www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 22-05-20, 17:39   #11
JocLo
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Practical one: Who else are you working with behind the camera on Tomb Raider 2, are you re-teaming with Laurie Rose?
Yeah, I think they will answer technical question only..
Old 22-05-20, 19:38   #12
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Well confirming these details would actually SAY A LOT about what direction they'd take the project.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 01:23   #13
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I think it's still better to have people keep posting all the questions they have. That won't be an issue at least from my part.

What I can perhaps do is to analyse all the questions asked and see which ones keep repeating and have them grouped as "general community questions", leaving the remaining questions attached to each specific user. That way the organizers at least might have a clear group of questions they might want to focus on. Before sending the email I will share the "general" questions in this thread for people to see.

But if you have questions, keep posting any you have and don't worry about the final number. Organising large amounts of data is already part of my job, it won't be anything new to me.
That’s great but that’s not the point I was making.

If someone posts 10+ questions themselves, then the odds are they’ve most likely asked a question someone else also wanted to ask.

Therefore the other person feels no need to comment their question.

I know because this is exactly what’s happened to me.

If it’s one question per-person, then everyone gets to contribute instead of just 4 people.
Old 23-05-20, 02:50   #14
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

I understood. I just think that we all gain if people, at least in this thread, keep repeating the same question, because it help to highlight what the fans in general actually want to ask. And organising those questions is something I will gladly do. Sora, by all means, ask what you want, even if it has already been asked. If its something that others have already asked in this thread, it just shows it is an actual important question to the fandom.

I say this to you, and to everyone else who might has not yet left a question: feel free to repeat questions! It helps with asking the questions we as a group want to see answered.
Old 24-05-20, 14:23   #15
Rai

Other than Ana, will we be seeing any returning characters?
Will any of the game characters make an appearance?
Will supernatural elements have more importance in the sequel compared to the first film?
The first film used practical sets, stunts and locations etc over CGI wherever possible. Will this film have a similar approach?

I doubt these are the sort of questions that will get picked let alone answered this early, but I'm not familiar enough with the technical side of things to know what to ask in that regard.
Old 24-05-20, 21:31   #16
Trenton
Tomb Raider

These likely won't be getting any answers, but are the only ones I could think of right now :

- The previous film deviated from all other Tomb Raider films and games by not featuring supernatural elements. Is this new and more grounded, realistic approach something that will be carried on going forward?

- Will this new film be an adoptation of one of the games (similar to the previous film) or is it an original story?

Old 26-05-20, 02:54   #17
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

It will be broadcast live on YT too.

Old 26-05-20, 18:04   #18
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Hi everyone:

I gathered the questions posted here and I got some general questions, which I summarised as such:
  • Have you played Tomb Raider before? Do you have a favourite game in the franchise?
  • Are iconic elements from Tomb Raider (dual pistols, Croft manor, Winston/the butler) appearing in the movie?
  • Are supernatural elements returning?
  • Is the movie going to be an adaptation of the games (specifically Rise of the Tomb Raider and/or Shadow of the Tomb Raider) or be an entirely new story?

I will also add all other individual questions that don't necessarily fit in those general questions. I am sharing a document to see if you agree with the questions I chose. If you think that I deleted one of your questions that doesn't belong to those general questions, please PM me so I can add them back.

I will be sending the email tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 26-05-20 at 18:46. Reason: Edited link: please tell me if you can load the document
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 18:22   #19
Rai

The document isn't loading.
Old 26-05-20, 18:43   #20
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
The document isn't loading.
Strange, it loads to me, even after I logged out from my google accounts... :/

I'll try to see what I can do, but is anyone else having the same problem?