www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 09-10-19, 17:09   #1501
Zebra
Legend

This tool sounds great ! I do agree that having it work with Blender would be more useful but some of the reactions in here seem a bit rude. At the end of the day, having this sort of tool for SketchUp is way better than not having it at all. Great job, sasho!
Old 09-10-19, 17:59   #1502
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Deciding on SketchUp in the modding community where nobody uses it, moreover in the community which was already forced into learning another (archaic) 3d editing app once (metasequoia) for just one app (meta2tr) is like deliberately designing a tool so nobody will use it. Just saying.

Even making a tool for Metasequoia only would be a better choice. And it still would be a bad choice in the long run tbh since Tomb Editor is trying to get rid of such absurd limitaions, meaning hopefully one day TRLE community will be much more user friendly.

Last edited by Caesum; 09-10-19 at 18:04.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 19:16   #1503
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Deciding on SketchUp in the modding community where nobody uses it, moreover in the community which was already forced into learning another (archaic) 3d editing app once (metasequoia) for just one app (meta2tr) is like deliberately designing a tool so nobody will use it. Just saying.

Even making a tool for Metasequoia only would be a better choice. And it still would be a bad choice in the long run tbh since Tomb Editor is trying to get rid of such absurd limitaions, meaning hopefully one day TRLE community will be much more user friendly.
And there are nicer ways of communicating that to someone who put time and effort into creating modding tools for the community than saying "ew, bye". Would I prefer to have this kind of tool work with Blender? Sure. But I'd also rather have it work with SketchUp than not have it at all and I think it's great that people are stepping up and creating tools like this even if I might not agree 100% with every decision made along the way.

(As for meta2tr, that was made for Metasequoia because Metasequoia was already very widespread in the TRLE community to begin with. Loads of people used it for object creation.)

Last edited by Zebra; 09-10-19 at 19:27.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 20:46   #1504
sasho648
Historian

Anywho I updated the tool to support rotations.
Old 09-10-19, 21:38   #1505
Samz
Relic Hunter

So I'm curious, is the INVENT Test level in the PS2 version?
Old 09-10-19, 23:04   #1506
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
(As for meta2tr, that was made for Metasequoia because Metasequoia was already very widespread in the TRLE community to begin with. Loads of people used it for object creation.)
But to be fair Metasequoia was only so widespread because for the longest time it was the only program that could import/export .dxf files for StrPix.

If we had the .obj format from the start I doubt many of us would have learned it, and meta2tr might have been a different program altogether.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 08:51   #1507
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
But to be fair Metasequoia was only so widespread because for the longest time it was the only program that could import/export .dxf files for StrPix.

If we had the .obj format from the start I doubt many of us would have learned it, and meta2tr might have been a different program altogether.
Ah, so Metasequoia was used because of StrPix in the first place, not meta2tr. I stand corrected. So in that case Meta exclusivity was forced by two tools, not just one. And in the times when gmax and blender were already a thing. What a shame. Thank God at least in some parts of the modding community this is changing for the better.

Quote:
And there are nicer ways of communicating that to someone who put time and effort into creating modding tools for the community than saying "ew, bye".
nah

Last edited by Caesum; 10-10-19 at 08:52.
Old 10-10-19, 13:22   #1508
sasho648
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Ah, so Metasequoia was used because of StrPix in the first place, not meta2tr. I stand corrected. So in that case Meta exclusivity was forced by two tools, not just one. And in the times when gmax and blender were already a thing. What a shame. Thank God at least in some parts of the modding community this is changing for the better.

nah
I assume bye means for long - what are you still doing here?

If you don't like the tool go to blender.

Last edited by sasho648; 10-10-19 at 13:30.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 18:57   #1509
Samz
Relic Hunter

So a few screenshots show things like the Le Serpent Rouge Guards in the Louvre, are there any left-overs of them in the files? (Like restoring them into the level?)
Old 10-10-19, 21:44   #1510
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
I assume bye means for long - what are you still doing here?
The post wasn't even directed to you so what's your point hun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
If you don't like the tool go to blender.
I mean since you mentioned it let's be honest probably a lot of people will do that so rest assured.

Last edited by Caesum; 10-10-19 at 21:48.