www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 14-11-18, 19:10   #21
New Dwight
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Could I see some screenshots from Tibetan Foothills to The Dragons Lair? I'd rather play it knowing everything is done unlike the later levels of the IOS port after seeing how every level looks on there. Never understood why people never include the levels towards the end in a preview.
I'll post some later today.

Quote:
On a side note, there is a pleasant huge noticeable change on the TR2 textures which makes the game look fresh compared to the ones you done on TRC where you'd have to be very picky to see the difference so perhaps whatever you done with the ones on TR2 here, perhaps try the same method on TRC?
I should used this method on TR5, I may touch on it later.

Quote:
Personally, i'm not sure if this can be one on TR1 but i'd love to see that upscaled, if not, TR3 is the next best choice.
TR3 is currently getting it's make over, I'll possible wait until after that's done.
TR1 current isn't available with Pexioto's tool, I'd only assume because it's so old and used Glidos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
This is awesome I only wandered around the beginning so far, but everything is so sharp!

Out of curiosity, does it cover Golden Mask? I didn't notice any changes when I tested it, but I might have done something wrong installing it. It's totally fine if it doesn't include Golden Mask (I'm not sure how much texture overlap there even is with the main game or how hard it would be to add the Gold levels), but if it's already there then I want to get it working on my PC
No it only covers TR2, not The Golden Mask.
I'll add to the list though.
Old 14-11-18, 19:14   #22
tlr online
Administrator

Those screenshots look awesome Dwight.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 17:38   #23
New Dwight
Archaeologist

Thanks guys. Upon request I have just finished up TR3 HD. Iíll post the link and screens soon.
Old 15-11-18, 23:30   #24
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
TR1 current isn't available with Pexioto's tool, I'd only assume because it's so old and used Glidos.
Since a couple years ago, TombATI is the way to go when it comes to playing Tomb Raider 1. TombATI supports hi-res texture packs (among other things such as proper widescreen, HD FMVs, etc. Please, give it a go!

Min 3:51
Old 18-11-18, 09:44   #25
Maverin
Explorer

I have mixed feelings about this mod. Some area's look really nice and truly a step-up while retaining the original experience. But other textures look a little too cartoony for me, which imo does not really fit in a TR game.

Not saying this to attack you of course, your work is great nonetheless.
Old 18-11-18, 22:05   #26
valerys
Hobbyist

These old games are way past their prime time when they were considered 'realistic' and such. Cartoony is the best way to experience these now, it builds a better atmosphere because it detracts from the shortcomings of such old technology.
valerys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 23:49   #27
New Dwight
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I have mixed feelings about this mod. Some area's look really nice and truly a step-up while retaining the original experience. But other textures look a little too cartoony for me, which imo does not really fit in a TR game.

Not saying this to attack you of course, your work is great nonetheless.
That'll be on the waifu2x's algorithm side, as it's initially made for anime illustration. Just the ReShade algorithm alone would make it less cartoony, but not as sharp and smooth. Waifu2x also has TTA, which lacks in ReShade.
Old 19-11-18, 10:45   #28
SLAYER
Archaeologist

I always thought of the classics as cartoony.
Old 19-11-18, 10:52   #29
Saratova
Hobbyist

While in general more photo-based graphics tend to suffer from waifu2x's scaling I think it works here, which came as a surprise. The original graphics while detailed do tend to clash with the low poly environment so some simplification makes it quite pleasant, though the red metal textures are a bit distracting.

Last edited by Saratova; 19-11-18 at 10:54.
Saratova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 20:54   #30
New Dwight
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratova View Post
While in general more photo-based graphics tend to suffer from waifu2x's scaling I think it works here, which came as a surprise. The original graphics while detailed do tend to clash with the low poly environment so some simplification makes it quite pleasant, though the red metal textures are a bit distracting.
An example of lack of waifu2x's algorithm with TTA is TR5's method. Nearly barely noticeable with real attention brought to you by.