Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-11-15, 02:56   #41
SKing

Awesome work! However, I remember projects like this in the past which stopped because CD/SE didn't allow to recreate a Tomb Raider game outside of the TRLE
SKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-15, 04:33   #42
Epic Fumble

Looks Amazing

Keep up the good work
Epic Fumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-15, 11:37   #43
Alex Fly
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKing View Post
Awesome work! However, I remember projects like this in the past which stopped because CD/SE didn't allow to recreate a Tomb Raider game outside of the TRLE
I was wondering about it too. If the finished version of the project is available to download without requiring at least the original game to work then he might be in trouble with them.
I don't know about their TRLE only policy but I heard about it previously. Hopefully they'd still allow other tools to be used as long as it's not a full free release of a new version of the game.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-15, 15:34   #44
ESCachuli

Well, you can always Play Movies.

I couldn't think anything better xDDD
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-15, 22:45   #45
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I was wondering about it too. If the finished version of the project is available to download without requiring at least the original game to work then he might be in trouble with them.
I don't know about their TRLE only policy but I heard about it previously. Hopefully they'd still allow other tools to be used as long as it's not a full free release of a new version of the game.

it can be done as fan game and available for free, there are too many projects about other games or movies... I don't think this is a problem.

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 11-11-15 at 22:46.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 00:00   #46
SKing

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
it can be done as fan game and available for free, there are too many projects about other games or movies... I don't think this is a problem.
The big problem here is he extracted the models and is creating a game with them, I don't think SE would allow something like that. I remeber Tomb Raider Memories had permission by SE, but that game used a original Lara Croft model.
SKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 03:09   #47
Jorje Croft

Quote:
The big problem here is he extracted the models and is creating a game with them, I don't think SE would allow something like that. I remeber Tomb Raider Memories had permission by SE, but that game used a original Lara Croft model.
I'm not sure AOD model is same, it much more detailed and updated. Memories used copy of TRA model it looks weird at all. and its epic how SE owns ever AOD model. when they did nothing about it.NOTHING
he can remove hair-slide no her head. it always bothered me. 2 hair-slide on ONE BRAID. like TRA model has. and it will not be copy of original.but I don't think its copy. she's different. many LE games used AOD outfit.

FreakRaider
don't be scared with that. finish the project and share it with me. I will never give it to anybody. nobody will know about this.

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 12-11-15 at 03:14.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 17:00   #48
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
I feel like that'd be near impossible to incorporate a lot of the original concepts from the documents, they either didn't finish (or even start) the environments/dialogue etc.
True, maybe the unused and recorded lines?
(or even if he can do it, then some pedestrian in the streets...)
We'll see, when it's finished.

Quote:
Well, until it's a fanmade project, made with a free program, (or accesible for the public for money) I guess for free, there shouldn't be any problem.

Maybe if someone ask Meagan, or someone who works with CD or SE ...the can say something.
And anyway...I doubt it they care with a fanmade project, in the middle of the Rise of the TR.(Or even AoD was released in 2003...it was the worst selling title in the franchise...so, I guess he can do his work...)

@ FreakRaider
It's awesome, what you do for the TR community!
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 18:23   #49
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
True, maybe the unused and recorded lines?
(or even if he can do it, then some pedestrian in the streets...)
We'll see, when it's finished.

Well, until it's a fanmade project, made with a free program, (or accesible for the public for money) I guess for free, there shouldn't be any problem.

Maybe if someone ask Meagan, or someone who works with CD or SE ...the can say something.
And anyway...I doubt it they care with a fanmade project, in the middle of the Rise of the TR.(Or even AoD was released in 2003...it was the worst selling title in the franchise...so, I guess he can do his work...)

@ FreakRaider
It's awesome, what you do for the TR community!
Ask them and you are sending this project to the grave to be honest. The longer people stay silent, the higher the chances this doesn't get a C&D order.

Quote:
It mostly used an original model. It still had the TRU face, arms and hands. So that's why not SE allowed it tbh. I think it was just because TRM focused on classic tomb raiding and SE considered it "outdated" and since the reboot was being hyped as hell, they did not consider it a threat.

It might be different to a free and better version of a game they own though, let's not forget that. It might be AOD, but SE is not a all forgiving when it comes to their babies.

Last edited by VictorXD; 12-11-15 at 18:28.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 18:59   #50
Joey79100

Unfortunately, not that long ago, a TR2 remake project in UDK got shut down because of legal reasons. But it was a bit before the mobile versions of the first games, so maybe that was the only reason... so maybe there's hope? Especially because, indeed, it's one of the games with the worst sales in the series. I hope.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote