Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 23-07-18, 06:15   #11
KingdomHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
I believed BTB 2018 wad would release in trsearch.org, but what happened to this site? No new objects?
Apparently trsearch.org only serves as an archive for now as stated on the very top of the homepage.
KingdomHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-18, 06:17   #12
Zreen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
I believed BTB 2018 wad would release in trsearch.org, but what happened to this site? No new objects?
I was under the impression that trsearch was in the middle of an administrative reorganizing or something like that and that things need to settle before they allow new uploads. That's why I uploaded some of my own recent assets to this site's resources subforum for the time being. EDIT: Ah, beat me to the punch. Well there you go. It'll either stay an archive or it will be continue upload of items. Until then, we should look to alternatives to host new items.

It would be nice for builders to have access to all-in-one btb packages throughout the ages.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 19:05   #13
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

I would like to really thank the BtB2018 design team here, who designed this wonderful space set package,especially with all that detail in the space furniture

I have been making my way through each of the competing games on TRLE this year, with no idea who each builder is, but they are all very well made, and no idea who is going to take first place.

Anyway, I have made use of the btb2018 package in my latest video, and it really finished off the 'ancient alien' feel I wanted in the story. I even tried to get as many bunk beds I could into one TR room without the level crashing, and it took a lot more beds than I expected

Here is my mysterious story of the 'Hall of records' supposedly located within the Sphinx, and I have credited the btb2018 team at the end of video for the wonderful static meshes....

The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-18, 23:01   #14
moodydog

It would be great to have a full collection of all the B2B sets... perhaps a website dedicated to them. Heck, I would even make the site!
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 17:49   #15
Jesus C.Croft

Good news ! We came out with a decision about where BtB packages should be stored and we値l finally make this happen on trle.net. The reason is simple: the BtB competitions are celebrated and hosted on this site, so it痴 reasonable that it痴 the place to store the packages as well. You値l be able to download them easily just like a regular level.

We won稚 remove the packages from the places where they were originally published. So the ones released on trforge, trsearch and laraslevelbase will stay there too.

We値l try to gather as much packages as possible. It might take a while until we have this ready, so allow us some time for it.

Plans for the release date of the full BtB2018 Space package are set. It値l be published right where we decided first before this thread was initiated. It means it値l be released somewhere else first and later in the special page on trle.net.
Jesus C.Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 18:31   #16
A_De

Just curious: what is the actual difference between packages which are made for participants and those packages which are made as public release?
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-18, 02:34   #17
AdrielRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus C.Croft View Post
Good news ! We came out with a decision about where BtB packages should be stored and we値l finally make this happen on trle.net.
I think this a worderful idea! I like very much Titak's idea to host them here too, its better to have more options than to be confused or looking for them. It would be great to have them all in a place!

Yeah i have always wondered this too A_De, is there any difference from the released to the public package and the package for the builders in the competition? (its seems that you make some new preparations in the pack for this release and i was always curious what these are).

Last edited by AdrielRaider; 27-07-18 at 02:36.
AdrielRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-18, 10:09   #18
Titak

I don't mind hosting them here as well, if that's okay.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-18, 10:37   #19
Gerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Just curious: what is the actual difference between packages which are made for participants and those packages which are made as public release?
As far as I know (and see) the difference is that when the building starts there will be a quite a few revised versions before betatesting begins. Even then things might be updated or changed.
A lot of bugs are weeded out that way as well as some things might change as they won't work properly. Even objects are worked on.
Also there are more readme files to explain what to do with the revised version and so.
So making a good working package is just a bit more than slamming it together in one file. It also needs to be tested of that final package works.
Gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-18, 18:01   #20
Jesus C.Croft

Time for some news ! The BtB special page, where you can download all the packages (except for the Space one, which is coming soon) is online and ready for you.

Just go to trle.net and right to the right of the screen, under the 'level builders' section, click on the 'BtB Builder Packages' link and it'll take you to the download page. Or click here: http://www.trle.net/BtBpackages/btb_index.html and download the package of your choice !

I hope you have some fun with these amazing packs full of impressive stuff !
Jesus C.Croft is offline   Reply With Quote