Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 13-06-18, 11:40   #21
Lavender

TRAOD!! bad ass chick
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 13:39   #22
NoahCrofRaider

TR1 and TR3 Lara are my favorites.

Lara’s witty jokes and less serious side in TR3 is a core part of classic Lara as a whole to me, and it’s an aspect that I particularly enjoy because I have that same humor. Lara’s down-to-earth, happier personality in TR1 (and in Legend too, I suppose) is also a core trait of classic Lara to me that is very enjoyable and makes her more, “relatable”, we’ll call it. It doesn’t make her seem like some superior queen that thinks she’s better than everyone else.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 17:38   #23
Yeauxleaux

Now that I think about it and read over it again, could anyone else see 5/Anniversary as being a later progression of Reboot Lara?

I'd never noticed it before, maybe because I'd always looked at TRA Lara as an extension of Legend Lara with the same look and Keeley's voice, but I make that connection now. We do also see this questioning of moral codes, thirst for knowledge and purity coming to the front in the Reboot character.

This is a big thing for me, because I've always struggled to make the connection for Reboot Lara with older versions. I could totally see her growing into that character though (and maybe from there, into an even more recogniseable version of Lara).
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 17:48   #24
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Now that I think about it and read over it again, could anyone else see 5/Anniversary as being a later progression of Reboot Lara?

I'd never noticed it before, maybe because I'd always looked at TRA Lara as an extension of Legend Lara with the same look and Keeley's voice, but I make that connection now. We do also see this questioning of moral codes, thirst for knowledge and purity coming to the front in the Reboot character.

This is a big thing for me, because I've always struggled to make the connection for Reboot Lara with older versions. I could totally see her growing into that character though (and maybe from there, into an even more recogniseable version of Lara).
I see that connection too, I can totally see Reboot Lara evolving into LAU Lara or something similar after Shadow.
She's been portrayed in a more classic oriented way in Shadow, and I am loving that.

Let's see what happens.

If TR is handled back to Crystal Dynamics, all chances of this ever happening are gone.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 13-06-18 at 18:03.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 18:46   #25
Blue_light

Quote:
I keep saying to myself that Anniversary Lara works a lot better for her character origin and growth than TR2013 Lara.

It also spares us of the "becoming the Tomb Raider" silliness (what does this even mean?).
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 18:47   #26
biscuits

Quote:

It's weird seeing you being very positive about the reboot
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 19:07   #27
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
It's weird seeing you being very positive about the reboot
Is it not? I'm more shocked than anyone dahhling I promise Even more shocked that I saw some hardcore fanboys (not naming names) disagreeing and almost arguing over it yesterday instead of being the usual fake-positive hive mind.

Then again, I did say they only have to deliver on making it more TR-like and I'd shut up about it. Now I just hope the game lives up to the hype it's built for me.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 13-06-18 at 21:14.
Old 13-06-18, 21:04   #28
Lily.J

What is sad is that I can not personally idealize even for a moment the Reboot Lara becoming as calm, serene ... And especially as silent as the Anniversary Lara. About this one, the questions granted to her states, her choices, as well as her quest for identity are subtly addressed by gestures, looks (the palm of the hand) as well as significant heavy silences.

The reboot Lara would deploy her moods by speaking, shouting, questioning herself in front of a fire, or trying to transform the people she meets into psychologists. It's not really the same thing …

But that said, the environment in which Reboot Lara evolves can favored a more abundant and oral self-expression. Anniversary's Lara is very lonely on her quest and seems perhaps to have matured from a rich and stimulating past that made her abolish a little shell around her, making her more hostile to human contact.

But maybe it will echo, as you hope Yeauxleaux, to a hypothetical version of the Reboot years later, after years as rich and stimulating and having matured Lara until this carapace appears discreetly one day, without being as robust as the one of Classic Lara, but having the same color and being born with the pain and the bitter feelings that will bring Lara to be one day, maybe, like our Classic Lara.

Last edited by Lily.J; 13-06-18 at 21:41.
Lily.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 21:17   #29
Yeauxleaux

Yeah that's the thing, the silence especially in-game. I just really need Reboot Lara to shut up sometimes haha. I would also love, with her increasing confidence, for her to get to a point where she's not easily threatened or shook up by danger like classic Lara was.

The only personality trait I really do struggle seeing Reboot Lara grow into is classic Lara's light playful flirtatiousness and banter. Apparently they have attemted to bring some light-hearted moments into Shadow, which is good, but I don't know how well it's going to hit the mark with me yet.

I can't see them ever making Lara somewhat flirty again, because with the puritan culture we have now, that kind of attitude is bound to get some people criticising it as "sexualisation", which is ****ing annoying.
Old 13-06-18, 21:37   #30
Lily.J

To make of Lara a lesbian is the solution.

But when we see the reactions with The Last Of Us 2 …
Lily.J is offline   Reply With Quote