www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 26-11-18, 22:55   #51
adamtombraider
Explorer

Underworld is the best Tomb Raider game ever made still awesome to play cannot believe its been 10 years since it was released.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-18, 19:20   #52
Dynamic_Derek
Hobbyist

I can't tell you how much of a pleasure it was to see this thread. I haven't been here in a while, but for some reason this came up in a feed with some friends. I was one of the Level Designers at Buzz Monkey for TR:U and I must say that it was one of the most fun times I have had in my entire career in the industry. We had some absolutely amazing guys working on that team and it was such an honor to play a part in Lara's history.
The next time I go back to the states I'll go through my things and see if I can find some more behind-the-scenes stuff for you, but I do have one image that some may not have seen before. There is a super-early layout of the "Thor Room" on my portfolio page here - https://www.coroflot.com/derekmannin...der-Underworld. Thanks everyone!!
Dynamic_Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-18, 20:30   #53
tlr online
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic_Derek View Post
I can't tell you how much of a pleasure it was to see this thread. I haven't been here in a while, but for some reason this came up in a feed with some friends. I was one of the Level Designers at Buzz Monkey for TR:U and I must say that it was one of the most fun times I have had in my entire career in the industry. We had some absolutely amazing guys working on that team and it was such an honor to play a part in Lara's history.
The next time I go back to the states I'll go through my things and see if I can find some more behind-the-scenes stuff for you, but I do have one image that some may not have seen before. There is a super-early layout of the "Thor Room" on my portfolio page here - https://www.coroflot.com/derekmannin...der-Underworld. Thanks everyone!!
Welcome and thank you for sharing.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-18, 20:33   #54
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Hello ! What a surprise and I would love to see behind the scenes of the game !
I have some questions. Did Buzz Monkey worked with Crystal Dynamics with the Next Gen version too ? Also, I always see the PS2/Wii version as beta version of the Next Gen game - and I don't say that in a dismissive way - just because it seems some things what was cut in the NG version looked to have survive in the other versions. Croft Manor being the prime exemple, I really like the part with the waterwheel ! Or the Jan Mayen motorbike hub !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-18, 15:43   #55
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Hello and welcome!

That's cool to know. I'd love to know all the little things you could tell us about your experience!
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 08:57   #56
Pyro99
Archaeologist

Wooow, so much interesting stuff! I absolutely love the early Lara model, and I'm sad we never got our LAU Lara's little girl companion, I feel like she would have been the best Lara for something of that sort
Old 27-11-20, 10:11   #57
leoarcie
Explorer

I would love to see a video with that beta Lara.