www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Yesterday, 23:00   #17921
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Reason number 4: it has already some pre-production work done on it (we know it at least "tons" of storyboards, and the script was being reworked to take in consideration the longer gap between movies)

Reason number 5: I want it, and that should be enough.

Still, I won't deny that especially MGM wanting to sell itself, and Bond being delayed again are two really big things against the sequel. But there are so many movies being delayed once again, that at least time between sequels might not become that much of a problem anymore...
Old Yesterday, 23:54   #17922
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Reason number 4: it has already some pre-production work done on it (we know it at least "tons" of storyboards, and the script was being reworked to take in consideration the longer gap between movies).
Ooh yes! I wasn't quite sure of this one, so didn't add it.

Quote:
Reason number 5: I want it, and that should be enough.
Aww, if only we could conjure the film still happening just by wanting it to, you can add my name

Quote:
Still, I won't deny that especially MGM wanting to sell itself, and Bond being delayed again are two really big things against the sequel. But there are so many movies being delayed once again, that at least time between sequels might not become that much of a problem anymore...
Yeah, stories can often explain the time difference and besides, stories aren't restricted to real time anyway.
Old Today, 00:14   #17923
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

The thing is MGM is betting large on smaller films and still greenlighting enough, I would love if we get Tomb Raider 2 but it just seems so unlikely in this current climate.
Old Today, 00:27   #17924
rewak
Professor

The thing going for it is they were just about to shoot, they had dates booked, locations set, it was ready to go and they have people signed on to do it. It's whether or not MGM is financially stable enough to go through with it or if whatever company ends up buying them wants to do it. Time will tell, but at least Alicia seemed excited about doing another one.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:44   #17925
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Whoever read this thread will know that I have always defended this sequel. However I think that to think that the sequel is ok is to put a bandage on the eyes.

For me this movie is not going to happen until there is official news. Step from disappointment. The movie situation right now is VERY complicated. And in the sequels... more time passes less chance they have.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; Today at 17:46.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:29   #17926
Ellioft
Professor

Maybe we should close this thread since there's nothing to talk about for now
Old Today, 18:49   #17927
Rai

This thread is for movie discussion in general. Most "general" threads are for topics that aren't considered worthy of a separate thread. For some reason this section has stuck to this one thread only, even when there's news to report. Just because there's no new news to report, doesn't mean the thread or discussion should stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Whoever read this thread will know that I have always defended this sequel. However I think that to think that the sequel is ok is to put a bandage on the eyes.

For me this movie is not going to happen until there is official news. Step from disappointment. The movie situation right now is VERY complicated. And in the sequels... more time passes less chance they have.
Honestly, I think most of us have come to that conclusion, Pinky. There's no harm in finding hope that all is not lost entirely, for the reasons given.

Last edited by Rai; Today at 18:55.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:55   #17928
Ellioft
Professor

Maybe you're right I'm just tired of seeing the same thing again and again :

Someone said something :
Sora : This movie is cancelled anyway
Pinky : You know I was the most positive but...
Me : Well I stay hopefull or positive
Rai : Let's calm down

This thread in a nutschell

Last edited by Ellioft; Today at 18:56.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote