of the engine as TR2013.
It is possible with this tutorial: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=216460 requires some time and effort but should be possible.
__________________
Link removed. - Why ? google, google, google and google.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 07:07   #5
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 7,862
Default

@XNAaral: thanks for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Mmm.

My assumption has been that all 3 games are based on the same original engine dynamics, but im only very amateur with modding so, probably shouldn't make any assumptions ��

I'd totally replay Tr2013 if the his was possible.
Unfortunately, only TR2013 is possible. Hopefully someday Rise and Shadow will be too.

I'd say if you follow the link's tutorial you could get away with some interesting stuff, I only skimmed through it but it seems to be very easy to follow. Also I might be mistaken, but don't you use blender? Not sure if I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression you did for some reason.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 09:19   #6
XNAaraL
Professor
 
XNAaraL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Posts: 3,120
Talking

@VictorXD: n.p. I know you know this link
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman11 View Post
@ VictorXD: you can import a high detail mesh and replace any body part.
And ToO is a high detail mesh. ToO has more polys than TR2013; and more poly than Dagger of Xian (DoX) tool!

Comparison ToO (left side) vs DoX (on the right)

It's astonishing. 'Temple of Osiris' models are very tiny in the game, but they are the highest-density models of any TR game ever released.

I am not sure if anyone noticed that
comparison ToO (left side) vs SOTTR (on the right),
both models are (almost) identical, except the hair and the outfit

comparison ToO (left side) vs SOTTR (on the right):


__________________
Link removed. - Why ? google, google, google and google.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 12-11-18 at 13:51.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 17:04   #7
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 7,862
Default

Could you upload the Shadow model? Or at least the hairs? I want to see if I can maybe try too make her hair work and look properly in XPS.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 06:54   #8
XNAaraL
Professor
 
XNAaraL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Posts: 3,120
Thumbs down SOTTR fo XPS

Is there a way to fix Lara's Hair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Could you upload the Shadow model? Or at least the hairs? I want to see if I can maybe try too make her hair work and look properly in XPS.
The model is still unfinished, and I have no plans to release it public in this forum.

You want to see if U can maybe try too make her hair work and look properly in XPS ??? Sounds very rude of you.
You do not dare to me that I will manage with my experience and with my own tools to make Lara's model working for my own XPS? You do not dare to me that I will manage to make her hair work and look properly in XPS ?
Come on!


Thats the current WIP in XPS:


Close up

progress


TressFX hair shader for XPS is under construction.
Tomb Raider TressFX Hair: ON & OFF Comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHq4JIcneY



BTW:
Lara's Hair Downgrade
__________________
Link removed. - Why ? google, google, google and google.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 13-11-18 at 12:19. Reason: progress
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 07:36   #9
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 7,862
Default

WTH is wrong with you?? How unnecessarily rude! I thought your first post was kind off at first but then I just brushed it off as me being silly, but now I see you are indeed a tad out of touch with reality. I asked because the last time someone extracted TressFX hair they did not release it because some technical issues (that I guess could easily be worked around) so I was wondering if that was the case again. And in no way did I imply I do any better than anyone or challenge anyone's skills. I simply wanted a good hair base to use in other XPS mods, that's all. And since you gave no indication if you were going to release it or not, I decided to ask.

The part about wanting to make her hair look good in XPS is because I figured it would probably be untextured, and given that TressFX uses other much more advanced shaders and lighting that are impossible to replicate in the program yet, I wanted to see if I could try to make something that mimics them using textures we have available. If it didn't happen, it would at least serve as good filling for using with konrad96's hair mod.

You didn't say anything about actually working on the hairs or even if you had just extracted it for fun or if you were going to use them, or it was a test extraction, etc. The point is: I didn't know what your plans were, so I asked and gave a quick explanation that you somehow took it as a personal insult.

Stop reading into insults where none are meant, and get off your high horse. Just because they are your tools it doesn't give you the right to act like an ass to anyone you please.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 08:20   #10
XNAaraL
Professor
 
XNAaraL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Posts: 3,120
Exclamation SOTTR for XNALara

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
WTH is wrong with you?? How unnecessarily rude! I thought your first post was kind off at first but then I just brushed it off as me being silly, but now I see you are indeed a tad out of touch with reality. I asked because the last time someone extracted TressFX hair they did not release it because some technical issues (that I guess could easily be worked around) so I was wondering if that was the case again. And in no way did I imply I do any better than anyone or challenge anyone's skills. I simply wanted a good hair base to use in other XPS mods, that's all. And since you gave no indication if you were going to release it or not, I decided to ask.

The part about wanting to make her hair look good in XPS is because I figured it would probably be untextured, and given that TressFX uses other much more advanced shaders and lighting that are impossible to replicate in the program yet, I wanted to see if I could try to make something that mimics them using textures we have available. If it didn't happen, it would at least serve as good filling for using with konrad96's hair mod.

You didn't say anything about actually working on the hairs or even if you had just extracted it for fun or if you were going to use them, or it was a test extraction, etc. The point is: I didn't know what your plans were, so I asked and gave a quick explanation that you somehow took it as a personal insult.

Stop reading into insults where none are meant, and get off your high horse. Just because they are your tools it doesn't give you the right to act like an ass to anyone you please.
If you saying I would ride a high horse, then I call this rude and a disregard of reality.
I would advise you to take even simpler(easy), or as you say, humbler, problems until you find some you can really solve easily, no matter how trivial.
  1. You saying that you want to see if you can maybe try too make her hair work and look properly in XPS. Sound like the offer to help. I would advise you to
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try." --
    Yoda
  2. Than, you saying that you simply wanted a good hair base to use in other XPS mods. Sound like to want the work made by others.
    "If you end your training now — if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did — you will become an agent of evil." --
    Yoda
  3. I, as XPS author saying that "TressFX hair shader for XPS is under construction.". You saying that "advanced shaders and lighting are impossible to replicate in the program" ?
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” --
    Yoda
  4. You saying that "in no way did U imply U do any better than anyone or challenge anyone's skills.", but you saying also that "the last time someone extracted TressFX hair they did not release it (fails) because some technical issues (that YOU guess could easily be worked around)". You contradict yourself.
    “Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained.” --
    Yoda
You saying that "You asked because the last time someone extracted TressFX hair they did not release it because some technical issues that YOU guess could easily be worked around"
Of course, for someone without technical skills, it's very easy to solve such big tedious technical problems because they are solved by other people without your support. You do not give anything back. You only want it to have, ready to use.
Therefore my "Come on". Therefore my "I have no plans to release it". You try to trick helping hands, That's my impression / opinion.
That's all.


I will give you a hint. It is not a matter of "TressFX hair" (More correct PureHair), eq Splines without triangular geometry, it is of course a matter of "some technical issues". In my opinion, "someone" was right.

... Not to mention the XNALara limit of 59 bones per mesh and the XNALara limit of 4 weights per vertex.
1th, the SOTTR Lara has 260K polys (+ 300K hair strands). That cross the old XNALara limits. TRU Lara hs 39K poly!
2nd, the old XNALara shader works wrong.



If the light ray hits a backside these areas appear too dark (black).
It looks like no XNALara user has noticed this in the last 9 1/2 years. To establish this has nothing to do with arrogance.

So, it is not a matter of "advanced shaders and lighting". It is a matter of fixing the wrong XNALara shader to get a right lighting.
“You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill.” --
Yoda

BTW:
If you ask for the SOTTR hair texture, here is it:

My WIP had not assigned the texture.
__________________
Link removed. - Why ? google, google, google and google.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 15-11-18 at 07:55. Reason: Link to Splines added
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 18:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.