Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 11-01-20, 14:01   #51
DragonSlayer

Hopefully they will remove both unnecessary lights from the PS5 controller, the lights are the only thing that annoys me about the PS4 controller.

Sony should have included an option to permanently turn off the controller, I don't buy the excuse that the light is there to help the player determine the health status of the character they are playing as, that's what health bars are for.

The second light for PSVR is also unnecessary IMO not everyone uses or is interested in PSVR, they should have created a separate controller for PSVR instead of installing another battery draining light that no-one wanted or asked for, hopefully they will have a separate controller for PSVR on the PS5.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 04:07   #52
Quebsenuef

I’m not ready to upgrade to a PS5.. but if they make it totally backwards compatible with 123and 4 .. I’ll preorder immediately
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 08:06   #53
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I’m not ready to upgrade to a PS5.. but if they make it totally backwards compatible with 123and 4 .. I’ll preorder immediately
I highly doubt PS3 backwards compatibility is going to be a thing for the next few generations. The PS3 had such alien HW compared to everything else, that emulating it in SW is extremely difficult. But who knows - I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-20, 09:39   #54
anniversarytr11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Hopefully they will remove both unnecessary lights from the PS5 controller, the lights are the only thing that annoys me about the PS4 controller.

Sony should have included an option to permanently turn off the controller, I don't buy the excuse that the light is there to help the player determine the health status of the character they are playing as, that's what health bars are for.

The second light for PSVR is also unnecessary IMO not everyone uses or is interested in PSVR, they should have created a separate controller for PSVR instead of installing another battery draining light that no-one wanted or asked for, hopefully they will have a separate controller for PSVR on the PS5.
If they had a seperate controller for PSVR, less people would want the hassle of buying the PSVR AND a different controller.
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-20, 22:35   #55
New Dwight
Inactive

Hopefully this one wont be prone to the PlayStation BEEP.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 23:54   #56
jajay119

I've never heard of that. What is it?
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 01:01   #57
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I've never heard of that. What is it?
here
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 09:56   #58
rewak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
I highly doubt PS3 backwards compatibility is going to be a thing for the next few generations. The PS3 had such alien HW compared to everything else, that emulating it in SW is extremely difficult. But who knows - I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.
I keep seeing this mentioned and yeah it was true at the time but there is a PS3 emulator now that runs pretty well if you have the spec with high compatibility so I'm getting less inclined to believe they can't and more inclined to believe they won't because PSNow exists.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 14:57   #59
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I keep seeing this mentioned and yeah it was true at the time but there is a PS3 emulator now that runs pretty well if you have the spec with high compatibility so I'm getting less inclined to believe they can't and more inclined to believe they won't because PSNow exists.
That’s my worry now as well. “We have PSNow.. just use that, guys!

Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-20, 09:18   #60
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Does it? Are you talking about rpcs3? Last time I checked that one was still unable to run most of the later PS3 games (like TLOU). But I agree with you - even if they could do it, they probably wouldn't want to.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote