www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 23:00   #17921
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,752
Default

Reason number 4: it has already some pre-production work done on it (we know it at least "tons" of storyboards, and the script was being reworked to take in consideration the longer gap between movies)

Reason number 5: I want it, and that should be enough.

Still, I won't deny that especially MGM wanting to sell itself, and Bond being delayed again are two really big things against the sequel. But there are so many movies being delayed once again, that at least time between sequels might not become that much of a problem anymore...
__________________
#WearA*******Mask
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:54   #17922
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 34,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Reason number 4: it has already some pre-production work done on it (we know it at least "tons" of storyboards, and the script was being reworked to take in consideration the longer gap between movies).
Ooh yes! I wasn't quite sure of this one, so didn't add it.

Quote:
Reason number 5: I want it, and that should be enough.
Aww, if only we could conjure the film still happening just by wanting it to, you can add my name

Quote:
Still, I won't deny that especially MGM wanting to sell itself, and Bond being delayed again are two really big things against the sequel. But there are so many movies being delayed once again, that at least time between sequels might not become that much of a problem anymore...
Yeah, stories can often explain the time difference and besides, stories aren't restricted to real time anyway.
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:14   #17923
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 20,001
Default

The thing is MGM is betting large on smaller films and still greenlighting enough, I would love if we get Tomb Raider 2 but it just seems so unlikely in this current climate.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:27   #17924
rewak
Professor
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 3,519
Default

The thing going for it is they were just about to shoot, they had dates booked, locations set, it was ready to go and they have people signed on to do it. It's whether or not MGM is financially stable enough to go through with it or if whatever company ends up buying them wants to do it. Time will tell, but at least Alicia seemed excited about doing another one.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 00:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.