Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-12-18, 19:22   #21
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Now that we got Score attack and Time attack for tombs even if they weren't mentioned in the season pass; do you think there is the possibility that more secondary modes are coming to Shadow?
I'd definitely say so. It just doesn't sound right that they would only leave us with single player and the challenge tombs. I'm hoping we get something new that could potentially blow our socks off. If not though, I'd be fine even with just Endurance mode. Preferably with even more variations than last time.

An Endurance mode int he jungle would be great but even an Endurance mode in Cenote would be amazing. Imagine if you had to survive in the Cenote with the Yaxill.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 21:25   #22
JuditePrince12

We need a mixture of 2013 online and Endurance. If anybody has Uncharted 4 online, Plunder is an amazing idea for a Tomb Raider game. I imagine a mode where two seperate teams must make there way through a tomb and cooperate to retrieve a relic. These tombs should be made by developers or fans in a seperate mode where you create them and upload them. While inside we avoid traps, help others make it past big gaps. Make grapple spots with the rope so that the others can make their way up high places like The Temple Of Osiris, and fight the opposite team to prevent them from getting there first. This would be so much more interesting than a generic online deathmatch mode and takes elements from both sides of the spectrum to make something that fits TR and will give loads of replayability.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 21:45   #23
johnanonymouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
We need a mixture of 2013 online and Endurance. If anybody has Uncharted 4 online, Plunder is an amazing idea for a Tomb Raider game. I imagine a mode where two seperate teams must make there way through a tomb and cooperate to retrieve a relic. These tombs should be made by developers or fans in a seperate mode where you create them and upload them. While inside we avoid traps, help others make it past big gaps. Make grapple spots with the rope so that the others can make their way up high places like The Temple Of Osiris, and fight the opposite team to prevent them from getting there first. This would be so much more interesting than a generic online deathmatch mode and takes elements from both sides of the spectrum to make something that fits TR and will give loads of replayability.
that sounds really amazing but i dont think they have the budget for that
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 21:52   #24
veigafd

I was thinking high over here; What if the challenge tombs act as the crypts in endurance for shadow?
I mean, you would still get some rise crypts here and there , but this time the actual ones from the campaign and the dlc would be present , so that's why they're testing this. But I doubt it'll happen. But I suppose it would be cool. And It could add a real feel of danger if you and your partner are on the 15th day and suddenly a wild forge tomb appears for you to raid and then someone makes a mistake and fall in the lava lol.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 23:19   #25
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
that sounds really amazing but i dont think they have the budget for that
Lol that would be hefty, but Uncharted 4 had less money to produce the game than Shadow and has an amazing online. I'm sure that if Tomb Raider gives Square good results like it's been doing, then they wouldn't be too apprehensive to fund the project.
Old 13-12-18, 00:06   #26
veigafd

If TR had a MP like TLOU I suppose it would make much more buzz and it would actually fit with the theme of stealth/bow and arrow. Whoever played and liked the TLOU mp knows what I'm talking about.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 00:15   #27
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
If TR had a MP like TLOU I suppose it would make much more buzz and it would actually fit with the theme of stealth/bow and arrow. Whoever played and liked the TLOU mp knows what I'm talking about.
That would be great. I absolutely DO NOT want Endurance to come back. I'm tired of games forcing some sort of open world or survival aspect into its script. A linear online is a lot more fun. Something with an objective that is rewarding and doesn't get boring fast. Endurance and many other AAA games like Red Dead are very repetative. When I imagine an online for TR I imagine something more contained.
Old 13-12-18, 06:18   #28
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
That would be great. I absolutely DO NOT want Endurance to come back. I'm tired of games forcing some sort of open world or survival aspect into its script. A linear online is a lot more fun. Something with an objective that is rewarding and doesn't get boring fast. Endurance and many other AAA games like Red Dead are very repetative. When I imagine an online for TR I imagine something more contained.
I was thinking quite the opposite! Endurance is all about exploring a huge world while riding as many tombs as possible, what's more tomb raiderish than that ?
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 08:08   #29
LaraCroftSotTR

Quote:
I was thinking quite the opposite! Endurance is all about exploring a huge world while riding as many tombs as possible, what's more tomb raiderish than that ?
I agree. I don't like pvp. I only like co-op and everything TR was so far with the exception of the pvp mode in TR2013. And endurance co-op is just (and would be again) fantastic.
It doesn't have to be co-op - but it's the one thing I would wish for again in regards to multi-player.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-18, 02:57   #30
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Endurance had a good idea of raiding tombs with friends however, the whole survivor thing just seemed like they were biting from other games. I don't want Tomb Raider to put so much time into a trend when they could easily make something that would stand out and be different.