www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-06-17, 14:32   #6221
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider
 
Tombraider95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,058
Default

Is this new/official??

https://twitter.com/RaidersZone_TR/s...37806768603136
__________________
What was it you said? Disrespect is the route to carelessness?
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-17, 14:42   #6222
Zebra
Legend
 
Zebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 26,304
Default

Looks like fan art to me.
__________________
Wozu zuhören, wenn man reden kann?
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-17, 15:15   #6223
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider
 
ajrich17901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Fanmade, main menu wasn't finished by cancellation.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-17, 16:54   #6224
Caesum
Tomb Raider
 
Caesum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Poland, Warsaw Gender: Male
Posts: 11,753
Default

According to leaked TRAE materials Croft Manor would have worked as a menu, so this one is definitely fake.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-17, 17:05   #6225
doppeL
Explorer
 
doppeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: zaragoza, spain
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
No, It was made by me http://fav.me/dbdzsdz
In Raiders Zone we are making some articles about TRAE In spanish and i'm doing some renders inspired by TRAE as a visual support

I hope everything is clear now
doppeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-17, 17:18   #6226
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider
 
Tombraider95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,058
Default

Aw awesome! I just saw it on Twitter and saw the link to the article and thought maybe it was something else that was revealed
__________________
What was it you said? Disrespect is the route to carelessness?
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-17, 05:57   #6227
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Square will never give permission for TRAE to be released. Big companies don't vocally do that with leftovers because it might hurt the brand.

What we can hope for is that Square doesn't care about the game or its assets, so if the ex-core members leak it, Square just ignores it.
This could work. TRAE could be finished by fans in a similar way to how the original Star Wars: Battlefront III gets finished by Battlefront fans. When BF III got cancelled, the project files were given to the fans who attempted to finish the game. When they got trouble from Lucasfilms, Disney and EA, these fans changed the assets so that the game didn't have any resemblance with a Star Wars game and the name has been changed to Galaxy in Turmoil: http://store.steampowered.com/app/48...xy_in_Turmoil/

Here's an article about it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...from-Lucasfilm

The former Core employees could give their TRAE assets to the TR community and the fans could finish the game, maybe in a more modern engine like UE4, Unity or CryEngine. And seeing how fair Square Enix treats other fan projects like the UE4 TR II remake, maybe they would be okay with a fan version of TRAE. And if not, we could change the assets so that it wouldn't look like a TR game and instead create an original action adventure, maybe with some of Core's earlier concepts (I really want to see a more anarchic and mean version of Core Lara like the first version Toby Gard had in mind ).
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!

Last edited by Wooxman; 27-06-17 at 05:59.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-17, 06:29   #6228
ggctuk
Relic Hunter
 
ggctuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England, the NSUK
Posts: 9,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
This could work. TRAE could be finished by fans in a similar way to how the original Star Wars: Battlefront III gets finished by Battlefront fans. When BF III got cancelled, the project files were given to the fans who attempted to finish the game. When they got trouble from Lucasfilms, Disney and EA, these fans changed the assets so that the game didn't have any resemblance with a Star Wars game and the name has been changed to Galaxy in Turmoil: http://store.steampowered.com/app/48...xy_in_Turmoil/

Here's an article about it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...from-Lucasfilm

The former Core employees could give their TRAE assets to the TR community and the fans could finish the game, maybe in a more modern engine like UE4, Unity or CryEngine. And seeing how fair Square Enix treats other fan projects like the UE4 TR II remake, maybe they would be okay with a fan version of TRAE. And if not, we could change the assets so that it wouldn't look like a TR game and instead create an original action adventure, maybe with some of Core's earlier concepts (I really want to see a more anarchic and mean version of Core Lara like the first version Toby Gard had in mind ).
The reason they got in trouble for it was because they decided to recreate everything from scratch.

There is another team using those same assets to rebuild the game in the older SWBF2 engine and they have gone unmolested because it's a mod made with official mod tools and not a from-scratch build.
__________________
Don't buy rifles from T-Rexes - they're small arms dealers!
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-17, 07:32   #6229
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
The reason they got in trouble for it was because they decided to recreate everything from scratch.

There is another team using those same assets to rebuild the game in the older SWBF2 engine and they have gone unmolested because it's a mod made with official mod tools and not a from-scratch build.
I didn't know about the BF II mod, but I don't think that it will be possible to recreate such things as the ground to space battles in the old engine. Even without the Star Wars look I'll play Galaxy in Turmoil since I loved the gameplay or the original BF II. And I guess that there are people who are okay with just being able to play a game made with certain assets from a cancelled game, even if it's made in an old engine, but I'd rather play the cancelled game regardless of the used assets. A lot of famous games started development as sequels to other games and then got a different theme so that they're only spiritual sequels. And I want to play the TRAE for the level design and gameplay ideas and not because it just has classic Lara in it. A few days ago I started playing Project Eden which was made by the team at Core that made TR I and II. And despite the futuristic setting and the ability (and necessity) to play with four different characters at the same time the game has a far more tomb raider-y feeling than the whole LAU trilogy.
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-17, 08:20   #6230
ggctuk
Relic Hunter
 
ggctuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England, the NSUK
Posts: 9,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
I didn't know about the BF II mod, but I don't think that it will be possible to recreate such things as the ground to space battles in the old engine.


They found out how to achieve near-seamless ground-to-space in Battlefront 2 a couple of years ago, before Battlefront III even leaked. Heck, this method even works in the first game (I've tried it out myself).
__________________
Don't buy rifles from T-Rexes - they're small arms dealers!

Last edited by ggctuk; 27-06-17 at 08:22.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 00:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.