Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-11-19, 10:24   #28441
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston View Post
Let it go on record that it's disrespectful to claim someone is "imagining" the changes they are seeing with their own eyes, after having played the game excessively for a year or more already.

Maybe you just don't have the same hardware Sora, or maybe look closer?
Or maybe Sora is telling the truth and you are just in denial. Either way it doesn't really matter now does it? Whether the game looks like a shiny gem or a bag of ****, at the end of the day Shadow is just Shadow and nothing is ever changing that.

Especially as of now, could have been more, but the gods like the clown around sometimes.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:27   #28442
Halston

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Or maybe Sora is telling the truth and you are just in denial. Either way it doesn't really matter now does it? Whether the game looks like a shiny gem or a bag of ****, at the end of the day Shadow is just Shadow and nothing is ever changing that.

Especially as of now, could have been more, but the gods like the clown around sometimes.
Multiple people are in denial because they noticed various changes to a large game update? Ok.

You're right about one thing, and that's the fact that Shadow has bigger issues. It seems time to move on from this title!
Halston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:30   #28443
charmedangelin

Quote:
Multiple people are in denial because they noticed various changes to a large game update? Ok.

You're right about one thing, and that's the fact that Shadow has bigger issues. It seems time to move on from this title!
We've come to an agreement, I'm pleased.

Of course people will play Shadow and do trilogy playthroughs and all that, but it's finally time to pop the cork on this bitch and celebrate the end of an era.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:32   #28444
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:

No there have been no vague fixes. And yes multiple people can mistakenly see things that aren’t there. It’s called “placebo effect”.

It is not disrespectful of me to point this out. The game is and always has been running as well as it can on consoles of this generation. The Definitive edition did not enhance the visual fidelity of the game nor did it increase its performance of anti-aliasing.

I can even prove it. During cutscenes, there is a brief millisecond pause whenever there’s a cut or change of camera angle. This is due to the anti-aliasing method used for the console version of the game.

And I owns the game on steam (American version) and on PS4 (Japanese version). I own both a PS4 slim and a PS4 Pro as well.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:35   #28445
Halston

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
We've come to an agreement, I'm pleased.

Of course people will play Shadow and do trilogy playthroughs and all that, but it's finally time to pop the cork on this bitch and celebrate the end of an era.
I'm gonna sob my way through a final playthrough as I wear the Croft Fitness outfit, even though it's not that special or cute. Then, I'm uninstalling this continuous disappointment.

Shadow had sooooo much potential, and they basically just brushed it off and did the bare minimum. Shame. Tragic. Disgusting. Unsurprising.

I wish they could just go ahead and give us the full patch notes and some clarification on what happened to Croft Manor so we can get some closure and move on. We all know that early build of the manor is gonna surface sometime and we are all going to spiral into depression again lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
No there have been no vague fixes. And yes multiple people can mistakenly see things that aren’t there. It’s called “placebo effect”.

It is not disrespectful of me to point this out. The game is and always has been running as well as it can on consoles of this generation. The Definitive edition did not enhance the visual fidelity of the game nor did it increase its performance of anti-aliasing.

I can even prove it. During cutscenes, there is a brief millisecond pause whenever there’s a cut or change of camera angle. This is due to the anti-aliasing method used for the console version of the game.

And I owns the game on steam (American version) and on PS4 (Japanese version). I own both a PS4 slim and a PS4 Pro as well.
Can you send me the patch notes real quick? I wish I knew you had them earlier.

Last edited by Halston; 05-11-19 at 10:37.
Halston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:57   #28446
GFY2013

Quote:
I'm gonna sob my way through a final playthrough as I wear the Croft Fitness outfit, even though it's not that special or cute. Then, I'm uninstalling this continuous disappointment.

Shadow had sooooo much potential, and they basically just brushed it off and did the bare minimum. Shame. Tragic. Disgusting. Unsurprising.

I wish they could just go ahead and give us the full patch notes and some clarification on what happened to Croft Manor so we can get some closure and move on. We all know that early build of the manor is gonna surface sometime and we are all going to spiral into depression again lmao.
Well said!
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 12:34   #28447
johnanonymouz

There is no closure to get. It's done. They never officially announced anything so they don't have to explain themselves.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 12:35   #28448
andre_costa

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
There is no closure to get. It's done. They never officially announced anything so they don't have to explain themselves.
Well, they should at least explain the Coming Soon entry on the main menu, tho... I doubt that was for the DE
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 12:41   #28449
johnanonymouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
Well, they should at least explain the Coming Soon entry on the main menu, tho... I doubt that was for the DE
They said they were considering new content so that's probably it. They ultimately decided on the outfit. Is it a lie? Probably but it fits their narrative.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 13:11   #28450
Lara_Fan1

Tbf, i know they said they were considering new content but they shouldn’t have put the “Coming Soon” in the menu unless they were 100% certain they were going through with it. It’s not fair on the community.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote