Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Now, I hope after explaining the above, we can carry on with this thread
We haven't gone off topic though...

Quote:
Sorry if I sound very dramatic here but only if you knew how attached he was to that BMW (which he moded heavily). He genuinely tries his best to make this awesome and genuinely sold his car and invested into it. There's no "hidden marketing" plot.
Fair enough. You'll have to excuse my skepticism, because taking strong statements from marketing posts as being factually true is a great way to be misled on a regular basis. That's the job, after all. Nothing's ever as pretty as the mockup.

Quote:
No one is treating you as a drop in a bucket. Sorry if anything I said felt like it. I was merely straightening out the facts.
Nothing you said made me think the money wasn't enough, it's the lack of a clear monetary goal to get it done right and the high product prices that make me feel that way. I mean, one of the stretch goals is a live concert I simply could not attend because of overseas travel costs, so if I'm paying a substantial markup to help that happen, where's my benefit in doing so? And if the concert cost $300,000 and you managed to raise $290,000, what would happen to the $110,000 of extra money raised that can no longer be used for a concert?
Old 16-03-19, 00:39   #1312
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
high product prices that make me feel that way
I explained the prices a couple of pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helegad View Post

And if the concert cost $300,000 and you managed to raise $290,000, what would happen to the $110,000 of extra money raised that can no longer be used for a concert?
In that particular case we'd do a concert either by slightly scaling back (ie removing a few musicians). Though judging by the amount of KS backers we could possibly get the 10K (USD 10K not 10K) from ticket sales (backers would get free tickets as promised).

We did explain where the excess is going I believe a few days before the end of KS.

1 10K excess from KS +whatever Peter Planned to use as a basic musician salary for himself went into Richard Niles. Peter switched onto minimum living wage instead whilst using own saving to support himself and his family. He effectively quit the job at Slightly Mad Studios a few months ago to fully commit his time to TRDAS.

2 the car + extra backer money + shop funds are going into Tina Guo, Julie Elven and a number of other musicians (Richard is currently finalising who exactly we can get etc etc). The more we get from sales now the more musicians we can hire. The extra funding also will determine how this will be recorded (studio etc). We are currently sat between Stretch goal 2 and 3.

I would say our current monetary goal didn't change much from the KS goals if that helps?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...reborn-in-shad
Old 16-03-19, 04:33   #1313
Gemma Darkmoon
Student

Quote:
Was EXACTLY my idea! Wanted it for exercise

These (like most of our tshirts) are made-to-order. Which means closer to shipping date we will order however much has been ordered at the time. We actually had positive response for these (and a few orders) with an exception of this thread of course. But again, we ain't aiming to please everyone with this one and we produced a variety of other tshirt designs (27 in fact) to ensure someone will find something for themselves.
I think it is quite a funny idea for the 'I feel stronger' T-shirt but I you might be focusing too much on niche designs. If you go out wearing these pieces of clothing would general people identify it as TR? For any further designs it may be best to go with only designs of Lara (like the album cover for example). I just mean from your perspective is going to be a lot easier in the end logistically if you have bigger numbers for less designs rather than ending up with sales spread across huge number of designs. Personally I always link AOD background to Lara, circular background artistic pieces and that orange typefont.

Quote:
No one is treating you as a drop in a bucket. Sorry if anything I said felt like it. I was merely straightening out the facts.
I think always the difficult thing is the tangibility element. We know the project is happening. Will more money get Julie and Tina involved on more tracks or there a recording studio you want to get into for the live elements? I think maybe saying we need money for … could help address the criticism.

I also feel the live dinner is missed potential. It feels the star guests haven't been cemented and could have been used more to fundraise and promote TDAS. A fan who is willing to travel hundreds of miles and obviously use time and money isn't go to mind paying 50-100 or buying some merchandise. With it in a public space where you can't do live track previews and no confirmed Lara model or VA makes it trickier to realise a boost from the event.

Quote:
We said this on many occasions that every single pound is spent onto making this as great as possible.
Now, I hope after explaining the above, we can carry on with this thread
Sorry if my above things sound critical but I want you to smash this. I don't get people questioning Peter's motivations. Seems a bit rude as it's clear a lot of love is going into this and the TDAS team don't deserve this kind of flack. I see the passion from the team and think everyone should support this.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 14:04   #1314
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma Darkmoon View Post
I think always the difficult thing is the tangibility element. We know the project is happening. Will more money get Julie and Tina involved on more tracks or there a recording studio you want to get into for the live elements? I think maybe saying we need money for could help address the criticism.

I also feel the live dinner is missed potential. It feels the star guests haven't been cemented and could have been used more to fundraise and promote TDAS. A fan who is willing to travel hundreds of miles and obviously use time and money isn't go to mind paying 50-100 or buying some merchandise. With it in a public space where you can't do live track previews and no confirmed Lara model or VA makes it trickier to realise a boost from the event.

Sorry if my above things sound critical but I want you to smash this. I don't get people questioning Peter's motivations. Seems a bit rude as it's clear a lot of love is going into this and the TDAS team don't deserve this kind of flack. I see the passion from the team and think everyone should support this.
Oh yes we did say where the extra funds are going. As I mentioned in my previous post - more money goes towards getting more musicians involved etc. We're trying to push for a full orchestra (with funds we're getting from purchases) right now but Julie, Tina and (at least) strings are in the bag already!

Regarding Dinner. Unfortunately we couldn't afford getting Jill coming over as we needed to pay expenses for the actual music and production. We couldn't afford gambling and booking the venue with hope that it'll get us the money back. Risking backer money is not something we wish to do (the venue, guests etc will need a payment in advance).

Plus organising it could take time and effort and result a delay. The delay in delivery is something we wish to avoid at all costs. VA - Jonell, is unable to attend public events due to personal reasons. We could technically get Eric Loren and Jill de Jong but alas we don't have the money to spare. Music and delivery on time is the most important for us right now.
We use the dinner just to connect with those who backed or purchased our album and generally say "thanks" in person so to speak.

THAT BEING SAID, if we do manage to get the full orchestra / studio goal we might be able to offer attendance to that instead. Jill/ Eric could well be in reach then. But this is all theoretical ofc.
Old 16-03-19, 18:52   #1315
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Whatever happens, I'm still incredibly grateful that this project exists in the first place . Can't thank Ash, Murti, Peter and the rest of the team enough for taking the amazing step of putting this all together.
Old 16-03-19, 19:15   #1316
Alex Fly
Legend

^ Same here.
Also I'm extremely happy to read the project is now between stretch goals 2 and 3, it's so cool!

PS: Loving the design of the new t-shirt personally but you can't please everyone I suppose... ^-^
Old 16-03-19, 19:37   #1317
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
^ Same here.
Also I'm extremely happy to read the project is now between stretch goals 2 and 3, it's so cool!

PS: Loving the design of the new t-shirt personally but you can't please everyone I suppose... ^-^
you absolute legend. We owe you so much for everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Whatever happens, I'm still incredibly grateful that this project exists in the first place . Can't thank Ash, Murti, Peter and the rest of the team enough for taking the amazing step of putting this all together.
<3