Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-02-22, 14:36   #1121
Samz

According to the TR Discord , someone got stuck since they couldn't kill the bats in the non-lethal version due to missing the Louvre Vectors and never finding any MV9 Ammo.

They managed to spam medpacks to get through but I guess maybe place an MV9 clip or two next to the MV9?
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 15:04   #1122
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
According to the TR Discord , someone got stuck since they couldn't kill the bats in the non-lethal version due to missing the Louvre Vectors and never finding any MV9 Ammo.

They managed to spam medpacks to get through but I guess maybe place an MV9 clip or two next to the MV9?
What if someone misses the MV9 too then? Doesn't seem like a good solution to me and I can't add whatever I want to any location anyway.

Honestly, I was expecting people to pay some attention to what has been changed in this mod rather than just downloading and playing directly but I guess many people don't do that. I will probably move the vectors to an extremely obvious place on the main path so that they aren't missed.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 16:23   #1123
kelvinsecolo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
What if someone misses the MV9 too then? Doesn't seem like a good solution to me and I can't add whatever I want to any location anyway.

Honestly, I was expecting people to pay some attention to what has been changed in this mod rather than just downloading and playing directly but I guess many people don't do that. I will probably move the vectors to an extremely obvious place on the main path so that they aren't missed.
please make this as something optional. Personally I’m enjoying a lot the way it is. Im loving to explore the modified levels and to look for the hidden items cause it actually brings a fresh experience for a game we have been playing since 2003.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 16:39   #1124
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Honestly, I was expecting people to pay some attention to what has been changed in this mod rather than just downloading and playing directly
Frankly I think many people consciously don't do that exactly because they don't want to know. They want to find out the differences by themselves. That's what I do anyway lmao.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 16:57   #1125
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Frankly I think many people consciously don't do that exactly because they don't want to know. They want to find out the differences by themselves. That's what I do anyway lmao.
I do understand why people want to do it that way. People are wanting to be surprised and feel like they're playing this game for the first time all over again, just in a much more refined state.

However, there's some pretty drastic changes from vanilla in regards to item placements and even some level differences like the Serpent Rouge stage entrance. People also need to be aware of those things going in, especially if they've actually played the game before. Otherwise, they just end up confused or think the mod is broken when it's working as designed.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 17:42   #1126
KIKO

I remember that if you missed a weapon in TR1-5, you'd get a chance to collect it in a different level. If you already had the weapon, it would be replaced by ammo. I'm not sure if that is the case in AOD but that could be a solution? This is probably a hardcoded thing so forgive me if I'm wrong here.

Speaking of the changelog, I saw this just now:
Quote:
Improved the duration of multiple existing control locks during the
tutorial lines that were either too short or too long.
Added control locks to the newly added tutorial lines
In my opinion these control locks during tutorial lines only slow Lara down. About 90% of the people using this mod already know how to control Lara. Heck if there was a way for us to turn off the tutorial, I'm almost sure most of us would. I'd say remove these control locks like Sasho did. The game would be better off to be frank.

Quote:
Added voice recorder to the office and garage (so one on each route for Bouchard or Pierre) that, when picked up, shows transcripts of voice messages on it in the description that make it clear that the baddies in Le Serpent Rouge are not cops but that they work for the Cabal and that they are in Le Serpent Rouge to look for Bouchard. In the world the money pickup will be used and retextured. The item that will be re-purposed for this in the inventory is the ‘Mobile Phone’ item.
Oh I love this!

Last edited by KIKO; 21-02-22 at 18:13.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 18:09   #1127
LateRaider
Inactive

Okay, so if it helps, when Restoration 1.2.0 comes out, it's getting bundled into Rescued. What I'm going to do from that point is include a bunch of changes pre-baked into an EXE. I want to help streamline the process as much as possible, so both Reborn and Nakamichi's patchers are going to be used. I will be applying "no control locks" from Nakamichi's patcher into this EXE.

Just hold tight and we'll get everything out in an orderly fashion. Everybody is getting ahead of themselves before anything's even been finalized for feedback. We have a ton of ideas and proposed changes that haven't even made it into the current release. Just be patient and put a tiny bit of faith into us. I know we're not Core Design but we have a lot of love and respect for AoD.

Last edited by LateRaider; 21-02-22 at 20:16.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 19:39   #1128
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I remember that if you missed a weapon in TR1-5, you'd get a chance to collect it in a different level. If you already had the weapon, it would be replaced by ammo. I'm not sure if that is the case in AOD but that could be a solution? This is probably a hardcoded thing so forgive me if I'm wrong here.

Speaking of the changelog, I saw this just now:

In my opinion these control locks during tutorial lines only slow Lara down. About 90% of the people using this mod already know how to control Lara. Heck if there was a way for us to turn off the tutorial, I'm almost sure most of us would. I'd say remove these control locks like Sasho did. The game would be better off to be frank.

Oh I love this!
Unmodded at least, when Lara picks up a second gun its converted to ammo. (Almost every enemy in Le Serpent Rogue drops an MV9 Handgun, which is converted to MV9 Ammo if Lara already has one.)
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 20:20   #1129
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
I do understand why people want to do it that way. People are wanting to be surprised and feel like they're playing this game for the first time all over again, just in a much more refined state.

However, there's some pretty drastic changes from vanilla in regards to item placements and even some level differences like the Serpent Rouge stage entrance. People also need to be aware of those things going in, especially if they've actually played the game before. Otherwise, they just end up confused or think the mod is broken when it's working as designed.
I mean, yes, this is the ideal--but most people install the mod and barrel ahead like this is AoD with some texture fixes and the duals, or something, rather than a drastic rebalance with story corrections (Environmental / document-style storytelling included). People need to play Restoration like it's their very first playthrough of AoD, meaning looking at the notebooks, checking out levels, seeing where new things are, stuff like that.

People are missing basic things in a Tomb Raider game, which is all about seeking out items in the environment, because they're playing it like all their previous AoD playthroughs. That's not what this mod is about--that's never what it's been about, even before Jathom and I signed on. "Forget everything you knew about Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness."
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 21:19   #1130
reborninshadow

Quote:
That's understandable, although I didn't even adjust the position of the vector pickup in Louvre Galleries so this is a weird situation lol. It's already in a room that you must visit (unless you remember the code from previous playthroughs), so I'm not really sure how I can make it more obvious. I was thinking the one in Monstrum Crime Scene was the problematic one because people can easily miss it if they don't read what's been changed with this mod.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote