www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 14-11-10, 08:26   #31
LOBBS
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonttu View Post
TPFextract is a command-line program so it should be run from Command Prompt or some terminal (MSYS, Console)

The GUI calls CLI with this when getting file list
Code:
QProcess *getfilelist = new QProcess();
arguments << "-f" << path;
getfilelist->start("TPFextract", arguments);
getfilelist->waitForReadyRead();
QByteArray data = getfilelist->readAllStandardOutput();
This means TPFextract needs to be in the same folder with TPFextractGUI or added to your PATH environment variable for the GUI to actually do anything

That is one scenario where it doesn't show filelist. It also doesn't give any error message because there isn't any error checking coded for it. I probably should add some kind of error check for it later
I got it figured out thanks to some help over on the Football Freaks board. It turned out to be a .dll issue. They're probably in common use on this site but not so much there and how we've used TexMod. Once I got those installed it works like a charm now. Great job on the utility.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-10, 08:48   #32
Tonttu
Student

Shouldn't be a dll issue as the latest version is static build and therefore it doesn't depend on any dll files
Found the thread at the Football Freaks board and posted some info there
Tonttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 13:25   #33
TomBRaiderL
Hobbyist

Unhappy Don't get it

Hey Guys...
I don't get how this Programm works...
Here's how I do it:

I open the tpfextractgui, then i click on browse and choose my tpf.
After that there's the name of the tpf standing in the textfield, but there are no entries in the list below.
After that i click on "extract", choose a folder and after that nothing happens.
I already created a tpf myself so i was 100% sure, that there must be a png file or something like that.... but still i don't have list entries or success extracting it.
What am I doing wrong?
TomBRaiderL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 19:43   #34
Tonttu
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBRaiderL View Post
Hey Guys...
I don't get how this Programm works...
Here's how I do it:

I open the tpfextractgui, then i click on browse and choose my tpf.
After that there's the name of the tpf standing in the textfield, but there are no entries in the list below.
After that i click on "extract", choose a folder and after that nothing happens.
I already created a tpf myself so i was 100% sure, that there must be a png file or something like that.... but still i don't have list entries or success extracting it.
What am I doing wrong?
Make sure the GUI is in the same folder with CLI
The GUI can't find the CLI unless it's in the same folder or in your PATH and thus doesn't do anything
Old 24-04-14, 07:09   #35
PJP2810
Hobbyist

I've just come across this thread whilst looking for a program to do exactly what you say this does to extract the source files froma tpf, however the download links appear to not work.

I understand that this is an old thread but was wondering if the program was still available/working.

Regards,

PJP
PJP2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 13:07   #36
CrimsonThrall
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJP2810 View Post
I've just come across this thread whilst looking for a program to do exactly what you say this does to extract the source files froma tpf, however the download links appear to not work.

I understand that this is an old thread but was wondering if the program was still available/working.

Regards,

PJP
You can find an TPF Extractor here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/65...Source_1.0.rar
Old 25-04-14, 13:13   #37
Tonttu
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJP2810 View Post

Regards,

PJP
Perhaps a temporary server error. The links seem to work fine for me at the moment.
Old 08-10-19, 01:48   #38
CSEverett
Hobbyist

Err, it's been another 5 years, and none of the download links in the first post work, for either site. The source code link posted 5 years ago works, but I don't know anything about programming/scripting to have any idea what to do with a source code. Anyone who know of a download (to the full version) that works, or able to post a new download?
CSEverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 11:09   #39
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

I only downloaded this recently ill upload it for you now. I found it on a non TR related website. Texmod is synonymous with TR but, it's quite game wide.

Not on PC atm so cant test which zip is the correct one so i've uploaded both together . one is the source code and one is the actual Win program

If anyone knows a reputable site that would host this long term let me know and ill pass it on. It's a flawless program and mighty helpful to the fellow modder!

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 08-10-19 at 11:10.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 22:07   #40
CSEverett
Hobbyist

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I only downloaded this recently ill upload it for you now. I found it on a non TR related website. Texmod is synonymous with TR but, it's quite game wide.

Not on PC atm so cant test which zip is the correct one so i've uploaded both together . one is the source code and one is the actual Win program

If anyone knows a reputable site that would host this long term let me know and ill pass it on. It's a flawless program and mighty helpful to the fellow modder!
Thank you for replying so quickly! Sorry about the delay in this post, just got back from am extended trip. Now if only I could figure out texmod packing mode...
CSEverett is offline   Reply With Quote