www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 11-02-18, 16:11   #8151
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I dunno where in a galaxy far far away you live, but it seems like you have very girly fit boys in there...
Lol I really dont undetstdant some ppl seeing her as a fit boy but at least if he is a TR fan he needs try to love her or the movie will be bad for him even from now
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 16:21   #8152
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by joona View Post
Someone posted this a while ago and I think she looks just like Rise Lara here:
https://imgur.com/a/hj8nl
Thats cool... but it shouldnt matter...

Everybody is way too concerend with this type of stuff...

I love how people keep posting this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart Vader View Post
Emma has much in common with Lara, whereas Alicia almost anti-Lara. Don't talk about flat chest, they're all flat chested and it's not a big deal.

But forget about Emma for a second, look at this picture:

Odette is 100% pure Lara, why not? Why Alicia?

Of course she looks like her... its not a coincidence. They used that exact image of Odette to create that piece of concept art. A lot of concept art is created using pre existing media.
That absolutely doesnt mean she should be the default choice to play Lara.

They used images of model Megan Farquar to create reboot Lara as well; that doesnt mean she should be in the casting conversation.

There are thousands of renders of Lara, and some look shockingly like Alicia. It doesnt matter. I would have been cool if they cast Saorise Ronan and she looks less like Lara than anyone.... but who cares... If she can deliver the performance, thats all I care about... peoples perception of what Lara Croft "looks like" is defined by what they see on the screen. If the performance is right, the actress in question will define the role, not the other way around...

To be fair, I was 100% percent team Emma (Watson) back in the day. BUt my opinion changed when Alicia won her oscar and started to make a name for herself. Emma would have been interesting, but IMO Alicia was choice number 1.

Last edited by BigR4444; 11-02-18 at 16:22.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 16:38   #8153
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Honestly, Emma was also my top choice, but mostly because I just wasn't seeing them getting a Oscar winner for the role. But I've also always thought it was a risk to cast Emma as Lara because she already has many iconic roles. As I said, people wouldn't see Lara, they would see Hermione or Belle playing Lara.

But I have to say, the moment I saw Alicia I rejoiced. Was a bit scared for her lack of muscle mass, but damn if she didn't put some good muscles into her figure. And the more we've seen from her as Lara, the more I fell in love with Alicia as the character!
Old 11-02-18, 16:43   #8154
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Honestly, Emma was also my top choice, but mostly because I just wasn't seeing them getting a Oscar winner for the role. But I've also always thought it was a risk to cast Emma as Lara because she already has many iconic roles. As I said, people wouldn't see Lara, they would see Hermione or Belle playing Lara.

But I have to say, the moment I saw Alicia I rejoiced. Was a bit scared for her lack of muscle mass, but damn if she didn't put some good muscles into her figure. And the more we've seen from her as Lara, the more I fell in love with Alicia as the character!
Have you watched the "Becoming Lara Croft" video it makes me even more fall in love with her
Old 11-02-18, 17:03   #8155
Dart Vader
Inactive

Quote:
And a well deserved Oscar, add to that. And again, most here do think she looks like Lara. Many were even suggesting her for the role before anyone was casted. And as a pipe-dream. And just because you don't think she looks the part doesn't change that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
To be fair, I was 100% percent team Emma (Watson) back in the day. BUt my opinion changed when Alicia won her oscar and started to make a name for herself. Emma would have been interesting, but IMO Alicia was choice number 1.

You overstimate Oscar. Many great actors dont have one. They could cast another ridley-like-noname for the role. Noname which fits perfect. But they chose 50/50 option - she looks something like Lara and she has Oscar. Good enough. As a result it may turns into "just a bit of Lara and who cares about Oscar?"

Quote:
And I don't think Emma has that much of star power to bring audiences just because she is in a role. Besides Beauty and the Beast, which probably made more money for being a live-action remake of a classic Disney movie than because of it's cast, none of her recent films performed that well on the box office.
Emma has some of star power, Alicia has nothing. If it flops, we'll never get sequel.

Quote:
I dunno where in a galaxy far far away you live, but it seems like you have very girly fit boys in there...
I've read the thread. It's been discussed already.
http://imgur.com/a/dGjSU
http://imgur.com/a/MdITz
Male body. Don't argue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
If she can deliver the performance, thats all I care about... peoples perception of what Lara Croft "looks like" is defined by what they see on the screen. If the performance is right, the actress in question will define the role, not the other way around...
What kind of performance are you waiting for? It's pure action movie. I don't think we should talk too much about facial emotions in that case.

Because this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Lara as a character jump,swim,fight with her hands,hang to a rope,use a bike,run,climb to a lot of things it's part of her character to be physical.
Essence of the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Have you watched the "Becoming Lara Croft" video it makes me even more fall in love with her
I've watched "Becoming Rey" videos. It's funny. Because there is no result So, "Becoming Lara" is about the same story. Dont attach too much importance to it.

Last edited by Dart Vader; 11-02-18 at 17:12.
Dart Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 17:11   #8156
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
You overstimate Oscar. Many great actors dont have one. They could cast another ridley-like-noname for the role. Noname which fits perfect. But they chose 50/50 option - she looks something like Lara and she has Oscar. Good enough. As a result it may turns into "just a bit of Lara and who cares about Oscar?"

Emma has some of star power, Alicia has nothing. If it flops, we'll never get sequel.

I've read the thread. It's been discussed already.
http://imgur.com/a/dGjSU
http://imgur.com/a/MdITz
Male body. Don't argue with that.

What kind of performance are you waiting for? It's pure action movie. I don't think we should talk too much about facial emotions in that case.

Because this:

Essence of the movie
Dude it seems like you dont just like her but also hate her
Try to love her, Going to cinemas already having a bad thing in your mind is gonna make you hate the movie even from the first minutes
The movie is done almost everyone is okay with Alicia. Just try to love her you wont be disappointed
Old 11-02-18, 17:12   #8157
tombstone
Professor

Star power is a myth, emma has been in flops and her "starpower" didn't save them, she didn't make beauty and the beast the mega hit it was, it was a hugely beloved classic like jungle book was and like lion king it was going to make crap-ton of money.
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 17:18   #8158
Dart Vader
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
Dude it seems like you dont just like her but also hate her
Try to love her,
The movie is done almost everyone is okay with Alicia. Just try to love her you wont be disappointed
I don't care about Alicia. No problem with her. Problem with Alicia Croft or Lara Vikander.

Quote:
Going to cinemas already having a bad thing in your mind is gonna make you hate the movie even from the first minutes
We can't order our mind, I'm on the dark side already
Dart Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 17:27   #8159
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
I don't care about Alicia. No problem with her. Problem with Alicia Croft or Lara Vikander.

We can't order our mind, I'm on the dark side already
Well it looks like you have always been in dark side but theorically you can do pretty well on accepting her because you can, Just try to love her assume that you love her its not impossible to do
It aint hard c'mon dude she has worked so much for that role go watch the videos etc just try to love her
Old 11-02-18, 17:41   #8160
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Cool

And just like that, 99% you're Tancha. Same sort of "Alicia looks nothing like Lara. She is a flop." arguments. Same sort of grammatical errors. Same exact pictures of Alicia's body pics shared and saying it was discussed already, when you're account is really fairly new. Too many coincidences pointing towards. It just seems like you went from Amanda to Emma just to see if people would react better to your Alicia hate if you change your preferred actress to someone people actually discussed. If really it's you, this is just the saddest thing ever... Seriously, can some mod check their IPs or something just to confirm it?

And no, that is not a male body. That's how muscular women look like. I should know, one on my cousins is a gym rat and her body looks just like Alicia's. And she looks as feminine as ever, like Alicia does. If you can't see that, maybe you should go out more.