www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 27-01-21, 15:03   #18051
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

If she said something like "I loved the games as a kid, especielly Legend"I wouldn't have said anything because who am I to say that she lyed?

But to say that she played Rise and Shadow it would mean that she should be a person that still plays videogames as an adult, since Shadow is from two years ago... (like us, but not everybody does that)

Is she a gamer? Because if she is not, then she lyed.

Not that it's important, I just don't like lying in general; just because she got this role as a director, it doesn't mean that she has to pretend to be a superfan.

Look at Roar, he didn't pretend to be a superfan but then he did a lot of research and got invested on the saurce material and made a solid movie with tons of references to the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
YES! I'm already in love with this anime project! I'm so excited for this, and the fact that it will be a direct sequel to Shadow makes it so much better, I can't wait to have more info!

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 27-01-21 at 15:10.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-21, 15:15   #18052
Rai

I'm sorry Grizzly, but I see no reason for her to have lied. All she's done is name her favourites. I'm really confused by your assumptions.
Old 27-01-21, 15:30   #18053
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Becuse I see people being like "The Chosen One", but I feel like she wasn't completely honest, she probably just said that to have this reaction by fans.

I don't have Instagram or Twitter so I can't check so probably I'm wrong and she plays videogames in her free time including Tomb Raider; again, I'm no one to judge.

I always believe people, but this particular case doesn't convince me, at all. Just my personal opinion.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 27-01-21 at 15:31.
Old 27-01-21, 15:32   #18054
Amunet
Archaeologist

^I mean, she's only 36! It's totally normal for her to play video games.
Old 27-01-21, 15:36   #18055
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
^I mean, she's only 36! It's totally normal for her to play video games.
Yes of course! I will be playing video games forever, that's not the problem I was saying, I was assuming she wrote that just to be loved by fans even if it wasn't true.

However, I just realised that I have to take back what I said because she just said that her favourites are Rise and Shadow; she didn't say "I am a superfan, I played Rise and Shadow in my free time even before getting this job", so she could mean that she played them after she got the role as a director and loved them!
So yes, I was wrong here, my bad! Sorry Misha!

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 27-01-21 at 15:37.
Old 27-01-21, 16:08   #18056
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
HOLY ****

WOW

https://deadline.com/2021/01/netflix...es-1234681149/

Plenty of Lara Croft coming our way. Makes me believe this sequel film will be an original story if Netflix will do an Anime Series that picks up straight after Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

This is crazy, also weird how Legendary TV is producing this adaptation for anime vs MGM for the film as MGM does have a Television division but we have a Resident Evil style setup going on here where there's new movies but also that Netflix series.
Holy cow! Tomb Raider Anime? In the reboot continuity? Following a possibly late 40s/early 50s Lara (25 years after the TR2013, she'd be 46)? Damn, I am impressed! This can be incredibly interesting! And possibly an idea to where the games are going next! Damn, this is so interesting!

Man, this week keeps getting better and better! And we might not things releasing on time for it, but at least in terms of announcements, the 25th anniversary is getting greater by the second!
Old 27-01-21, 16:18   #18057
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Holy cow! Tomb Raider Anime? In the reboot continuity? Following a possibly late 40s/early 50s Lara (25 years after the TR2013, she'd be 46)? Damn, I am impressed! This can be incredibly interesting! And possibly an idea to where the games are going next! Damn, this is so interesting!
No,no,no,no the 25th year after her first game is about the franchise as a whole not the reboot timeline ^^
Old 27-01-21, 16:20   #18058
Rai

To be fair, I was confused about that too. The wording isn't great.
Old 27-01-21, 16:33   #18059
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
No,no,no,no the 25th year after her first game is about the franchise as a whole not the reboot timeline ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
To be fair, I was confused about that too. The wording isn't great.
Yeah, the wording is confusing.

Still, excited.

Still, that big of a time jump, especially if the games also followed it, could be very interesting for Lara Croft and female videogame protagonists in general. Not many woman over 40 (or even 30, 35) as protagonists in the medium. It could actually be very interesting and make Lara set new grounds for what a videogame heroine could be.
Old 27-01-21, 16:36   #18060
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

In regards to whether Misha plays games or not, she has said in interviews that she frequently plays Injustice 2. That sort of seems like a niche game to just rhyme off to me.