Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-10-19, 09:18   #19451
dinne

I have a problem in setting Heavy triggers for enemies...
I have a simple door, I want that an enemy walks on a tile and that the door opens.
So I've put a Heavy for the door, on the floor, simply.
But it doesn't work... The enemy is a KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR, with some customization in the script.
But the Heavy didn't work already with other enemies such as DOG and BADDY2, so I think I'm setting it wrongly... I tried also with Heavyswitch + trigger for the door, and with Action trigger on the door with a flipeffect, but nothing.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 12:33   #19452
LoreRaider

You need to use the flag NEF_EASY_HEAVY_ENABLING on Enemy= command
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 12:51   #19453
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
You need to use the flag NEF_EASY_HEAVY_ENABLING on Enemy= command
Cool! It works!!!
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 17:57   #19454
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
This is an interesting bug in the sense that I've never heard about any such thing happening before. That is probably neither help nor consolation, though.
My first suspicion is that the project is corrupted, as I can see no relation between rollingballs and earthquakes produced by any action of Lara's which would have to be triggered by an anim command.
I think we need a bit more context. Do you use TRNG? TREP? Is scripting involved? What is the provenance of the wad (standard wad or compiled from various sources?) What are the differences between the last project where the bug didn't occur and the one where it does?

@Stryke: You're welcome.
Oh right, I use TE (Tomb Editor) my WAD is compiled from various sources.
I'm not sure about the differences in the level from when this bug started and before it did. That I'll need to take a look later...
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 19:39   #19455
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
I'm almost done with my level but it is too big with box sectors now at 2048. I'm trying to split the level so the box sectors can decrease. I read the leveljump tutorial here but Lara is just going back to the original position. I understand the placement of LSP mesh and thr triggers but she doesn't jump to the other section. Would I have to make another level in scripts? The tutorial doesn't say I have too. Any help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
5. Fixed Lara start position behaviour.
As mentioned in the upcoming TE 1.2.8 version changelog, there was an issue with LARA_START_POSITION behavior. Core used yet another hack, in their level compiler this time: even though we use OCBs to identify them in our levels, in-game they're actually identified by their object ID, so the level compiler does things for that to happen... and of course this was not something they would have documented, so as a result TE devs didn't know and didn't implement that. Just wait for 1.2.8 (which should should come soon ), and your issue should be fixed.

Also, regarding boxes: there's an option in TE to reduce drastically the number of boxes: in every room that you are sure no enemy will ever go to, you can tick the "No pathfinding" option, so boxes won't be generated for these rooms. It means enemies will basically see these rooms like they're walls, so they won't be able to move in them at all, which is why you need to be sure they won't reach them.

Last edited by Joey79100; 17-10-19 at 19:42.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 20:24   #19456
Ruu11

Exclamation Strpix flipped textures when import

A question about Strpix... why everytime I export an object, modify it in Metaseq and then import it again into Strpix all the textures are now flipped??? This never happend to me before, just now and I have no idea why
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 22:11   #19457
Stryke

@Joey Thank you so much for the updated information. I was able to reduce my boxes to around 1780. So good. I'm upset I deleted a part because I thought I had to lol. But this gives me the opportunity to build something even better. Can't wait for new TE version.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 02:20   #19458
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
A question about Strpix... why everytime I export an object, modify it in Metaseq and then import it again into Strpix all the textures are now flipped??? This never happend to me before, just now and I have no idea why
Not sure what's happening. Just check that in options 3DS max mqo is not checked.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 07:51   #19459
Nemo20

Done

Last edited by Nemo20; 19-10-19 at 20:00.
Nemo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 09:51   #19460
Ruu11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Not sure what's happening. Just check that in options 3DS max mqo is not checked.
Aha! It works now that I unchecked the 3DS max option. Thank you sm
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote