www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 29-06-07, 16:59   #1971
AmericanAssassin
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwen View Post
Wha?
Oh. My. God. In my opinion, it's missing certain fantasy aspects that were in more classic FF games.
AmericanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-07, 22:00   #1972
AmericanAssassin
Legend

I'm not whether or not this has been posted before, but it is now official that there is NO FFVII remake in the works...

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII remake flat-out denied by Nomura

Nomura says that Final Fantasy 7 remake is a no-go; Kitase re-inforces the fact.

Sadly, the word on the street is true folks - the Final Fantasy 7 remake isn't going ahead any time soon. Speaking with the most recent issue of Dorimaga, Tetsuya Nomura set the record straight: "It appears that there are often overseas rumors like 'Are you currently developing a VII remake?' My apologies, but we're absolutely not making [such a game]."

Yoshinori Kitase (the director of the original FF7, as well as FF8) was quick to chime in: However, when we ask the staff who are making FFXIII why they entered the company, there are many people who say, 'I'm an FFVII fan, I also want to do a remake.'" Nomura then pointed out that the game has such a large fan-base that, although nothing is planned at this time (in any way, shape or form), they "don't want to proclaim 'the end'" yet.

So in short: no Final Fantasy 7 remake, and if it does go ahead, it won't be seen on shelves for many, many years. Sorry folks.
Source: IGN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I plaed FFXII for the first time today. It's... different. The storyline is pretty flat, if you ask me, and the gameplay just doesn't feel like Final Fantasy. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking it, but IX will probably always be my favorite.

Also, I'm uploading every FFXII cutscene and FMV to my PhotoBucket address.

Last edited by AmericanAssassin; 29-06-07 at 23:33.
Old 30-06-07, 19:05   #1973
nightwishgirl84
Archaeologist

FF XII is my favorite but it was also the 1st FF game i ever played so my opinion might be a bit biased.
I love the trailers for the new games but i too dislike that they are doing the whole console thing.
i'm mean,that a true fan needs to have all consoles in order to play all the games (except snes,mobile,whatever).
i mean,i have a pc,ds,ps2 and soon ps3 and a psp and if i like the preview of the 360 game i'm gonna need a 360 aswell ^-^
and thats a bit too much consoles if you know what i mean!!
and they don't grow on trees either
Old 30-06-07, 22:49   #1974
AmericanAssassin
Legend

It appears that Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII could possible be making its way to the PS3 console after all... thank God. Supposedly, the Xbox 360 only rumor was started by a French gaming website called JeuxFrance. Along with that, ffinsider.net says that the site shouldn't be trusted. More on this can be read below, along with news on even more Final Fantasy action.

According to finalfantasyversusxiii.net:
Quote:
Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII is not fully confirmed by Square Enix. It is supposedly an Online RPG, part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation, for the Playstation 3. We know nothing official about this game, however Square Enix have published a wordmark. There is no verification that this is true, however.
On another Final Fantasy XIII note, it appears that there will be a mobile game based in the FFXIII world. The following news comes from ff-xiii.net:
Quote:
Final Fantasy Agito XIII arrives as an entirely separate entity for mobile phones, offering players easy on-the-go access to the Final Fantasy XIII universe. Utilizing gameplay functions only available through mobile phones, this title provides players with a unique take on a story accessible anywhere their real-life adventures may take them.
Four Final Fantasy XIII's?! Jeez... The guys at Square Enix must never rest... And, you can bet they're already planning Final Fantasy XIV...

And, finally on a random note, here are a few (absolutely stunning) high res screenshots of the upcoming adventure RPG:

Last edited by AmericanAssassin; 02-07-07 at 14:15.
Old 01-07-07, 12:08   #1975
nightwishgirl84
Archaeologist

this game looks sooooo good !!
i'm getting a ps3 for it when the game(s) come out
i hope they announce it's release date(s) soon !!
Old 01-07-07, 12:24   #1976
kryptonite23
Tomb Raider

I like those graphics!!
Old 01-07-07, 18:48   #1977
AmericanAssassin
Legend

Here's a pic I managed to find for Final Fantasy Versus XIII!

Old 01-07-07, 18:52   #1978
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider

Always loved that image.

Hmm, I'm not sure which Final Fantasy I should play, I'm considering playing VI, bit I'm not too sure, hmmm.
Old 01-07-07, 18:54   #1979
AmericanAssassin
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure which Final Fantasy I should play, I'm considering playing VI, bit I'm not too sure, hmmm.
You should play FFIX! It's my favorite!
Old 01-07-07, 18:58   #1980
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin View Post
You should play FFIX! It's my favorite!
I would if I could, the problem is that I got to Pinnacle Rocks and the games freezes at the FMV where Brahne destroys Lindblum. =[