Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 19-06-18, 03:10   #31
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
By spoiling the movie for you I hope I've saved you from watching a movie The Babadook both the creature/demon and the movie weren't very scary, plus that kid was really annoying never before have I so badly wanted to punch a kid until he shut the up
By that same logic, I could spoil S4 of Game of Thrones for you, but I won't

Last edited by robm_2007; 19-06-18 at 03:12.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 09:51   #32
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Jar Jar Binks
Or JJ Abrams as he likes to call himself these days.

I googled annoying movie characters last night to see what came up, I got some surprising and unsurprising results which are as follows:

Surprising:
Rachel Ferrier, War of the Worlds I didn't think she was that bad, her useless on screen brother was far more annoying than she was
Ruby Rhod The 5th Element one of my favourite characters from that movie next to Leeloo and Korben and a couple of others
Katniss Everdeen I was surprised to see her categorised as annoying when she's not as bad as Jar Jar Binks
Juno I was very surprised to see her make the list as I never found her to be annoying

Unsurprising:
Peeta, I've got nothing against Peeta but if I were Katniss I would have picked Gale over Peeta
Roman Pierce, he might be annoying to some but I find him funny sometimes like in Fast 5 when he tried to get a package into the police station vault
Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins and TDK I liked the Batman Begins version of Rachel over the TDK version, IMO Maggie Gyllenhall was not right for the part
Juggernaut X-Men the last stand, his only good scene when Ellen Page called him a head

End of list.

Every character Steven Seagal has played I haven't seen all his movies but all his characters appear to be identical right down to his one and only facial expression, his only good movie IMO is Executive Decision.

Agent Simmons, Transformers that enemy scrotum line in the second Transformers movie, cringe worthy is what it is.

Wesley Crusher, nuff said.

The Merovingian, Matrix Reloaded I thought he would never stop talking nothing he said made sense, his scenes could have benefitted from some significant cuts.

John Harrison/Khan, Star Trek into Darkness, I'm no fan of Cumberbatch but I think he was miscast here, he was given little to work with and came across as one dimensional and his reasons for going after Starfleet were very vague, Ricardo Montalban was better as Khan.

Uhura and Scotty JJ Abrams versions Pegg's Scotty is little more than comic relief he is the new Jar Jar Binks, Paul Mcgillion should have played Scotty at least he can do a convincing Scottish accent unlike Simon Pegg.

Uhura was just annoying having a fight with her boyfriend Spock in the middle of a mission keep that off mission and go see Jeremy Kyle.

Helis, Horizon Zero Dawn he's very much a one dimensional bad guy with no personality and his motives for what he is doing while detailed in audio logs are unclear as he rambled quite a bit in his audio logs, Hades was a better bad guy than Helis.

The Brody Bunch, Homeland that said the daughter as annoying as she could be she did get 2 good scenes one in season one and the other in season 3.

Ultimately the character was the victim of bad writing designed to make people hate her and most people forget she is a teenager and most teenage characters can be annoying.

The Simpsons, they are now nothing more than mere shadows of their former selves just put them out of their misery.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 13:55   #33
WWETombRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
Dawn on Buffy.
"Get out, get out, get ouuuuttt!"

Ugh! She nearly ruined the show for me. She wasn't as annoying in season 7, but in season 5 and 6 she was unbearable.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 22:25   #34
Catapharact

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
The main hero in Re:Zero, an otherwise great anime, but since I hate the main character I still haven't managed to watch it all the way through. He's an obnoxious entitled jerk who believes that he is destined to be the hero of his story, and thus that he's exempt from things like being appropriate, trying to understand the context of actions, being competent or thinking about anyone but himself. Ever so often, he gets over it after dying a few times, and then it gets really amazing. But the road there is always painful, and he seems to be getting more annoying, not less. I know the anime has a lot of fans, and I can see why, and maybe I'll finish it one of these days, but I will make no promises.
Watch Konosuba instead. Its a parody of the tiresome "transported to a fantasy world" trope that has been plaguing the anime world. Pretty much everyone in the show is a major dickweed so you will laugh and you will enjoy it.

Last edited by Catapharact; 21-06-18 at 00:26.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 23:51   #35
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
Phoebe on Friends.

Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-18, 13:13   #36
DragonSlayer

Skull Face, Metal Gear Solid 5 he is the worst MGS bad guy ever in my opinion, he's not in the least bit intimidating or threatening, whatever his agenda was, it wasn't clear exactly what he was trying to accomplish, at the end of one mission during a really slow 10 minute long trip in a jeep.

He spouted some nonsense about wanting to wipe the English language of the face of the planet, he would need a lot of parasites if he was going to achieve that unrealistic goal.

Lucius Lavin, Stargate Atlantis, the best way to describe Lucius is as an outer space Derek Trotter only with no charm plus he's really obnoxious and irritating, to compare him to Derek Trotter is an insult to Derek Trotter but I couldn't think of any other way to describe him.

Vaan Final Fantasy 12 Final Fantasy's answer to Justin Bieber, Balthier would have been a better main character.

AJ Soprano, The Sopranos funnily enough one of my neighbors his son looks a bit like AJ Soprano.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 08:31   #37
Admles

Sophie on Two Broke Girls.

Quite possibly the most obnoxious character ever, equal to Phoebe from Friends.
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 11:09   #38
Yeauxleaux

I'm amazed to see Phoebe is this unpopular. There's something wrong with all your left phalanges
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 11:32   #39
Admles

I really disliked her from the get-go, and tbh, I've never had a problem with Ross
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 11:32   #40
Yeauxleaux

Ngl I actually did dislike her at first too, but she grew on me later when I got used to her bat**** crazy self...

"...CHANDLEERRRRR!!!"
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote