Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 05-05-19, 11:18   #511
Tonyrobinson

Let's just retcon that surname to Smith or Jeeves and all will be right.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 11:18   #512
Chamayoo

What ??? Derek Jacobi was in the film ? I didn't recognize him !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:21   #513
PinkyPromise

Yes, I was surprised too. Derek Jacobi is too talented and prestigious for such a small role. I think that Kristin Scott Thomas and him signed promising more presence in sequels. If not is difficult to understand how they accepted

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 05-05-19 at 12:23.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:49   #514
JsotoTRSaga

I hope Winston and Ana are given far more screen time in the sequel, both characters were indeed severely underused.

I hope we see more action and tension in the next movie, I feel the first one is too "light".
More Lara badass moments are welcome as well. Angelina's movies were full of those, time for Alicia's Lara to shine brighter than any other that's come before. I believe that subtle hints or small plot points from ROTTR and SOTTR can come back as long as it's not the main focus of the movie or ends up being completely butchered. The movie can be inspired by ROTTR and SOTTR but not based on ROTTR and SOTTR.

I wonder if this movie will be longer than the first one

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 05-05-19 at 12:53.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 13:40   #515
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I wonder if this movie will be longer than the first one
That will depend if WB still has that weird demand that blockbusters should be 2 hours long and not more.

But for me, as long as the movie as a good pacing and the story doesn't feel that is dragging or missing something, I don't care for runtime.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 16:04   #516
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
But for me, as long as the movie as a good pacing and the story doesn't feel that is dragging or missing something, I don't care for runtime.
The first movie had excellent pacing to the point where I think it really could've fit in a lot more scenes. Usually adventure films move fast, so I do hope that the next film is a bit longer, to compensate.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 16:12   #517
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
The first movie had excellent pacing to the point where I think it really could've fit in a lot more scenes. Usually adventure films move fast, so I do hope that the next film is a bit longer, to compensate.
The first movie was a bit too fast IMO, at least during Yamatai. It feels like there should be some quieter scenes between Lara reaching the beach and her first kill to slow things a bit. Showing Lara setting camp, trying to treat her wound, hunting or fishing, maybe the early fight at the beach just to not be too slow. Or perhaps a scene that develops Mathias or Lu a bit more.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 17:50   #518
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
The first movie was a bit too fast IMO, at least during Yamatai. It feels like there should be some quieter scenes between Lara reaching the beach and her first kill to slow things a bit. Showing Lara setting camp, trying to treat her wound, hunting or fishing, maybe the early fight at the beach just to not be too slow. Or perhaps a scene that develops Mathias or Lu a bit more.
I agree, even at 2 hours the movie just flies by. Yamatai needed those moments where she explores around and maybe two more action scenes with the bow.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 23:24   #519
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
I agree, even at 2 hours the movie just flies by. Yamatai needed those moments where she explores around and maybe two more action scenes with the bow.
100%.

It needed scenes of her surviving on the island. The night scene would’ve been perfect for wolves to show up. It also would’ve fit well with everything that preceeded it.

She finally escapes the camp, BUT she falls into a dangerous river.

She finally grabs onto the tail end of a plane BUT slips and goes off the waterfall.

She luckily catches onto the wing and hoists herself up BUT the wing begins to break.

She finally gets into the plane and unties her hands BUT the plane starts to fall.

She manages to get a parachute in time and lands BUT gets injured.

She makes camp and cauterizes her wounds with a small fire BUT it attracts the attention of a pack of wolves.

She climbs and fights the wolves off BUT Rocket shows up to try and take her back to camp and she has to kill him.

It honestly needed more of that. Such a shame there was no dangerous wildlife in the film
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 00:47   #520
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
100%.

It needed scenes of her surviving on the island. The night scene would’ve been perfect for wolves to show up. It also would’ve fit well with everything that preceeded it.
More survival-esque scenes would've helped with the marketing, as well. The plane scene was great, but that was the only scene they really marketed.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote