www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-11-19, 13:50   #28391
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzioMaverick View Post
There are more chances of half life 3 being released on 5th than a miracle happening in this game.
That would be fun, too.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 14:08   #28392
LateRaider
Professor

Hey, does anybody remember which DLC don't make sense to play in the post game? And what DLC do you have to play in order to unlock the pillar? I want to make a list for people in a new topic about what DLC it makes sense story wise to play after the game, when youre warped back to the point before taking on amaru. That way we can make the most out of the outfit restriction "compromise." But it's been so long since I've played any of the DLC that I can't quite remember. Anyone able to refresh my memory?

Last edited by LateRaider; 04-11-19 at 14:09.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 14:16   #28393
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Hey, does anybody remember which DLC don't make sense to play in the post game? And what DLC do you have to play in order to unlock the pillar? I want to make a list for people in a new topic about what DLC it makes sense story wise to play after the game, when youre warped back to the point before taking on amaru. But it's been so long since I've played any of the DLC that I can't quite remember. Anyone able to refresh my memory?
The only DLC that technically takes place after the game is The Path Home.

Since every other DLC chapter canonically takes place prior to the final battle, I'm not sure what you mean by making sense to play post-final battle.

As to your other question about The Pillar, IIRC, you don't have to play any other DLC to unlock it. It's available after you return from the Cenote.
Old 04-11-19, 14:18   #28394
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Hey, does anybody remember which DLC don't make sense to play in the post game? And what DLC do you have to play in order to unlock the pillar? I want to make a list for people in a new topic about what DLC it makes sense story wise to play after the game, when youre warped back to the point before taking on amaru. That way we can make the most out of the outfit restriction "compromise." But it's been so long since I've played any of the DLC that I can't quite remember. Anyone able to refresh my memory?
The Pillar and Price of Survival are definitely a no, since they have Rourke and Amaru in them, respectively. The Serpent's Heart is debatable. The rebellion is a pretty big part of the side mission for the tomb (which, technically wouldn't be happening post game) but no one important is shown. The others are all pretty safe to play post game, as long as you accept that Trinity still has some soldiers scattered around.
Old 04-11-19, 14:25   #28395
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
The only DLC that technically takes place after the game is The Path Home.

Since every other DLC chapter canonically takes place prior to the final battle, I'm not sure what you mean by making sense to play post-final battle.

As to your other question about The Pillar, IIRC, you don't have to play any other DLC to unlock it. It's available after you return from the Cenote.
Oh sorry. I phrased that weirdly.

So like i consider sottr as having a post game but not a post game plot. Just like tr 2013. Both games warp you back to before the final confrontation but let you play "post game." but if rourke and amaru are busying themselves with preparation for the ceremony, it doesnt make sense to play the dlc in which they appear at a point that seems like "before the final confrontation."

The other issue is dlc that specifically mention helping unuratu despite her being deceased. I believe that's the first one with q'orianka, which is... The pillar?? Its been so long that i forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
The Pillar and Price of Survival are definitely a no, since they have Rourke and Amaru in them, respectively. The Serpent's Heart is debatable. The rebellion is a pretty big part of the side mission for the tomb (which, technically wouldn't be happening post game) but no one important is shown. The others are all pretty safe to play post game, as long as you accept that Trinity still has some soldiers scattered around.
thank you so much. You really are a trustybow.

Now i just need to figure out at what point of the plot each gets unlocked... Hmm

Last edited by LateRaider; 04-11-19 at 14:31.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 14:38   #28396
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
thank you so much. You really are a trustybow.

Now i just need to figure out at what point of the plot each gets unlocked... Hmm
I think this is correct.

The Forge - after you reach Paititi and can explore, takes place in Kuwaq Yaku
The Pillar - after the Cenote
The Price of Survival - after the Cenote, but also after The Pillar if you have both installed.
The Serpent's Heart - after you complete the side quest to rescue Hakan
The Nightmare - after you return to Paititi post-San Juan, speak to Jonah
The Grand Caiman - after you return to Paititi post-San Juan, takes place in San Juan
The Path Home - unlocks after you return to Paititi post-San Juan, but aside from a conversation with Abby in San Juan, isn't playable until you finish the final battle. Must have completed The Forge and started or completed The Pillar.

Quote:
The other issue is dlc that specifically mention helping unuratu despite her being deceased. I believe that's the first one with q'orianka, which is... The pillar?? Its been so long that i forget
That's a matter of play order, not post-game. You're referring to The Pillar which should be played prior to the rescue attempt of Unuratu in order to prevent that kind of awkwardness.

Last edited by Ashnod; 04-11-19 at 16:06. Reason: Correction: thanks xspacedude
Old 04-11-19, 14:43   #28397
biscuits
Professor

I find it funny how those who already disliked the game are the most outraged about the cancelled DLC
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 14:44   #28398
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I find it funny how those who already disliked the game are the most outraged about the cancelled DLC
Ikr. I had to join the clowns though. Couldn't resist, it went with the avi so well
Old 04-11-19, 14:44   #28399
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Croft Manor is Croft Manor. Who cares what game it's in. It's due after more than 10 years
Old 04-11-19, 15:36   #28400
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
I think this is correct.

The Forge - after you reach Paititi and can explore, takes place in Kuwaq Yaku
The Pillar - after the Cenote
The Price of Survival - after the Cenote, but also after The Pillar if you have both installed.
The Serpent's Heart - after you complete the side quest to rescue Hakan
The Nightmare - after you return to Paititi post-San Juan, speak to Jonah
The Grand Caiman - after you return to Paititi post-San Juan, takes place in San Juan
The Path Home - unlocks after you return to Paititi post-San Juan, but aside from a conversation with Abby in San Juan, isn't playable until you finish the final battle.
The Path Home will only unlock if you complete The Forge and start The Pillar.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote