Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 15-03-23, 20:46   #11
jeffrey van oort

A slang for a partner could be old man or old lady.
They could, quite literally, and maybe symbolically, have made an old man.

She was always going to be younger in spirit. She'll not forget easy.

In symbolism, what adventure was he gonna do of any interest to Lara's adventures? She is like a different breed. Symbolically?
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-23, 11:20   #12
Soma Holiday

Lol I'd play a Winston game if it was him old in the manor having to keep Lara happy and clean up all the stuff she breaks haha. It would be like one of those Farmville games with timers where you gonna maintain stuff or it gets destroyed/Lara gets upset. Imagine dusting her artifacts and trimming the hedges, filling in the dirt trenches from the fourwheeler tires and feeding the fish lmao.

Sounds adorable.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-23, 13:57   #13
Shirley_Manson

I'd rather be up for Father Patrick: The Demon Slayer game. It could be like something between Alan Wake and Tomb Raider.
Give that man a gun that shoots .50 cal iron encased bullets and watch him go to work!

Last edited by Shirley_Manson; 16-03-23 at 14:00.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-23, 18:55   #14
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
I'd rather be up for Father Patrick: The Demon Slayer game. It could be like something between Alan Wake and Tomb Raider.
Give that man a gun that shoots .50 cal iron encased bullets and watch him go to work!
Honestly.. I’m interested!
Pair it with the right soundtrack this could be gold
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-23, 19:27   #15
Zebra

I feel like there are other classic Tomb Raider characters who'd lend themselves better to having their own spin-off games. Winston... not so sure. Maybe if it's a humorous game where he's already the old fart we know and love going off on some sort of ridiculous old-man adventure, dodging bullets with his tray, etc.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-23, 20:02   #16
jeffrey van oort

Quote:
You realize what kind of story Tomb Raider Chronicles told about father Patrick. In the story they set off to black isle supposedly to investigate. But in that story father Patrick is also the demon. When he shouts into the pit, supposedly the demon talked back. But they are the same person. In the story they show them as two separate characters.

Lara couldn't get to herself until she created a drawing, (something artistic), to protect herself from what he was going to do. It distracted him long enough to let her take a look in the spellbook, obviously left to her by some majestical ghost who has taken the liberty to educate you so you could create your artistic drawing. And with that knowledge you could learn his name, and make your own Tomb Raider levels. Something like that.

In the Tomb Raider Reboot they've sort of revisited the black isle. Roth is father Patrick, and Reyes, who has a child with Roth is Lara's half sister. For whom she went on that adventure with. To cast a spell with DNA, that they would all possess and T-chainz with. And to tell him what he could go do, if he'd find out.

With the reboot in mind, you'd sort of think that father Patrick is a child molester, and that Lara is the Tomb Raider child that they've sent to stop him from what ever it is he was trying. So when she reads the book, he is gone. Or something like that.
Old 22-03-23, 06:47   #17
.snake.

I don't think we need a Winston spin-off. However, an unlockable Winston skin might be fun, like Uncharted did with Doughnut-Drake (as long as they go with Winston's extremely old hunched-back look from the original games and not the realistic slenderman look from LAU - if you're gonna do it, go funny and not boring-realistic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Of all the supporting characters from Tomb Raider, I think the one I would be most interested in having a spin off would be Father Patrick, where we follow him on a supernatural investigation.
Quote:
Definitely down for this.

Plus, expand on it and create a Larson and Pierre spin-off, Kurtis spin-off, young Von Croy spin-off etc. There are so many good characters that classic TR has to offer that all could have their own action-adventure, tomb raiding, or supernatural mini-stories..

Last edited by .snake.; 22-03-23 at 06:49.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-23, 07:38   #18
robm_2007

What about a Janice spin-off I won't go any further into it because there are children around.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-23, 08:50   #19
jeffrey van oort

Angry

I think you guys forgot about the "exclusive for Xbox" deal. The Tomb Raider Underworld DLC. Which contains a spin off featuring the dopplegänger. If they follow the trend, they would release the spin offs as DLC, and then name the collection of DLC, the Tomb Raider Spin offs collection.

With spin off characters like:
Amanda (Digging up the Queen of Atlantis).
Nadia (The escape from the Gulag dungeons).
Anaya (Archeological treasure huntress).
Nishimura (A route through business).
Pierre (Hide & seek).
Jean (The mediator).
Larson (Whack a mole).
Sophia Leigh (Writing the books).

I'd buy these as DLC.
Old 22-03-23, 08:58   #20
.snake.

^ Everything Legend onwards is irrelevant though.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote