www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 19-05-18, 02:59   #1
ActuallyArlow
Archaeologist

Wink General Gwen Stefani Thread!

I am a HUGE Gwen Stefani and No Doubt fan. When I am not here and not torturing myself with school and whatnot, I am on the No Doubt forums as well. This thread is for all the Gwennabe's who so happen to be wandering about in the same forums in here! Gwen has had an amazing career and deserves recognition pretty much everywhere, she has her No Dount career, her solo albums, the L.A.M.B. Fashion line, the fragrance brand and her Urban Decay makeup line. She has come a long way for the past 20 years and is a true 90's icon. She has won three Grammys, 5 MTV music video awards, 2 Billboard Music awards and a bunch more I can list off. In 2016 she released her third solo album "This is What The Truth Feels Like" And she has been a judge on the hit show "The Voice" where she met fellow coach whom she now calls her boyfriend, Blake Shelton. When Gwen filmed her video for her second single "Make Me Like You" in 2016, she would film the first ever live music video to be filmed on stage, at the Grammys, all in one take.

Mod edit: Oversized GIFS removed

Last edited by Admles; 27-05-18 at 07:58. Reason: Because GRAMMAR hon.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-18, 06:08   #2
noonbob
Professor

Preach! I'm an Obsessed Gwen/No Doubt fan since forever

Her TIWTTFL album deserved to be a super successful era. It's a great album.

THIS SONG !

I need another album.
I hope the no doubt separation/replacement isn't permanent. I was pissed when they made an album without her like WTF ?!
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-18, 06:47   #3
ActuallyArlow
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Preach! I'm an Obsessed Gwen/No Doubt fan since forever

Her TIWTTFL album deserved to be a super successful era. It's a great album.

THIS SONG !

I need another album.
I hope the no doubt separation/replacement isn't permanent. I was pissed when they made an album without her like WTF ?!
YES! I honestly wish the song Misery got promo, idk why she got such a ****ty management team. She honestly deserved better than intercope. I sometimes wonder what it would have been like had she been with a different label, let's say Sony or something. And yeah I agree, I kinda hope Dreamcar is temporary to but that's there professional choice. I think Tom, Adrian, & Tony all low-key got sick of being under the wing of pop-rock and needed some more hard rock, like they needed to be in an all guy band or something and started there Dreamcar project. I guess they just can't really relate to Gwens girly-ness anymore

Last edited by ActuallyArlow; 19-05-18 at 06:59.
Old 19-05-18, 13:35   #4
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Iíve always been a fan of Gwenís singles but not her albums in the whole. But TIWTTFL was amazing and such a surprise considering I felt the two singles that preceded it were hit and miss. I loved baby donít Lie and though it still could have been on the album but i though start the fire or whatever it was called was just trash.
Old 19-05-18, 16:00   #5
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Iíve always been a fan of Gwenís singles but not her albums in the whole. But TIWTTFL was amazing and such a surprise considering I felt the two singles that preceded it were hit and miss. I loved baby donít Lie and though it still could have been on the album but i though start the fire or whatever it was called was just trash.
Spark The Fire is TRASH. Baby Don't Lie >>>>>>>
Just wish it got a better music video. Seriously a treadmill and green screen

Old 23-05-18, 01:07   #6
ActuallyArlow
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Spark The Fire is TRASH. Baby Don't Lie >>>>>>>
Just wish it got a better music video. Seriously a treadmill and green screen

Yeah STF isn't for everyone. It was used well for the scream queens trailer though. https://youtu.be/2wV0TLels5k And yeah BDL is a pretty basic video but the song could have been successful have it been promoted correctly. Like she could have performed it while she was a coach on the voice, but for some reason her managements team decided not to I still think the era deserved a third single, if it got one I think it should have been "Where Would I Be?" It's got a summer vibe and it follows the reggae-ish beat trend that seems to be happening on the radio atm

Last edited by Admles; 27-05-18 at 07:58.
Old 23-05-18, 06:34   #7
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
I still think the era deserved a third single, if it got one I think it should have been "Where Would I Be?" It's got a summer vibe and it follows the reggae-ish beat trend that seems to be happening on the radio atm
I LOVE this SONG !

Also...
You're My Favorite
Obsessed
Rocket Ship

Such a solid album.
Old 23-05-18, 19:34   #8
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I always get an underwater animated video vibe from this song; like an underwater cabaret club with mermaid backing singers, an octopus drummer and Gwen in a pearl shell.

Think the underwater scene in Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
Old 02-06-18, 04:59   #9
ActuallyArlow
Archaeologist

a couple day she ago P!nk invite Gwen on stage to sing an old No Doubt song Just a Girl, this was the only good video I could find, there were better clips on instagram but they never show up here and they are shorter anyways

Last edited by ActuallyArlow; 02-06-18 at 05:08.
Old 28-04-20, 13:08   #10
noonbob
Professor

Where tf is Gwen/No Doubt?

I'm happy she's happy with Blake but that's all she ever does now.
Always talking about how grateful she is to know him. Like you're Gwen Stefani!
I only heard of him when The Voice started.

Give us music, like a solo or ND single would be fine.

Love this