Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-07-15, 15:31   #41
lcroft_lc

IO Interactive explains Hitman release

Quote:
How exactly are you releasing HITMAN?

We’re doing things a bit differently, as you may have read in our 'Announcing HITMAN' blog post. HITMAN will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC on December 8th this year as a digital download. That’s when the experience will begin. And it’s really important to us that this is understood as a ‘beginning’.

What we release on December 8th is not the full game. It’s a sizeable chunk of it. Throughout 2016 we’ll release more locations and missions until the story arc is done and finished. All of that content is included in the $60 price.
Is HITMAN an ‘early access’ game?

No. Early access can often mean something unfinished or unpolished. That’s simply not the approach we’re taking. All of the content we release live to our players will be complete and polished, whether that’s the locations and missions we release on December 8th, the live events or the locations and missions that we will release in 2016. It will always be a polished Hitman experience.

Is HITMAN episodic now?

We think the word ‘episodic’ sets up the expectation that we will sell individual content drops for individual prices but that’s not something we're planning to do. That said, there are some episodic elements to the story in the sense that it’s delivered in chunks over time, so experiencing the story will probably feel episodic. But there is also a ton of other content including live events, which have nothing to do with the story. We’ll also be improving and changing the game constantly whilst you’re playing it. Our ambition is to have a stream of content available from December 8th until the story arc is finished.
What does it all cost? How much do I have to pay to experience everything?

The entire game will cost you $60 or the regional equivalent.

That $60 includes everything we create in this story arc; from what we release on December 8th through to the end of the story arc in 2016 and all the live events too. There’s no micro-transactions or hidden costs in there. No extra paid DLC on top either. It’s one package, all-in for $60. We want that to be simple and clear and it was important for us to be up-front about that.

Is HITMAN digital only?

No, we’re leading with digital, so it’s ‘digital first’. At some point in 2016, we’ll release the game on a disc.

Can I play HITMAN offline or do you have to be connected all the time?

You will be able to play the locations and missions offline. To play the live events, download updates or see things like leaderboards, you’ll need you to be online.
https://hitman.com/en-us/news/hitman-q-a#
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 16:43   #42
larson n natla

That's an interesting release strategy; be interesting to see who jumps on board from the off and who waits for the physical release.
larson n natla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 16:46   #43
robm_2007

I'll have to see what my internet situation is like when I move to Germany to study (I'm so used to having fast, virtually unlimited internet speeds and limits in America )

But I'll be getting the digital version, even if they were both released at the same time (also will be easier as I don't want to have to import the game).
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 16:50   #44
BluenoseGames

I still don't like this strategy.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 19:39   #45
matrix54

Since we don't have a Hitman thread (that I know of), I'm reviving this.

I'm absolutely adoring Hitman 3. This level was absolutely phenomenal..

https://postimg.cc/K3Z3Shjq

Last edited by matrix54; 20-01-21 at 19:40.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-21, 23:33   #46
matrix54

So, after charging us $90 for the deluxe edition, IOI are now charging $30 more dollars for some Sins based content. No new maps.

They can also be purchased separately, totally $35.

- 7 Escalations
- 7 Suits
- At least 7 Items (at least one per escalation)

Coming in Greed is a new suit, a cane, and a gold coin. At least make the coin be an explosive or something.

Last edited by matrix54; 27-03-21 at 23:35.
Old 31-03-21, 20:30   #47
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Coming in Greed is a new suit, a cane, and a gold coin. At least make the coin be an explosive or something.

New level of microtransaction!
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 22:21   #48
jajay119

I've honestly kinda given up with HM. I played season one and while it was a step up over Redemption (not hard) it didn't really do anything to set itself aside from Blood Money which as a game that was 10 years old at the time of release was a massive let down - especially as certain things in BM were more fluid/better designed than HM1 2016.

I was hopeful as I know they went though a big change leaving SE etc but 2 and 3 just seem to be retreads- they feel more like expansions than actual sequels. I dont know something about it just feels off to me.

Its a shame because with MGS and Splinter Cell put out to pasture I really want a good stealth dedicated experience but with the full package. Nothing has really tipped the likes of Blood Money or Chaos Theory for thr elevel of detail to things like level design and AI etc. In fact AI has distinctly gone backwards in recent years. Its bizarre to think games from 2006 and before have better AI than now.

Last edited by jajay119; 31-03-21 at 22:24.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:10   #49
matrix54

I think it excelled in offering players infinite ways to turn *anyone* into a target, and some fun locations. Season One's problem is that is features two of the most boring locations in the trilogy: Colorado and Marrakesh.

Season Two excelled in what they were trying to accomplish, but Season Three is going downhill (I assume due to Covid, and James Bond).
Old 03-04-21, 04:58   #50
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
So, after charging us $90 for the deluxe edition, IOI are now charging $30 more dollars for some Sins based content. No new maps.
This, I'll never understand. The deluxe edition is/was very weak.
They could've release all S1 elusive targets (there's 21 of them) for let's say...21 euros and I'd buy them without hesitation.
They could've brink back The Sarajevo Six (Ps exclusive, and it's good) without the exclusivity, for 15 euros and I'd buy it. Right now, I have to download H1 each time if I want to play that. Shame.
Or just a new campaing, like PZ was. (though, that still can happen)

Personally, I'll wait for the rerelease for steam, where everything is going to be repacked. (sort of Ultimate/GOTY edition at reduced cost) 'Till then, I'm okay to have just the deluxe edition.

Also, only H2 had two extra maps for its gold edition, otherwise it had none. IO reused the existing ones; which is going to happen to this dlc pack too.

Quote:
- 7 Escalations
- 7 Suits
- At least 7 Items (at least one per escalation)
Like I said above, the maps are going to be altered, supposedly it'll have some addition to the gameplay; and it'll feature Diana too, i think, since these escalations are going to play out like the level 'reflection'.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote