www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-10-18, 19:14   #631
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

That looks absolutely amazing, irishhips!!!
Old 12-10-18, 08:56   #632
nakamichi680
Explorer

Is there any plan for new rewards and/or major price drops? Otherwise I doubt it will reach the goal, even with the final days push
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 17:57   #633
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Is there any plan for new rewards and/or major price drops? Otherwise I doubt it will reach the goal, even with the final days push
That's true besides an announcement from the official page and the official fan sites the numbers of pledges doesn't seem to move a lot this last week. We need something exciting to bring back the excitement maybe a more affordable reward.
Old 13-10-18, 14:46   #634
Potkanka
Historian

Did you see the newest update? It's the original Angel of Darkness concept art!
I wish I had the money to pledge this amount, I actually gasped out loud when I read it!
Old 13-10-18, 14:50   #635
Alex Fly
Inactive

I agree, amazing new reward there!

Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 15:15   #636
Ellioft
Professor

Ah that's way better
Old 13-10-18, 15:43   #637
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

That’s so cool! AoD concept art always dripped with creativity and mystery.
Old 13-10-18, 16:34   #638
Niveus
Professor

I originally pledged for the Rome tier a few days ago.

I would have pledged higher but personally I am not that interested in the trinkets or attending the studios, even if the trinkets are really nice.

I ended up pledging £250 for the Tomb Raider Suite. Back then, I told myself I wouldn't ever pledge more than this. I think the pledge tiers for the rewards are a lot higher than the original Tomb Raider Suite.

I know on one hand you will have people saying that's not all that much to pledge, but on top of rent, bills, car, food, all the other necessities in life, I think it's rather a lot of money.

When I saw you could get some concept art, I was really amazed! But I looked and the pledge tier is £800. I know it also includes the studio attendance and the full score on top of the Rome tier, but this is too much money in my opinion. No regular fan can afford £800. I could have a three week vacation for this.

I am unspurprised to see that there are no backers. They should have released it as an add on, not a new tier. Then more people would have gone for this.

The average pledge is already £111. For Tomb Raider Suite it was £74. This shows that fans really do want it and are investing in it. Perhaps the rewards are too pricey.

Last edited by Niveus; 13-10-18 at 16:39.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 17:47   #639
Ellioft
Professor

Yes you see what fans have pledge more are simply what concerned the audio part of the project. The goods even in limited are still here. If Peter and the whole team behind The Dark Angel Symphony really wants this project to actually work they need to start making concessions,low the prices or the goal.

Last edited by Ellioft; 13-10-18 at 17:49.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-18, 18:19   #640
Greenkey2
Tomb Raider

Hi guys. Jenni here (I know, I don't log on here often, but I need to clarify something.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niveus View Post
When I saw you could get some concept art, I was really amazed! But I looked and the pledge tier is £800. I know it also includes the studio attendance and the full score on top of the Rome tier, but this is too much money in my opinion. No regular fan can afford £800. I could have a three week vacation for this.

I am unspurprised to see that there are no backers. They should have released it as an add on, not a new tier. Then more people would have gone for this.

The average pledge is already £111. For Tomb Raider Suite it was £74. This shows that fans really do want it and are investing in it. Perhaps the rewards are too pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Yes you see what fans have pledge more are simply what concerned the audio part of the project. The goods even in limited are still here. If Peter and the whole team behind The Dark Angel Symphony really wants this project to actually work they need to start making concessions,low the prices or the goal.
We realise that this is a lot of money. Honestly, we do. But the costs of getting the music rearranged for orchestra by Dr Richard Niles, recording a studio album with 80+ musicians, having world-class soloists like Tina Guo and Julie Elven involved, producing CDs and vinyls, getting full scores printed and bound in quality books... None of this comes cheap. We are asking more than was asked for the Tomb Raider Suite, but less than what that Kickstarter actually made.

The problem with the limited-edition pledge reward items is that their quality and limited numbers prevents them from being offered at lower prices OR as add-ons. We would love to have, for example, a lower tier for the Lara statuettes - but each one is individually handmade by a single artist, not churned out by the dozen out of cheap plastic in a large factory. The pendants, too, take a lot of effort and time (I know, I'm the one who makes them.) We simply haven't got the funds or resources to create thousands of units, or get lower-quality items ordered en mass from a factory (which would also go against our main mantra of "By the fans, for the fans.")

We have costed everything out (as well as pencilling in the orchestra/manufacturing dates), and trust us, for the quality of album(s) we want to produce, this is the absolute minimum we could ask. Trust us: we really, REALLY want this made. We wouldn't have worked half as hard as we have if we didn't.

It's also important to remember that Kickstarter is not a shop: you are investing in the creation of products, not buying ones that have already been produced and whose costs/shipping/etc. have already been spread across much greater numbers of units.

I hope this helps give a clearer window behind the scenes, and explains our reasoning better