www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 13-05-20, 08:11   #151
Die Basis
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCEF (CA) View Post
Copy all the frames of the Animation 2. Add a one frame at the end of the Animation 1, select it, then paste the frames of the animation 2
O.K. Thanks will have a try at it.
Old 14-05-20, 14:38   #152
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Having a big problem with switches..

I'm using 'force animation' so when Lara reaches a switch, she performs the correct switch animation using OCB (similar effect to Wadmergers Switch Manager OCBs)

My problem is, Lara performs the correct animation pulling down, but when she flips the switch back up, the wrong anim plays.
My problem is, WadTool doesn't seem to have a similar function to Wadmergers switch animations.. (that I can tell anyway)
So I can't keep the ocb at 0 otherwise she'll play the big lever animation (on a small switch)

What do I do..
All I want is the basic TR switches and it doesn't even want that to work
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 17:39   #153
RocketLombax
Hobbyist

I'm having a similar problem too! I desperately want to figure out how to make Lara use different switch animations without the use of the switch manager, as I don't know how to do that with Wad Tool either.

@dcw123, Can you tell me anything about your method as well? I've been wanting to use small button and small switch animations, or any other animation for switches, for that matter. Are there perhaps other OCB codes for switches than 0-4?

Those darn limits on only a couple switch activating animations per level is a huge leech on the ability to have variety in a level.
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 19:16   #154
not again!
Explorer

^^ there is a tutorial somewhere, unfortunately I can't find it right now in a hurry, but I have a habit of copying important bits of tutorials to a text file for quick reference, and here's what I have saved about switches and OCBs:

OCB - enter number of animation you want Lara to play.
The tr2 small lever and small button switch need 4096 or 8192 added to the animation number:

4096 (Opposite state ids, on / off)
8192 (Flip/Flop switch)

large lever: Anim 63
small lever: Anim 195 (195 + 8192 = 8387)
small button: Anim 197 (197 + 4096 = 4293)
valve switch: Anim 470
hole switch: Anim 325

I also remember vaguely that for the on/off switches the respective animations need to be right after another, so for instance for the large lever this would be 63 (down) and 64 (up) - if the animations had the numbers 63 and 90 it would not work.

edit: I think this is the thread I saved that info from: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=196630

Last edited by not again!; 14-05-20 at 19:34.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 19:19   #155
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
^^ there is a tutorial somewhere, unfortunately I can't find it right now in a hurry, but I have a habit of copying important bits of tutorials to a text file for quick reference, and here's what I have saved about switches and OCBs:

OCB - enter number of animation you want Lara to play.
The tr2 small lever and small button switch need 4096 or 8192 added to the animation number:

4096 (Opposite state ids, on / off)
8192 (Flip/Flop switch)

large lever: 63
small lever: 195 (8387)
small button: 197 (4293)
valve switch: 470
Hole Switch: 325

I also remember vaguely that for the on/off switches the respective animations need to be right after another, so for instance for the large lever this would be 63 (down) and 64 (up) - if the animations had the numbers 63 and 90 it would not work.
You're a saint! OMG if this solves the issue (which it should as the animation numbers are normal as above)
Gotta test this
I also need to really add tid bits like this to a file somewhere. I downloaded a ton of tutorials in PDF format, but it doesn't cover stuff like this.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 19:55   #156
SSJ6Wolf
Archaeologist

For reference, I searched and found this thread which might have been the tutorial you were thinking of.

Now that I think about it...dcw123 I think you said OCB 0 was doing the big lever animation? Maybe that's your issue, I don't think you can do both big levers and small levers in the same level - it seems OCB 0 is the only type of switch that supports two different animations for the same switch.

Last edited by SSJ6Wolf; 14-05-20 at 20:00.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-20, 23:46   #157
not again!
Explorer

^^ ah, that's not the one I meant, but that is very useful also, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ6Wolf View Post
I don't think you can do both big levers and small levers in the same level - it seems OCB 0 is the only type of switch that supports two different animations for the same switch.
You can with the above mentioned OCB and some small adjustments!
I forgot to mention that you have to adjust the State ID and Next Animation value for the small lever and small button switch, or, since I already adjusted both switches for my level, you can download them from mediafire.

I'm using big lever & small lever, big button & small button in addition to valve and hole switch all at once in my level. The only issue was the sound - I had to add the switch-sounds to the corresponding animation of Lara.

@dcw123 - you're very welcome.

==============
Flip Switch
==============

Animation 0
State ID: 1 => 0
Next Animation: 0 => 2

Animation 1
State ID: 0 => 1
Next Animation: 1 => 3

Animation 2
State ID: 0 => 2
Next Animation: 1 => 1

Animation 3
State ID: 1 => 2
Next Animation: 0 => 0

============
Small Button
============

Animation 0
State ID: 1 => 1
Next Animation: 0 => 2

Animation 1
State ID: 0 => 1
Next Animation: 1 => 3

Animation 2
State ID: 0 => 2
Next Animation: 1 => 1

Animation 3
State ID: 1 => 2
Next Animation: 0 => 0

Last edited by not again!; 14-05-20 at 23:47.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 07:41   #158
AshySlashy
Hobbyist

Post Lara's outfits

Greetings. Recently I've started to learn Blender, and a question arose in my mind: which tools do I need in order to make outfits for Lara to use in my levels? I've looked through guides I've been able to find here, but I still have a vague idea of the very process of making an outfit. Even if I make a model in Blender (or Meta), texture it using UV, and split it into parts for body and joints, can I make it playable only with WadTool? Or for this purpose I need WadMerger and Strpix?
I'm still a newbie in TRLE stuff, so I've been using only TE with its additional apps and have no idea of previous programs.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Old 19-05-20, 21:08   #159
LCEF (CA)
Archaeologist

Hi
I never made outfit for Lara, but I know that you have to remap some vertices to joint all the limbs together. For that you will need STRpix because WT can't remap vertices for now... Or maybe is there a way to "remap vertices" in Blender with the vertex order ? I don't know, I don't have the knowledge but when you export your OBJ from Blender, you have a "keep vertex order" option, so I can be something related ... But I think for now the safe way will be to use STRpix for that. And WAD Merger to add textures into the wad.

___

There is a way to correct UVmap seams ? I have a cylinder/column and the way I made the UVmap (optimized to save precious texinfo), I have seams when dynamic lights are near so the column does not look round anymore with all those seems ingame.
I could of course use strpix but.. you know... UV is faster

(By the way, it's just an issue with normals or there is actually double vertices ?)
LCEF (CA) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-20, 10:14   #160
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCEF (CA) View Post
And WAD Merger to add textures into the wad.
Strpix can also do that now, as well as cutting textures from a larger one.