www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 18-11-18, 21:34   #71
Jamise_Croft
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Yeah, I love him. Sadly, he's passed away. He died from bone cancer in 2008 at age 37. It's heartbreaking that he died so young.

Michael Turner along with Andy Park really gave life to Lara in the comics. Incredible artistry!
I'm sad to hear that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
This particular drawing is by Michael Turner for the Tomb Raider/Witchblade crossover. He worked for Top Cow and did a few covers for the original Tomb Raider comics.

I think it just looks like a regular braid though. I'm currently working on cleaning up and "restoring" the pictures from the comics so that we can have all the great drawings in high resolution.

But definitely that hair and that Lara is gorgeous
Old 19-11-18, 00:13   #72
jhons0529
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
Did not know Turner is no longer with us. Very sad. I loved his style and Lara design.
Lara was always drawn so fantastically in the comics. I'd definitely put the comics as a reference for current era classic Lara. They feel the same in my opinion and the art is lovely.
Old 19-11-18, 00:57   #73
Swiz19
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I can't believe she looks so pretty without puffy hair! It's time to get rid of it
This should have been Lara at the end of Shadow!
To be fair, I did alter her features a bit. I made her eyes more feline, classic Lara-like and less hooded (also got rid of her hideous black eyes and made them more bronzey), made the upper lip a bit bigger and lightened the colour of them, lowered the brows and made them slightly bushier and made the nose not so slim and beaky.

When I got rid of all the hair of the face, it highlighted just how slim and weird looking Lara's nose is and it certainly doesn't match the proportions of her face.

Also, since that picture I have since tucked the hair behind Lara's ears and made it a little messier and a few more strands sticking out all over the place.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 01:07   #74
Lyle Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
To be fair, I did alter her features a bit. I made her eyes more feline, classic Lara-like and less hooded (also got rid of her hideous black eyes and made them more bronzey), made the upper lip a bit bigger and lightened the colour of them, lowered the brows and made them slightly bushier and made the nose not so slim and beaky.

When I got rid of all the hair of the face, it highlighted just how slim and weird looking Lara's nose is and it certainly doesn't match the proportions of her face.

Also, since that picture I have since tucked the hair behind Lara's ears and made it a little messier and a few more strands sticking out all over the place.
I always thought Lara was hooded honestly! Like in the middle with a crease at the corner of each eye.

And i see!! They should use your edits as a basis...keep it similar to rise/shadow lara but enough so she looks like older iterations.
Old 19-11-18, 02:53   #75
jackraider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post
Lara was always drawn so fantastically in the comics. I'd definitely put the comics as a reference for current era classic Lara. They feel the same in my opinion and the art is lovely.
Yes that would be fantastic!
Old 19-11-18, 05:44   #76
Swiz19
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
I always thought Lara was hooded honestly! Like in the middle with a crease at the corner of each eye.

And i see!! They should use your edits as a basis...keep it similar to rise/shadow lara but enough so she looks like older iterations.

To be honest, my edit is based off of Underworld Lara's features, since she's my favourite. It didn't take a whole lot of readjusting to get there either, so I don't know why CD/EIDOS decided to make her with non-traditional 'Lara features' such as hooded eyes, short brows, etc.

But I did add a few more freckles to show she spends a lot of time out doors :P
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 12:25   #77
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

If I'm honest the comic-classic Lara is my favourite incarnation of Lara, ever. I'd love for a realistic version of her molded with Reboot Lara which I could see happening in the future after Shadow's ending
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 00:53   #78
RodneyMac12
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaNtHERA View Post
I've just listened The AOD audiobook. Woooow! Her voice sounds great. Jonell will my favorite till forever. But Jennifer Milvard already become second favorite. I liked her voice more than Keeley.
Where could I find this audiobook? I only heard a small glimpse of her voice acting in Nicobass's remake.
Old 20-11-18, 01:16   #79
PaNtHERA
Hobbyist

^ You can listen on youtube or her website

http://www.theangelofdarkness.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OapW...T3ZesbhR4DC51x
PaNtHERA is online now   Reply With Quote