Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-01-22, 00:20   #2101
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy N. Cognito View Post
Nobody:

TRExpertGamer when someone says E3:
you are so funny!!! But however I don't really seem to care about the E3 version of AOD. Now speaking about AOD. I think Lara basically dies with terror from the brother obscura. And now I learned if you play this game on the PS2 system without a memory card inserted, it's gonna crash like the game will freeze.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 29-01-22 at 02:48.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 12:14   #2102
Salvatore_crof

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
AOD is a very old game so any laptop with a dedicated graphics card released in the last 8 years or so should be able to play it smoothly at the highest settings. If you want to play newer games as well I would recommend buying something newer and more powerful of course.
Thank you! I managed to run AoD on my Mac (M1) through Parallels. The game works fine, but Lara's face is missing! Any suggestions to fix it?

Salvatore_crof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 14:06   #2103
HarleyCroft

Between the Shrek and the missing face this thread is full of fun surprises lately
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 17:35   #2104
larafan25

so she has an ego rebirth with Legend and her hair isn't on fire anymore? idk how to put it into a thesis...
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 21:44   #2105
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
so she has an ego rebirth with Legend and her hair isn't on fire anymore? idk how to put it into a thesis...
It doesn't need to be broken down. CD just watched the Jolie films and created their own hollow rip off of that with Prince of Persia gameplay, so there's really no relation to AoD.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 02:22   #2106
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
It doesn't need to be broken down. CD just watched the Jolie films and created their own hollow rip off of that with Prince of Persia gameplay, so there's really no relation to AoD.
Well said and aptly summed up.

I personally don't buy into this whole 'theory' (more like bull crap) some fans jumped on during AOD celebration month when Crystal said they originally were working on continuing AOD before they brought back Toby Gard. That's BS to me - just because they updated the AOD character model a bit does not mean they were actually trying to figure out how to continue AOD.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 09:54   #2107
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Well said and aptly summed up.

I personally don't buy into this whole 'theory' (more like bull crap) some fans jumped on during AOD celebration month when Crystal said they originally were working on continuing AOD before they brought back Toby Gard. That's BS to me - just because they updated the AOD character model a bit does not mean they were actually trying to figure out how to continue AOD.
To be fair I wouldn't be surprised if very early discussions were about "ok how do we resolve the AoD storyline?" before quickly changing gears to "**** it let's just reboot lulz."
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 17:40   #2108
Delamo1999

I have tried to play this game, but I couldn't handle the movements like I can in TRlll, lV, and V. If they remade this game I'll bet it would be amazing and would be one that I would enjoy playing. I enjoyed the interaction Lara has with other characters in the game and that one woman she meets up with on the street is funny and adds to the story. I can totally see the graveyard scene really done up. I like that money is used and that Lara can negotiate. There are cool interactive scenes that have different outcomes. The swimming scenes need to be included. Maybe have some debris she has to break through along an underwater tunnel. Keep the lasers, as that is challenging, but I got through it. I've read so much good stuff about this game. Keep talking about it as it needs more attention and that remake. Thanks for listening!

Later
I just bought the game from Steam and I'm configuring my game controller!

Last edited by Delamo1999; 31-01-22 at 23:30. Reason: I look like I'm shouting. Also added last sentence.
Delamo1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-22, 01:21   #2109
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

It looks like that the proto nephilim animal has a big apatite to eat lots of people!!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-22, 17:37   #2110
Girafarig32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
I think Lara basically dies with terror from the brother obscura. And now I learned if you play this game on the PS2 system without a memory card inserted, it's gonna crash like the game will freeze.
This happened to me once many years ago. I was crawling and just as I went over one of the lava grates, the game crashed. I thought it was just a random error, maybe the game lagged out, but maybe I didn't have the memory card inserted after all.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote