Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 19-01-20, 00:33   #1
TombPanda

Default Getting Started!

Hello everyone,

i wanted to play some TRLE's after i saw them online, i installed the Level Editor from TR Chronicles and everything works BUT i have some Problems and i'm not that goood in tech questions...

I want to play the ''Wreck of the Blue Storm'' TRLE by Quasar and i have some Problems:

1. I can't play it in Fullscreen, it will be still shown in a Window
2. If i play it that way, i can't use the Save/ Load function correctly, if i use it, the screen freezes but i can interact with it according to the sounds it makes and after i escape the safe/ load list the game runs normally

i hope you can understand it, cause English is not my native tongue
i set my TRLE up according to this thread:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=214118
TombPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 05:51   #2
BlueCake
Inactive

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about the the window border, if i'm correct, it's because it was made with an earlier TRNG version.

Last edited by BlueCake; 19-01-20 at 06:05.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 08:55   #3
Joey79100

It's true that levels made with a lower version of TRNG (or without TRNG at all) have that issue on Windows 8+, just like the classics. But this is actually fixable using this patch:
Tomb Raider series fullscreen border fix 1.01 (install it once, it applies for every TR game that has this issue - so, not TR6 as stated on this page).

Also, you don't need to follow this tutorial you posted to play levels. In the past we used to need an original copy of the level editor, because levels were provided with the minimum amount of files to reduce bandwidth usage. Nowadays we don't have that issue anymore, and 99% of the levels you download are ready to play: you only need to extract the archive and double-click the executable.

(and don't apologize for your language, most of us aren't native English speakers either)
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 11:00   #4
TombPanda

Thank you all!
It works, amazingly good with the Borderpatch, but i still have the Problem with the screenfreeze while saving / loading, everything works fine but thats anoying
Old 19-01-20, 11:59   #5
SSJ6Wolf

This sounds like the bug where pictures in the "Pix" folder are not displaying. The easy fix is to toggle between full screen and windowed mode, usually one of those modes works and the other doesn't. It sounds like you are in full screen mode now, so hold CTRL during launch to go to setup and try changing it to windowed mode, see if it makes a difference.

If you want to fix the root issue: usually for me this is caused by version 1.2.2.6 of Tomb_NextGeneration.dll, and when I replace the file with version 1.2.2.7 it works. You can find out which version the level is using by right-clicking the .dll, go to Properties, then look under Details for the version number. 1.2.2.7 can be downloaded here.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 15:31   #6
TombPanda

hmm thanks for the Link but when i click on the download button on Paolos site, the screen just blinks and the download does'nt start