Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 23-05-20, 09:05   #16871
Zreen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I never liked Desmond's storyline. I play AC for the historical setting, not some random dullard and his silly sci-fi story. You never got to explore Florence or Rome as Desmond, only Monteriggioni for a short moment; a novelty that doesn't justify the boring present day plotline.
I always found the separation of time connected by Desmond's adventure through the Animus an interesting opportunity that wasn't fully established or utilized well enough. Helped ground the series in a way. Desmond himself wasn't spectacular (having a chosen-one destiny isn't enough to make someone interesting).

As they are, I agree the modern-day stuff wasn't as good as it could've been.

Quote:
I think I can rank my favourite to least favourite AC games, after some thought. Can't remember when I last did this.
You probably last ranked them when the majority of us finished Odyssey and a poll was asked

As for mine (as far as I've played):

1. Origins/II
2. Black Flag/Brotherhood
3. Rogue/Odyssey
4. III/Liberation
5. Revelations/Assassin's Creed I
6. Unity/Syndicate*

*the main story and setting of these didn't really interest me. It was the jumping through different times that I enjoyed the most and wanted more of (apparently a behind the scenes originally had Unity as the main concept of the game but was deemed too ambitious and restricted to the glitch missions).
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 09:43   #16872
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
I never liked Desmond's storyline. I play AC for the historical setting, not some random dullard and his silly sci-fi story. You never got to explore Florence or Rome as Desmond, only Monteriggioni for a short moment; a novelty that doesn't justify the boring present day plotline.

I think I can rank my favourite to least favourite AC games, after some thought. Can't remember when I last did this.

Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 1
Revelations
Brotherhood
Odyssey
Origins
Syndicate
Unity
(Liberation)
Black Flag/Rogue
Assassin's Creed 3
This order comes quite close to my rating. I'dI'd probably swap Odyssey and Origins, but the rest seems good to me
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 16:41   #16873
lcroft_lc

I think those who enjoyed Vikings tv show will enjoy Valhalla more! I can't wait for the game to come, hope we survive the pandemic!
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 13:34   #16874
Valentino

Someone do me a favour, if you've got it, look at the cover art of Syndicate.....the 2nd man on the left (scraggly hair and bear)...... that's Pierre Ballec from Unity right? Looks way too much like him. Maybe he was a rendered character model asset for some Unity promo material that never got used? Or just a very very similar likeness.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-20, 17:47   #16875
_Seth

I would actually love to see an AC1 remake, with a very scaled down Origins/Odyssey RPG formula.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 18:56   #16876
KIKO

I've been playing AC: Syndicate for the first time and I gotta say I'm enjoying this game a lot I wasn't so overwhelmed with side-quests as I was with Unity, even though there are a lot of them. I also like how they made it easier to dodge enemy gunfire, especially when trying to run away. God knows how many one-hit kills I suffered through Unity. As for the grappling hook, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I'm strangely addicted to it, I hope I don't miss it too much when I get to play Origins.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 20:08   #16877
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
I would actually love to see an AC1 remake, with a very scaled down Origins/Odyssey RPG formula.
Would buy so fast. Ubisoft need to get on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
As for the grappling hook, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I'm strangely addicted to it, I hope I don't miss it too much when I get to play Origins.
I'm addicted to it as well! I just love going across the rooftops with it. Sometimes I've just done that aimlessly for long periods of time and thought "****, I've actually done nothing in the time I've been playing this" haha
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 20:54   #16878
jajay119

The grapple is good due to the architecture. The whole point of the climbing was to make a quick escape but the architecture in the older games was lower to the ground. The grappling hook keeps the same premise in the much more modern evironments Syndicate provides - I actually think it would have been useful in AC3 with how far apart the buildings were. Origins returns to a more ancient style of architecture so the grapple isn't needed as much and I didn't miss it.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 23:43   #16879
KIKO

I just finished Sequence 8. I was heading to a theatre to find one of Crawford's henchmen when I suddenly recognized I was in Leicester Square even though it looks different today. I was like "I've been here before" lol

I don't know how faithful some of the building recreations are but Buckingham Palace looks the same to me apart from things that were added with time. Of course I've never been inside so I couldn't say the same about the interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The grapple is good due to the architecture. The whole point of the climbing was to make a quick escape but the architecture in the older games was lower to the ground. The grappling hook keeps the same premise in the much more modern evironments Syndicate provides - I actually think it would have been useful in AC3 with how far apart the buildings were. Origins returns to a more ancient style of architecture so the grapple isn't needed as much and I didn't miss it.
AC3 had a lot of trees in betwen buildings so the distance between them didn't bother me that much. I think the grapple takes away the sense of achievement when climbing tall buildings. I'm sure the view from Big Ben would've felt more rewarding had I climbed it without the aid of the grapple. However, some other buildings I do not care for, make me glad I actually have the grapple

Last edited by KIKO; 04-06-20 at 23:55.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 08:50   #16880
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I just finished Sequence 8. I was heading to a theatre to find one of Crawford's henchmen when I suddenly recognized I was in Leicester Square even though it looks different today. I was like "I've been here before" lol

I don't know how faithful some of the building recreations are but Buckingham Palace looks the same to me apart from things that were added with time. Of course I've never been inside so I couldn't say the same about the interior

AC3 had a lot of trees in betwen buildings so the distance between them didn't bother me that much. I think the grapple takes away the sense of achievement when climbing tall buildings. I'm sure the view from Big Ben would've felt more rewarding had I climbed it without the aid of the grapple. However, some other buildings I do not care for, make me glad I actually have the grapple
You literally push forward and hold a button to climb up anything in Assassin's Creed. I don't think I've found any sense of accomplishment since the tombs in the earlier games. I guess, I can kinda understand, but I still think it's a rather false sense of achievement.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote