Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 12-02-19, 21:49   #91
TombRaiderTim

Some people actually claim the ring inventory was a crammed, unorganized mess and preferred the TR4 one and honestly I don't see how as the TR1-TR3 one had sections for each type of item such as puzzle/pickups, weapons and then the settings while the TR4 one was all piled into one as a long strand of scrolling which took ages to get to the thing you needed to, especially once you began collecting quest items.

I'm really happy to see the old menus being worked back into the TRLE and I also would love to see the title screen implemented eventually too in time as the menus become more and more accurate towards the original so this to me is a dream come true and also for many others I am sure.

I also have a question come request for you JMN, do you think it could be possible to implement sprite display when picking up items in the bottom right corner as an alternative like how it was in TR1-TR2 included with this menu plugin eventually?

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 12-02-19 at 21:53.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 22:14   #92
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
the TR4 one was all piled into one as a long strand of scrolling which took ages to get to the thing you needed to, especially once you began collecting quest items.
And I ALWAYS go in the wrong direction, making it even longer for me to find the needed item!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
^ Putting it in the title section still works. Are you saying you're experiencing the same issue?
Nope. I don't have any customisation for the ring in the Title section.

Last edited by Titak; 12-02-19 at 22:16.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 23:47   #93
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
I see it's not that well documented, but currently passports only support the following action types:

CINV_ACTION_LOAD_GAME
CINV_ACTION_SAVE_GAME
CINV_ACTION_EXIT_TO_TITLE
CINV_ACTION_CUSTOM
Could the custom action be used to trigger the TRNG diary? How does it function?

Edit: @TombRaiderTim: Sprite icons are demonstrated in the video preview so I assume that function is in the plugin already.

Last edited by Boobandie; 13-02-19 at 03:31.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 06:41   #94
JMN

^ I missed one: CINV_ACTION_USE

Turn your item into a diary as normal, i.e. using the Diary= command then the default USE action will open it.

Alternatively, you can use CINV_ACTION_CUSTOM to call a TriggerGroup that opens another diary item, e.g.:
Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_NEW1,>
	CINV_ACTION_CUSTOM, 40, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 1,>
	CINV_ACTION_LOAD_GAME, 78, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
	CINV_ACTION_SAVE_GAME, 79, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
TriggerGroup= 1, $2000, 222, $101 ; show diary 1 at page 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I also have a question come request for you JMN, do you think it could be possible to implement sprite display when picking up items in the bottom right corner as an alternative like how it was in TR1-TR2 included with this menu plugin eventually?
That's already possible.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 14:31   #95
A_De

Is it possible to remove compass completely? These is supposed to be an empty inventory at the game beginning.

I used this code, but it does not help and the compass still appears in inventory. Or there should be at least one other item at start?

Quote:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_QUANTITY, CINV_ITEM_COMPASS, 0, 0, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

Last edited by A_De; 15-02-19 at 14:49.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 15:19   #96
JMN

You can remove the compass using the plugin's F704 trigger, Set the number of <&> to zero.

However, currently you can't have an empty inventory. There must at least be one item and it must be on the INVENTORY ring. So, if you want the compass gone, there must be something in its place.
Old 16-02-19, 06:48   #97
A_De

Thank you, it works now. I left one small medi at start in INVENTORY ring.

Is it possible to change the item appearance at the corner for pickup items. A smallmedi is a small potion-mixture in my game, it looks good in both inventory and at the map, but when it just has been picked up it lies at the side at the right corner of the screen. Not that critical, but looks weird.

And I also would like to know how to set up the name for each ring. For now I just switched all names off.

Would be glad to see some tutorials about all the new features. They are amazing but confusing at first.
Old 16-02-19, 13:19   #98
Titak

For picking up an item:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_SMALLMEDI, CINV_DISPLAY_PICKUP, ***

For changing the name of a ring:
Customize= CUST_CINV_RING, CINV_RING_OPTIONS, 499
So in this example, the name of the Options ring has been changed to the name I put in the Extra Strings, string number 140 (140+359=499).
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 15:21   #99
A_De

^ Thank you.

If I understand correctly, the new displaying of the items in rings is completely overrides those hexadecimate old numbers from script?

I have an issue with weapons. While i forbid using weapons in some locations by removing weapons from holsters, Lara still can draw weapons if selecting items from ring
Old 17-02-19, 17:13   #100
JMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
If I understand correctly, the new displaying of the items in rings is completely overrides those hexadecimate old numbers from script?
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
I have an issue with weapons. While i forbid using weapons in some locations by removing weapons from holsters, Lara still can draw weapons if selecting items from ring
Are you using F107 to disable usage of weapons? There's supposed to be a check for that, but might not be working correctly.

A workaround would be to disable the EQUIP action using EnabledConditionGroupId of CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION.