www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 22-08-20, 23:11   #17201
Rai

For the record, British soaps are back to filming. Sure a soap like Eastenders will already have sets ready to go back to and on location scenes are rare, but it still means a return for cast and crew, with social distancing in place. If studios are allowed to film again, it could mean films can't be far off being allowed too, I imagine.
Old 22-08-20, 23:17   #17202
SoraSakai
Inactive

A lot of those (like you said) already were mid production though...

As far as I know, there isn’t anything “begining” filming at the moment. Everything is just “resuming”.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-20, 23:55   #17203
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'd say Tomb Raider will stall until next year there are already signs of a huge corona virus spike on the way for Britain and schools returning won't help the fact. They will probably not be able to get proper insurance for big productions that require lots of crew and safety measures for new productions and probably have deals in place for the returning ones.

The UK film industry is to reopen in September for major films like Batman and Fantastic Beasts. I think they will see how things go when schools return and if there are any spikes then it will be even more delays on starting new ventures and resuming filming in the traditional sense.
Old 23-08-20, 00:39   #17204
Ellioft
Professor

All the films are shoot in Leavesden wich is one of the studios for TR2.
Old 23-08-20, 01:27   #17205
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

If latest reports are to be believed then Batman will star in September and has three months left to shoot in Leavesden and Fantastic Beasts will start shooting in September there too. I don't see much room for TR2 until possibly January. If that's were they intend to film
Old 23-08-20, 01:32   #17206
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
All the films are shoot in Leavesden wich is one of the studios for TR2.
I don't understand. I get the bit where you say TR2 is filming in Leavesden, but the first part of the sentence should be clear, but it isn't, sorry . What do you mean by all the films shoot there? Which ones? I mean, it's where the Warner Bros films are filmed. Not sure of the point you're making.

Tony, would TR have filmed before Batman and Fantastic Beasts had it been on schedule for a spring-summer start?

Last edited by Rai; 23-08-20 at 01:36.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 08:38   #17207
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I think he says that both Batman and Fantastic Beast 3 are filmed at Leavesden Studios where TR2 was to be filmed.

TR2 is an adventure movie with many outdoor scenes. Also Ben hinted that in TR2 Lara would travel a lot ... so it's impossible to safely film something like this now.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 09:34   #17208
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
TR2 is an adventure movie with many outdoor scenes. Also Ben hinted that in TR2 Lara would travel a lot ... so it's impossible to safely film something like this now.
Yeah with the pandemic severly on the rise again it seems unlikely they will start shooting anytime soon. Perhaps planning for a first half of 2021 shoot would be a safer bet right now?
Old 23-08-20, 10:29   #17209
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I think we have to wait and see. There are very few movies filming right now (Jurassic World, Mission Impossible, Uncharted) and all of them were because they had already started. I think that if all those films end up filming without problems that can help other studios to start filming their films. The problem is those films have problems (as I mentioned with Jurassic World that they have not been able to film in Malta for example).

This escapes us. When the situation improves in many countries ... it is possible that more films will start filming. According to rumors TR2 would be filmed in Cape Town and now South Africa is an impossible place.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 23-08-20 at 10:35.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 10:54   #17210
Ellioft
Professor

So to provide a little context and because writting late at night wasn't the best option :

When I was saying all Warner important movies are shooting at Leavesden I was talking about The Batman and Fantastic Beast 3 wich are massive movies.

We know TR2 is supposed to be shoot in thoses places :

Leavesden and London (wich is logical because Manor and because it's cheaper to shoot in UK)

United States (confirmed by Ben)

Others locations.

I think the studios are taking mesures to provide a safe and healty space for the actors and the staff. Like Paramount Pictures does for Jurassic World. But it does cost a lot of money.

So as Pinky said I think we have now to play the waiting game.

By the way I hope searching for money doesn't scream a new Volvo chase action sequence