Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 09-10-19, 14:17   #11
Krystian

Wow, this is really a solid piece of work. Especially on the animation editor, the real-time sound and anim command preview is fantastic! For most TRLE purposes the toolset provided will allow for making very HQ animations already and creating animations in some 3rd party software like 3ds Max may even become obsolete for the most part!

I just have one small request for future updates... It would be amazing if you could create a small feature that could aid the animating process. It's just a small tool that creates mirrored versions of animations for objects that have a symmetrical mesh tree structure (so, Lara, for instance). With this implemented it would be perfect!

Last edited by Krystian; 09-10-19 at 14:56.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 15:26   #12
TokyoSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
Wow, this is really a solid piece of work. Especially on the animation editor, the real-time sound and anim command preview is fantastic! For most TRLE purposes the toolset provided will allow for making very HQ animations already and creating animations in some 3rd party software like 3ds Max may even become obsolete for the most part!

I just have one small request for future updates... It would be amazing if you could create a small feature that could aid the animating process. It's just a small tool that creates mirrored versions of animations for objects that have a symmetrical mesh tree structure (so, Lara, for instance). With this implemented it would be perfect!
like vehicle/pushblock/kickdoor etc.. that require lara ?
nice idea
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 15:41   #13
Krystian

I was thinking about literally mirroring animations on the X axis so you can easily make a left-sided variant of a right-sided animation, so things like shimmy animations for example. Very small thing but VERY useful to animators

But support for multi-object animating would be another thing on a wishlist, however I imagine this may be harder to implement. It can wait

Last edited by Krystian; 09-10-19 at 15:42.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 16:00   #14
Nemo20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Yes, unfortunately, texturing/vertex remapping/normals recalculating business, as well as any other face-based or vertex-based editing is a bit complex to implement from the ground up.

For now, workaround for this is you can texture, remap vertices, apply shiny attribs and blending modes etc in strpix, save your wad and import it in WadTool.
Good Idea
I definitely test the tool. Possibly. I also like it so much that I like to accept the additional work. Thanks for the great work with TE and the tools.
I love TE. The TE is the reason why i'm build again.
Nemo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 16:19   #15
Reggie

Amazing work. Thank you to you and the rest of the team for helping sustain and advance this community. I look forward to seeing what can be achieved with this!
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 19:30   #16
Letsmakeghost

Hi all

Does anyone know why I am getting this error when trying to open a level in WAD Tool

Unknown game version 0x633455254

Thank you.
Letsmakeghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 19:40   #17
SrDanielPonces

why do you want to open a level in wadtool? is it yours?
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 19:56   #18
Joey79100

(what's funny is that it is exactly the same code as in WADMerger)

This is because you're trying to open an encrypted level. That means the author didn't want anyone opening his level, so he encrypted it.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 05:06   #19
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
(what's funny is that it is exactly the same code as in WADMerger)
That's because it is the first four bytes of the encrypted TR4 file.

0x63345254 = "TR4c" backwards

Regular TR4 file would be 0x00345254 ie "TR4null".
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 06:23   #20
Letsmakeghost

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
That's because it is the first four bytes of the encrypted TR4 file.

0x63345254 = "TR4c" backwards

Regular TR4 file would be 0x00345254 ie "TR4null".

Thank you. I am so new at this. Does one of your tools allow for these levels to be decrptyed so WADS can be extracted? I see your tools listed. Not sure which one to go with.

Thank you
Letsmakeghost is offline   Reply With Quote