www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 17-01-20, 18:52   #81
Mac Daddy
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I like this idea but it doesn't seem right to unlock the shooting range until after story completion. Instead it should unlock pretty early on so that player are given the chance to hone their skills before tackling the harder missions.
If they have it unlocked at the beginning before the game is unlocked then the only way I could see the challenge idea working is if the challenges only can unlock upgrades to gun stats after you progress pass certain points in the main game.

Another option would be somehow tying the manor into the story like giving you the ability to go from the main story mission to the manor, and back. They could make it a bit like the globe level select menu from TR3 and give you the ability to research on the level you're currently on, that, that research could help with puzzles and stuff in the main game.

Last edited by Mac Daddy; 17-01-20 at 18:58.
Mac Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 02:33   #82
Gemma Darkmoon
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
That would be a great idea. Upgrade to the dual pistols but as a trade-off the accuracy is halved as she isn't used to using two pistols at once.

They could have add a shooting range to the manor, which they could keep locked until the game has been finished with a cutscene of the butler bringing her the key in a post credit scene, which could unlock shooting challenges that could help increase accuracy for weapons on New Game+ mode.
I love your ideas and think that would be fantastic. Still I don't know how much of any of that can happen when we have this - 'At the end of the trilogy, the player and Lara will understand what it is like to be a Tomb Raider. Afterwards, I do not know what will happen, but forget about shorts, dinosaurs and twin pistols". - answered Daniel Bisson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
I always thought that he was referring to themselves with that part of the statement because they put Lara in bikinis during the LAU era. Lara was never in a bikini in the classic games if I remember correctly. To be fair though, Ive never really read any of those interviews since I never took it as an insult, so Im not sure about the context in which he said that.
You are right that she was only wearing the bikini in legend manor but there couldn't have dual-wielded. Looking at the context I'm pretty convinced the 'bikini' comment is meant to be an insult at the classic outfit. We know from other interviews he doesn't like Lara wearing shorts and the defence to his comment by community rep Morrigan was that it was a language mistake rather than that he meant LAU.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 11:40   #83
Mac Daddy
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma Darkmoon View Post
I love your ideas and think that would be fantastic. Still I don't know how much of any of that can happen when we have this - 'At the end of the trilogy, the player and Lara will understand what it is like to be a Tomb Raider. Afterwards, I do not know what will happen, but forget about shorts, dinosaurs and twin pistols". - answered Daniel Bisson.
That could change if they continue without including the dual guns or elements of her more iconic (not talking about physical appearance) features if the franchise's sales start declining like they have with previous reboots and the original run.

I think people will be expecting the dual guns to make a return now, now that the trilogy has finished. They could have had them make a return in Rise and have them more or less useless as Lara wouldn't have trained much since the 2013 game in using them with having them in Shadow as less useless as she trained more in using them, but they stuck with the bow as her default.

Either way at some point in the future a return of the more Classic Lara is inevitable as this new Lara will eventually start selling less to the point of another reboot would be needed to gain back the sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma Darkmoon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
I always thought that he was referring to themselves with that part of the statement because they put Lara in bikinis during the LAU era. Lara was never in a bikini in the classic games if I remember correctly. To be fair though, I‘ve never really read any of those interviews since I never took it as an insult, so I‘m not sure about the context in which he said that.
You are right that she was only wearing the bikini in legend manor but there couldn't have dual-wielded. Looking at the context I'm pretty convinced the 'bikini' comment is meant to be an insult at the classic outfit. We know from other interviews he doesn't like Lara wearing shorts and the defence to his comment by community rep Morrigan was that it was a language mistake rather than that he meant LAU.
Yeah, I think they where having a dig at the Core Era Lara as well, but at least Core never let you play as Lara in a bikini or in a dress from Gold Diggers R Us. They had renders and marketing material that played on Lara's sex appeal but never put that kind of stuff in the games.
Old 18-01-20, 11:50   #84
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
Yeah, I think they where having a dig at the Core Era Lara as well, but at least Core never let you play as Lara in a bikini or in a dress from Gold Diggers R Us. They had renders and marketing material that played on Lara's sex appeal but never put that kind of stuff in the games.
And thats what I meant. Core never put Lara in a bikini in their games, Crystal did and therefore Im sure that they were referring to themselves with that specific part of the statement.
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 13:43   #85
dg1995
Historian

BTW, why people call Core Lara as a sexy character when she wasn't a sexy character at all ?

Jill Valentine in RE 3, DOA characters , Blaze from SOR , Female characters of Mortal Kombat , Nina and Anna from Tekken and even Female characters of Street Fighter were much more sexualized than Lara ever was in Core Design era.

Lara Croft was just a female Indiana Jones(Without any love interest) that was a rock climber.

Just because some fans made nude mods for them doesn't make Core Lara a sexy character.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 13:48   #86
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
BTW, why people call Core Lara as a sexy character when she wasn't a sexy character at all ?
She was a videogame sex symbol in the 90s due to her physique. Being sexy is not bad imo.
Old 18-01-20, 13:56   #87
dg1995
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
She was a videogame sex symbol in the 90s due to her physique. Being sexy is not bad imo.
Nah. She probably became one due to some fans making nude mods for Tomb Raider.

She wasn't the best looking female character or the most physically attractive female character in video games in 1996.(in 1996 we had Sarah Bryant in Virtua Fighter 3 that was a more physically attractive character compare to blocky Lara)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-20, 14:03   #88
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist

Quote:

She wasn't the best looking female character or the most physically attractive female character in video games in 1996.(in 1996 we had Sarah Bryant in Virtua Fighter 3 that was a more physically attractive character compare to blocky Lara)
Well not really. Big breasts, tiny waist and big lips are generally considered attractive (though I'm not an expert on that).
Old 18-01-20, 14:08   #89
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:

Some of the Publisher Promo material really sexs her up.

I guess just go to an website with plenty of the old renders and take a look as you'll eventualy find some pretty sexual ones.
Old 18-01-20, 14:22   #90
Mac Daddy
Student

Quote:

Jill Valentine in RE 3, DOA characters , Blaze from SOR , Female characters of Mortal Kombat , Nina and Anna from Tekken and even Female characters of Street Fighter were much more sexualized than Lara ever was in Core Design era.

Lara Croft was just a female Indiana Jones(Without any love interest) that was a rock climber.

Just because some fans made nude mods for them doesn't make Core Lara a sexy character.
She may not have been sexy to you or a lot of people but they used her sex appeal (she had an hour glass figure as well as other features considered attractive) in marketing and renders.

Anywho, lets keep on topic and discuss if TR will be dead for 2020 and what could possibly be happening during 2020 and the 25th anniversary of Tomb Raider.

P.S: Sorry for diverting this thread from being on-topic.

Last edited by Mac Daddy; 18-01-20 at 18:57.
Mac Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote