Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 07-04-14, 15:36   #471
Dustie

Just a question from me - any idea if you guys will actually be able to finish the engine, as in make it playable and provide a level editor? I know a lot of project like this often get cancelled, because people become busy with other things... just wanted to ask if you can see this happening for real.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 15:36   #472
Ado Croft

Wau, absolutely great news... I have tested it and climbing wall works quite good, good job
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 17:48   #473
jackraider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado Croft View Post
Wau, absolutely great news... I have tested it and climbing wall works quite good, good job
how did you get it to work?
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 18:47   #474
Ado Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
how did you get it to work?
Well, I compiled the source code with codeblocks as I described it eight comments above.
I use windows 7

Have you tried to compile this source code by using codeblock?
If yes, where do you get this error?

Last edited by Ado Croft; 07-04-14 at 18:56.
Old 08-04-14, 20:41   #475
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado Croft View Post
Well, I compiled the source code with codeblocks as I described it eight comments above.
I use windows 7

Have you tried to compile this source code by using codeblock?
If yes, where do you get this error?
To be honest the whole tutorial should be revamped because it is probably outdated. I must be dumb but the amount of times me and my friends tried to compile it became extremely off putting. We followed the tutorial pretty much exactly, it's very vague about where to find most of the libraries too if it were more specific I guess we wouldn't be having so many problems.

I took into consideration what you said and it's just not working. I really don't get it.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 21:04   #476
laralives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
To be honest the whole tutorial should be revamped because it is probably outdated. I must be dumb but the amount of times me and my friends tried to compile it became extremely off putting. We followed the tutorial pretty much exactly, it's very vague about where to find most of the libraries too if it were more specific I guess we wouldn't be having so many problems.

I took into consideration what you said and it's just not working. I really don't get it.
I hope you are able to figure it out... because from other things I have seen you do with the TR Engine.. I suspect that you would be able to contribute quite positively into this engine!

And as far as this project goes... I have been following it from the beginning, but don't comment on anything because I have no idea what much of it means, but I do keep checking for updates and get excited anytime something is implementing and ya'll come closer to the finish line!

laralives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 06:42   #477
Ado Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
To be honest the whole tutorial should be revamped
I don't think so. According to me it is not necessary to revamp this tutorial. Only what you need is to download this patch:
http://speedy.sh/TUAtR/MIN-GW-files.7z
After that place this patch to your MinGW directory.
Consequently you shoud follow this tutorial: http://www.moddb.com/games/opentomb/...codeblocks-ide. On this side there is all what you have to do.

These screenshots ilustrated correct linker setting

Then it should work

Last edited by Ado Croft; 09-04-14 at 07:37.
Old 12-04-14, 09:51   #478
Lwmte

Hi, guys! Sorry for long delay, I really had lots of things in my life to sort out, now I'm looking for new job, but good side is that now I have lots of free time to spend! Hopefully, soon we'll get a trigger system (TeslaRus already working on it), I hope to contribute to it!

Considering CodeBlocks tutorial on ModDB... As Ado Croft says, tutorial is generally correct, only thing to be done is to update libraries / search paths in CodeBlocks project settings. However, it's a bit tricky until you'll get into the whole concept of linking various C++ libs into project.

Also I have a request... Maybe someone out there had an experience with streaming audio? I gave up trying to program it myself. Or at least it'll be great to have some example, like SIMPLE open-source OGG/ADPCM streaming player done using OpenAL.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-14, 02:56   #479
Turbo Pascal

Quote:
Maybe someone out there had an experience with streaming audio? I gave up trying to program it myself. Or at least it'll be great to have some example, like SIMPLE open-source OGG/ADPCM streaming player done using OpenAL.
You are not quite descriptive exactly with what you are stuck; double buffering in Openal?, decompressing Ogg chunk data?,

here is a basic tutorial about streaming in OpenAL. however decoding chunk data from Ogg or another encoded audio is a different task (like using ogg vorvis libs).

http://www.noeska.com/doal/Lesson14.aspx

hope it helps,

Last edited by Turbo Pascal; 13-04-14 at 02:59.
Turbo Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-14, 08:29   #480
Lwmte

Hi, Turbo!

Creating streams in OpenAL seems easy, I'm confused when it comes to managing streaming buffers related to all various TR engines.

Look, in TR1-2 we had CD audio, hence we need to replace it with /audio directory containing OGG or MP3 files (I prefer OGG, since it's free). In TR3 we had CDAUDIO.WAD file, which should also be handled in some other way, and in TR4-5 we had separate ADPCM tracks, which also should be decoded in other way. So does it mean we need three different ways to handle different audio files? I saw in your old FexEngine that you had general class for audio stream, and then derived OGG stream class from it; basically what we need in OpenTomb is the same thing, only three different classes for OGG/CDAUDIO.WAD/ADPCM WAVs audio types, am I right?
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote