www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 17-01-21, 02:09   #561
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Here's a challenge for you.

Get to Lizzie's without objective markers.

EDIT: Wait, make it 2.

Find me Lizzie's on the map screen before or after that location is part of any questline.
I'll do you one better; I even took a picture during the second time I arrived at the place (once by quick Travel and once by Navigating the Streets.)

On a serious note I see your point on the matter . Given the amount of exploration that I have done in this game, I have marked down the most important points in the game and what quick travel points get me to those Areas the fastest.

Exploring the Area is key as it unlocks a lot of quick travel Areas.

Also, I just had to take a picture of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Question, because I have not been able to find the answer anywhere else.

If you refuse the Keys to Jackie's bike in the Heroes side mission, are you still able to get it later in the game at all?
Unfortunately, no. You have to accept the key from Mama Wells to get the Jackie's Bike. There are two other free bikes that you can get and Jackie's Guns if you are interested.

Last edited by Catapharact; 17-01-21 at 02:13.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 09:55   #562
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
On a serious note I see your point on the matter . Given the amount of exploration that I have done in this game, I have marked down the most important points in the game and what quick travel points get me to those Areas the fastest.
Exactly. it's a city, I shouldn't have to follow a ghost to move around.
Create roadsigns that tell me how to get to which highway and which business, like uhm in a real city , so that I can have quest that say "Ok so go you need to steal this thing from this guy who hangs around near X motel which is located east side of Westbrook" and I just follow the sign to the highway to Westbrook, then follow the sign to the east westbrook , then follow the sign to X motel and BAM I'm there no hud required.
But no, in this game you either place the objective marker and fast travel , blindly drive with the minimap enabled or guess which road gets you closer to this yellow dot on the screen.

I think something got lost mid development there: in the first major quest (the one they used for the gameplay demo), blonde militech lady tells you how to get to her in detail... but then every other quest is just "I'll send you the coordinates" . Makes me wonder, maybe they had planned some actual navigation system that got removed to push this game out asap.

And as I said, not even the map has names on it which is really weird.
I shouldn't have to fast-travel a billion times to find the right cyberware vendor or clothing store. How hard it is to just make the vendor's name appear as you select it?
Old 18-01-21, 18:58   #563
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Is there any news when they’re going to bring the PS4 version back out, or are they just keeping this as a next-gen game?
Old 20-01-21, 16:52   #564
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Exactly. it's a city, I shouldn't have to follow a ghost to move around.
Create roadsigns that tell me how to get to which highway and which business, like uhm in a real city , so that I can have quest that say "Ok so go you need to steal this thing from this guy who hangs around near X motel which is located east side of Westbrook" and I just follow the sign to the highway to Westbrook, then follow the sign to the east westbrook , then follow the sign to X motel and BAM I'm there no hud required.
But no, in this game you either place the objective marker and fast travel , blindly drive with the minimap enabled or guess which road gets you closer to this yellow dot on the screen.
Believe it or not, most of the major streets have signs that mark the Intersections:

And with the exception of Lizzie's Bar, pretty much all of the important quest Markers have quick travel Areas that literally tell you what they are. Now, with smaller Areas like Kabuki, the artistic choice to not have signs could be attributed to lack of regulations within the world of Cyberpunk 2077 and IMO its not all that annoying. If you are focused on reaching a point purely for the mission, then use the Quick Travel Areas.

Anyway, I had a chance to finally get the Armor Set that I wanted to create a Male Nomad V. This is what I had in mind when I pictured the Nomad lifepath version of the character:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Is there any news when they’re going to bring the PS4 version back out, or are they just keeping this as a next-gen game?
Unfortunately, the game on Current Gen Consoles is pretty much bugged to the point where you can't play it. They are working hard to get the game patched up but you won't see it in the Playstation Store for months.

Last edited by Catapharact; 20-01-21 at 17:09.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 18:13   #565
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Believe it or not, most of the major streets have signs that mark the Intersections
but no signs that tell you which turn you're supposed to take in order to get to other districts (either via highway or not) or points of interest from any part of the city.
From the moment I get out the V's house to when I get to the highways, I expect every crossroad to have at least one sign that points in the direction of said "highways".

Deus Ex Human Revolution had those at pretty much every corner.
the sequel too but they were written in Russian but that wasn't so bad either.

I shouldn't have to memorize the address of this or that point of interests before getting there and make the connection with the 2d map when I need it.

Quote:
And with the exception of Lizzie's Bar, pretty much all of the important quest Markers have quick travel Areas that literally tell you what they are.
I expect that information to be on the quest log, and signs to lead me there.

Last edited by killchan; 20-01-21 at 18:14.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 08:03   #566
killchan
Archaeologist

Found a weird secret, possibly cut content.

Play the game on PS4 or an extremely poor PC, or load a script that disables ollision.

Literally go through to the "foodscape" door before it loads properly.

0:16 of this ideo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDDpAJHbUp0
it's very close to the Pachinko are of the Troublesome Neighbors gig,

Behind that door there's a fully animated cook doing the cooking , and another door behind him protected by a safecode.

Might be irrelevant.
Old 21-01-21, 23:44   #567
Tsarina
Explorer

I wish I could post all of the photos I took via my playthrough so far, but I will just post a few of my favorites. Most of these were taken today.

https://i.imgur.com/oYIlEf1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/s3u9nsV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NtNYsw7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YmvZDFc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Fivf8iA.jpg
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:56   #568
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Patch 1.1 is out

CHANGES

Stability
Various stability improvements including:
Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).

Quests/Open World
Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.

UI
Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual
Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.

Achievements
Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.

Miscellaneous
Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.

PlayStation-specific
Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.

Xbox-specific
Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

PC-specific
It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.

Stadia-specific
Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.
Old Yesterday, 23:04   #569
Tsarina
Explorer

Just recently download the patch via Steam. Partner just started playing the game recently and noticed a reduction in FPS. Anyone else seeing any issues who are playing it on PC?
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:42   #570
RedField2012
Historian

I had that on my play

RedField2012 is online now   Reply With Quote