Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 16-01-20, 21:05   #1101
red_lion

Question to anybody that can answer it.

https://imgur.com/qby592x

It is possible to shoot the posters, the war frame, the telephone and more in Pierre Cafe Metro.
I noticed that only one side of the room some posters can be demolished by shooting it. Same in the Willow Tree level, you can shoot the counter and the bottles behind the "China man".

Is there some code that enables it in one of the files of the gmx, like in the rmx file?
Couldn't that be enabled for all the levels? That would be cool Just for the fun..

Next question is: if you shoot and jump then you can shoot higher places. But if you kneel and shoot then you shoot at the same position as standing normal and shooting. Is this an error? And can it be enabled by a patch? It would make AoD more realistic.

Last edited by red_lion; 16-01-20 at 21:07.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 22:02   #1102
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
Question to anybody that can answer it.

https://imgur.com/qby592x

It is possible to shoot the posters, the war frame, the telephone and more in Pierre Cafe Metro.
I noticed that only one side of the room some posters can be demolished by shooting it. Same in the Willow Tree level, you can shoot the counter and the bottles behind the "China man".

Is there some code that enables it in one of the files of the gmx, like in the rmx file?
Couldn't that be enabled for all the levels? That would be cool Just for the fun..

Next question is: if you shoot and jump then you can shoot higher places. But if you kneel and shoot then you shoot at the same position as standing normal and shooting. Is this an error? And can it be enabled by a patch? It would make AoD more realistic.
I wonder if maybe it was deliberate to stop you shooting the guy in Maximum Containment blocking the exit for Kurtis.

It seems to work right if you're locked on but "blind firing" (which I think also passes through enemies in my experience) won't be adjusted.

Last edited by Samz; 16-01-20 at 22:22.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 20:00   #1103
GaminatorLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
See? You found LARAD.CHR.
I left that inside the zip archive as example. Now you can try with some new strings. Unpack a level with gmxtool and try

The exporter is almost ready:

Hey looks interesting, i have downloadet your tool but i have some trouble to use it could you give me a short guide how to export levels to fbx data?
GaminatorLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 23:48   #1104
nakamichi680

^ the level exporter is not released yet.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 17:16   #1105
FreakRaider

Does anyone else expierence this with AoD level meshes? no idea how to fix it

EDIT: fixed it literally 2 seconds after posting this lol. if anyone has the same issue, check recompute normals in your engine

Last edited by FreakRaider; 28-01-20 at 17:20.
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 22:14   #1106
GaminatorLP

do you have any progress with it?, because i and a friend working on a projekt with 3ds max an we need all levels like your von croys appartment, could you release a beta or could you send us all the levels as a fbx file
we have treid if with 3d ripper but this ist like more work when to make the levels completly new all meshed corrupted etc.

We would be verry happy if you could help us with it
GaminatorLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-20, 10:23   #1107
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaminatorLP View Post
do you have any progress with it?, because i and a friend working on a projekt with 3ds max an we need all levels like your von croys appartment, could you release a beta or could you send us all the levels as a fbx file
we have treid if with 3d ripper but this ist like more work when to make the levels completly new all meshed corrupted etc.

We would be verry happy if you could help us with it
Hi! The level exporter is still under development and I don't have a release time yet. Have patience, it will roll out eventually.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-20, 17:07   #1108
ElusiveElicit

Hi all

Was hoping somebody knows how to fix some issues I've encountered.

So I've modded the game quite a lot and things were going great at first, having much fun replaying.
Now starting the game with Texmod and TRAOD_P4.exe.

But there is some major glitching in the level 'The Sanctuary of Flame' in which the level does not load (graphic wise) normally.
I could only see blocks of white and the 'inside' of Lara, everything bugs out and there are no loaded 'blocks' whatsoever, making it impossible to play this level.
The part where you put a bomb in the drains, to get in the Louvre, bugged out like this too (after placing the bomb), seeing blocks and weird transitions when walking.
Managed to complete that level though, because it wasn't as bad as The Sanctuary of Flame.
Been experiencing this in the cutscene before the Louvre Storm Drains too (when Eckhardt talks to Gunderson), seeing the inside of the heads, like you see weird eyeballs and tongues instead of faces.

Now having another issue, after having saved and quit for a few days I now suddenly cannot start up the game anymore.
When I do, I get an error:
ASSERTION: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\system\PC\sys_d3d_vmr9.cpp(1568)

Having googled this the solution should be to change some settings.
Problem is, when I launch the game through Launcher.exe, I cannot click on the 'Settings' button. Nothing happens.

I wonder if someone knows what's going on.
Thanks in advance!
ElusiveElicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 09:16   #1109
SLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveElicit View Post
Hi all

Was hoping somebody knows how to fix some issues I've encountered.

So I've modded the game quite a lot and things were going great at first, having much fun replaying.
Now starting the game with Texmod and TRAOD_P4.exe.

But there is some major glitching in the level 'The Sanctuary of Flame' in which the level does not load (graphic wise) normally.
I could only see blocks of white and the 'inside' of Lara, everything bugs out and there are no loaded 'blocks' whatsoever, making it impossible to play this level.
The part where you put a bomb in the drains, to get in the Louvre, bugged out like this too (after placing the bomb), seeing blocks and weird transitions when walking.
Managed to complete that level though, because it wasn't as bad as The Sanctuary of Flame.
Been experiencing this in the cutscene before the Louvre Storm Drains too (when Eckhardt talks to Gunderson), seeing the inside of the heads, like you see weird eyeballs and tongues instead of faces.

Now having another issue, after having saved and quit for a few days I now suddenly cannot start up the game anymore.
When I do, I get an error:
ASSERTION: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\system\PC\sys_d3d_vmr9.cpp(1568)

Having googled this the solution should be to change some settings.
Problem is, when I launch the game through Launcher.exe, I cannot click on the 'Settings' button. Nothing happens.

I wonder if someone knows what's going on.
Thanks in advance!
With the exception of VMR, the other issues are related to the heat haze/Eckhardt glove effect patch. You may have chosen a bad combination of settings that's causing it. If you have the original exe files, put them inside the /bin/ folder, or reinstall the game.
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 15:04   #1110
ElusiveElicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
With the exception of VMR, the other issues are related to the heat haze/Eckhardt glove effect patch. You may have chosen a bad combination of settings that's causing it. If you have the original exe files, put them inside the /bin/ folder, or reinstall the game.
Thank you for your quick reply!

Yeah, when I put the heat haze effect off, it seemed to work by starting the game through TRAOD_P4_BACKUP.exe, although it was extremely laggy.
Now once again can't start the game because I can't change the settings lol. Strange.

Maybe a reinstall is indeed the better thing, while backing up saved files.
I guess simply doing that by copying and repasting 'SaveGame' in the new main folder?
ElusiveElicit is offline   Reply With Quote