www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 03-08-20, 21:59   #1
TheBlueFox
Hobbyist

Thumbs up Times Exclusive PS1 Release

Hi!

Back in 2013 we had a playable Beta of the Times level for the PS1 thanks to Gh0stBlade for making it playable and Lara's Boyfriend for providing the level for the PSX format in the released Devkit tools.

2 years ago I've managed to convert only the Times level to PS1:

A week ago I had planned to convert the entire Times Exclusive level to the PS1 (including the cutscene).
With some struggle, I managed to rebuild the cutscene in NGLE and tried to make the close as possible to the original. Unfortunately, the speech heads couldn't be included and some camera angles aren't in the correct position.

So, today I will be releasing to the public.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l2rxre...e_PSX.rar/file

Some bugs may happen (textures, lighting and frame drop) due to PSX limits

Some tools used:

NGLE by Paolone
TR2PRJ by aktrekker
Tomb Raider Image Converter (TRIC) by b122251
Scripter4 by MontyTRC
TR4&TR5 Dev kit provided by Laras Boyfr.
Times Exclusive cutscene animations extracted by sapper

A lot of thanks to everyone mentioned, this project wouldn't be possible without them.

DISCLAIMER:
This is a fan project and is completely nonprofit. If this infriged your rights, please contact me to remove it. Thanks.

Hope you enjoy.
TheBlueFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 01:25   #2
LateRaider
Professor

the "speech heads"? what do you mean by that, like when the lip textures move when characters talk?
Old 04-08-20, 06:51   #3
TheBlueFox
Hobbyist

Yes, there are 8 in total. 4 of them is for Lara, the others are for 2 different actors that can be in any slot in the level files, they can only be triggered with a CUTSCENE trigger though.
Old 04-08-20, 15:50   #4
Dan-d
Student

How cool! I always wondered why Eidos/Core never bothered to release these addons on the PSX.
Could you explain a little bit more about the pc to pcx conversion process? Are the tools available to download anywhere?
Dan-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 17:32   #5
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueFox View Post
Yes, there are 8 in total. 4 of them is for Lara, the others are for 2 different actors that can be in any slot in the level files, they can only be triggered with a CUTSCENE trigger though.
oh ok. i personally can live without those, i think, so long as the cutscene itself is still there. thanks for the info.

it looks like we're just waiting on a The Lost Artifact conversion and we're done, PC's time as king has ended
Old 04-08-20, 20:51   #6
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

TRNG Does have a feature that allows you to include speech heads for both lara and the other person. It's completely possible.

EDIT: I just noticed you were using NGLE and not TRNG, since it's impossible to port TRNG levels to PSX
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 20:55   #7
TheBlueFox
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-d View Post
How cool! I always wondered why Eidos/Core never bothered to release these addons on the PSX.
Could you explain a little bit more about the pc to pcx conversion process? Are the tools available to download anywhere?
Yes, the tools to convert the levels to PSX is available, it works basically the same as the PC conversion: WAD/SFX/SWD/TOM -> PC level file
it does the same but for the PSX version.

Last edited by TheBlueFox; 04-08-20 at 21:04.
Old 05-08-20, 08:47   #8
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-d View Post
The cost of licensing these small add-ons and producing the PlayStation discs that have to be specially manufactured would be not worth it, compared to just burning the game onto any normal CD for PC, without any licensing needed.

Last edited by TombHackR; 05-08-20 at 08:55.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 14:44   #9
Felix Kroft
Hobbyist

It wouldn't be a problem to release TR1-3 GOLD + Times Exclusive for PSX as a bundle / pack, on one cd, not in parts, that would make more sense, and that might have work back then.

Sort of like special edition re-releases [Wipeout 3, or Mortal Kombat Trilogy, or Resident Evil Director's Cut for example]

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 05-08-20 at 14:48.
Felix Kroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 19:27   #10
TombHackR
Golden

That aside… we already know that the gold levels won’t run on PlayStation hardware, without cutting content like in Unfinished Business or using the really advanced workaround methods in the Golden Mask port. We don’t know yet about the Lost Artefact. If they knew the levels were going to be released on the PlayStation before they were designed, then maybe that would not be an issue.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote