Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 16-05-24, 21:01   #301
larafan25

Aw... thats sad. E3 was huge, gonna miss those livestream days
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-24, 22:49   #302
Gaelen

It is a shame, E3 was huge it’s sad younger generations won’t get to experience the news drop that came with it. But the last time I really was interested in anything E3 was 2012, maybe 2013 with the consoles coming out. I personally won’t miss it if anything after is to go by and I seem to recall it was 2013 Sony really proved E3 wasn’t necessary with their announcement stream of the PS4.

Off topic - has anyone here played Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future? That is one of my favourite games, which I played for the first time alongside AoD
Gaelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-24, 23:20   #303
deadmando9

@ Gaelen: Since this is a general video game chat thread, you aren't off topic. I've seen you tube videos of Ecco: defender of the future, but I've never played the game. I have however played Ecco "The Dolphin" and Ecco: "The tides of time" on the Sega CD console. I've completed both games.

Last edited by deadmando9; 18-05-24 at 23:23.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:18   #304
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
Its unfortunately just do to the industry collapsing in on itself. These games with huge multi million dollar budgets, usually more than movies, is just not really sustainable.
I know this sounds bad, but if this gets us to a place where we need a cultural reset and we can abandon the open world RPG over saturation and obsession with chasing photo realism (which I actually think has happened this gen) so developers can go back to being creative and passionate again giving us a variety of games from different genres i think it's a worthwhile period of difficulty. Developers and publishers have hung their own noose with this. We need to get back to the PS2/3 era of game mentality. It was the golden era. Not everything needs to be a AAA The Last of us esque epic.

Look at how well games like the recent prince of Persia and Hi-fi rush did. People want variety.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:56   #305
MrBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Look at how well games like the recent prince of Persia and Hi-fi rush did. People want variety.
And yet the Hi-Fi Rush studio was closed down.

As long as big companies like Microsoft and Embracer Group are happy to swallow up indie studios, only to cut them down later, variety and creativity isn't bound to come out on top. It's not just the big studios making e.g. formulaic open-world games that are impacted by layoffs, it's happening across the board.

If you ask me, the real issue is that people like Kotick, the former CEO of Activision Blizzard, leaves his post with a 9-digit payout - an amount that some people calculated would keep two recently-closed studios, Arkane Austin and Tango Gameworks (the latter being the people behind Hi-Fi Rush), running for 17 years. 17 years. But no, hundreds of people lose their jobs while hundreds of millions are being tossed around at the top by people who care more about pleasing their shareholders than employing people who create art and entertainment.
MrBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:35   #306
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I know this sounds bad, but if this gets us to a place where we need a cultural reset and we can abandon the open world RPG over saturation and obsession with chasing photo realism (which I actually think has happened this gen) so developers can go back to being creative and passionate again giving us a variety of games from different genres i think it's a worthwhile period of difficulty. Developers and publishers have hung their own noose with this. We need to get back to the PS2/3 era of game mentality. It was the golden era. Not everything needs to be a AAA The Last of us esque epic.

I agree with this too. I want creativity and risk taking back in games. Iím so tired of all these open/semi open world photo realistic games over and over and over again.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:28   #307
larafan25

Any good new horror or anime games?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:38   #308
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Any good new horror or anime games?
Do u like resident evil
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote