Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-04-19, 19:55   #11
LuigiEspadachin

And I feel that went fairly well. Thanks to anyone who attended this first proper stream of Angel of Darkness. Below is the slightly edited down VOD of the first stream. (Yes, there is a few minutes of gameplay where the framerate slows down at the beginning, but it does get sorted out and I've left at least part of that first section in for comic effect)

We're hoping to do another one next Sunday, 27th April at the same time (14:00)
LuigiEspadachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-19, 20:31   #12
sasho648

Cool

I see you've chosen the 360 controls - currently however they lack free rotations. Free rotations allow lara to rotate in previously locked out positions (for example in the transition between lara running and standing still) - for this you can add config file into your root game directory.

Currently it'll auto spawn you into the Boaz level but you can change it to any other level by right clicking on the file - edit and specifying a level name inside the Level= field (you can get level names from the data/maps folder)or you can set ShowTitle=1 if you wish to view the title screen instead.

Additionally by changing the level to invent you can go pick up the dualies (use above link for the config file though - the one in this thread doesn't contain the free rotations).

Any feedback to the current controls is appreciated - additionally you can change the free rotations yourself by tinkering with the CONFIG.INI.

Thanks for using my patch and keep up the streams.

Last edited by sasho648; 28-04-19 at 20:34.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-19, 20:40   #13
Samz

I did a kinda in-depth guide on the dual pistols if you're willing to jump through a few hoops for them as it's sadly not as simple as picking up some easily visible pistols in invent then carrying them for the rest of the game as you'll need to use Debug mode.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222357

You technically don't have to restart the game to get the duals but it requires more tinkering around and might force you to level skip at the end of a level as most level-triggers that are one-way at the end of levels stop working after you beat them once.

Last edited by Samz; 28-04-19 at 20:47.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-19, 21:10   #14
LuigiEspadachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648
I see you've chosen the 360 controls - currently however they lack free rotations. Free rotations allow lara to rotate in previously locked out positions (for example in the transition between lara running and standing still) - for this you can add config file into your root game directory.

Currently it'll auto spawn you into the Boaz level but you can change it to any other level by right clicking on the file - edit and specifying a level name inside the Level= field (you can get level names from the data/maps folder)or you can set ShowTitle=1 if you wish to view the title screen instead.

Additionally by changing the level to invent you can go pick up the dualies (use above link for the config file though - the one in this thread doesn't contain the free rotations).

Any feedback to the current controls is appreciated - additionally you can change the free rotations yourself by tinkering with the CONFIG.INI.

Thanks for using my patch and keep up the streams.
You're welcome. It took some time to get used to but I'm adapting to it slowly. Thanks for the recommendation. And I realise I credited you completely wrong with your TRF name, sasho648. So apologies for that. Brain completely went blank. I got the Twitch name right though, that's good at least. I'll make an acknowledgement of it next stream.

If I were to ask though because I couldn't obviously find the function on the 360 controls - Is there a button in there somewhere for the Load/Save/Quit menu? I found the one for items but couldn't figure out where the pause menu was and just used the Esc key for that. As for the rotations, I'm good on that front thank you. I'm happy with the way they are atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz
Dual Pistols guide
Thank you for the suggestion. But I'm okay without the duals. I know that's closer to what Core intended but I'd rather just at least play through it normally for now.

But yes, we had another stream today from St Aicard's Graveyard to the Louvre Storm Drains. It will be on YouTube and TRF in a few days, just need to make a couple of edits to make it TRF-friendly.

Not entirely sure when the next stream will be, but I'll post it here when I decide.
Old 28-04-19, 22:16   #15
sasho648

Open Registry editor - navigate to
Quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Core Design\TombRaiderAngelOfDarkness\1.0\Input

Then find the key with name XBOX 360 in it (or the name of your controller), then navigate to the sub-key Game. Then on key TYPE_00002308 right click Modify and set value of 5.

This will replace the right joystick button to enter the pause menu instead of debug roll.

If you don't see the Game sub-key you would need to enter the game - remap some of the keys (on the controller) and then enter the save-game menu (no need to save) then exit the game from both quit game options. This should hopefully create it (note that remapping the weapon cycle keys won't work for some reason - you need to remap some of the already mapped keys).

Last edited by sasho648; 28-04-19 at 22:35.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 17:00   #16
LuigiEspadachin

Part 2's YouTube VOD is here! (St Aicard's Graveyard to Louvre Storm Drains) -

Next stream will be Sunday May 19th. Not next week as I want to use that Sunday to go watch Detective Pikachu.

Last edited by LuigiEspadachin; 06-05-19 at 18:54.
Old 05-05-19, 19:57   #17
Woops

Good luck! Enjoying your playthrough so far
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 20:49   #18
LuigiEspadachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Good luck! Enjoying your playthrough so far
Thanks. That's appreciated ^^ Any feedback is welcome.

Speaking of feedback, had to reupload Part 2 just to correct a minor issue.

I'm putting together a rough schedule for my streams, not finalized yet but this is roughly what I want to do when:

Sunday 19th May (Hopefully want to finish Paris in this stream or at least get most of it done, or if not during the next one)
Sunday 2nd June (Finishing off the remainder of Paris, starting Prague)
Sunday 9th June (Hopefully the game should be finished by then, if not, we'll have an extra stream for it)
Old 19-05-19, 10:52   #19
LuigiEspadachin

Stream happening today, at 6:00pm GMT

We'll try and get through as much of Paris as we can but I'm not holding my breath. We'll see how it goes. See you in 6 hours 9 minutes if you can make it.

www.twitch.tv/nevbyte
Old 19-05-19, 20:27   #20
LuigiEspadachin

Quick question for those keeping up with the VODs - This latest run turned out to be 2 hours 49 minutes long (Louvre Storm Drains to The Tomb of Ancients). Certain elements will need to be trimmed down anyway but I still think it will run quite a bit longer than normal. Would people prefer two separate videos or one per stream like normal?

In the meantime, enjoy these little highlights:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettyInvent...antFeelsBadMan

https://t.co/0zYSO87vj2