www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 31-12-19, 08:40   #21
_Seth
Archaeologist

I think the PS2 version overall is so ****ed up because Buzz Monkey had to reimplement and replace existing TRA/L animations with the new motion captured ones, and down-port the game from the Wii version. I think both versions would have been way better if development of the two were made primarily for PS2 (as more people would have already owned a PS2 than a Wii), and if Buzz Monkey had used the tools that existed from TRA, instead of unnecessarily rebuilding some tools. That way, the PS2 version would have been optimised to look as good as TRA, they would have had more time being able to just stick with TRA's foundation and animations, and up-porting to the Wii would still have yielded good results, as no-one complained about TRA's graphics on the Wii.
Old 01-01-20, 15:29   #22
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I actually find some enjoyment in the Wii version of the game.

The PS2 version, whilst I find enjoyment from laughing at it, is pathetic and a sad excuse for a game .

I feel like the right way to go about making Underworld for PS2/Wii would have just been to build it on the TRL/TRA engine tbh.
Old 05-01-20, 15:12   #23
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
I found a image of the polar bear for the Wii/PS2 version:

There's also this thing i believe isn't in the game:

Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/t...underworld-wii
I've been looking for these!!! Thank you so much for sharing this. These used to be on Croft Generation but they went AWOL after the last redesign (in all the years I've been visiting that site, I don't remember the last time it wasn't in a state of ongoing development).

Now I've fallen down the ArtStation rabbit hole. Finding all kinds of artists who have worked on TR in the past. Very cool stuff!!!
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 17:12   #24
Tomb Raidering
Professor

^ *according to the Artstation link above*
So TRU was going to be named Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Underworld, after all? It sounds so much better, tbh.....
The silver logo that matches Legend’s logo looks great! It’s consistent with Legend and Anniversary’s logos (you know, consistent as in a trilogy ).
I don’t know, but HQ-PS2-TRU Lara looks sooo much better than the horrible next-gen-TRU Lara. There’s something about her tan, body, face, and hairband (), that screams “I’m Legend Lara’s descendant!!!”..... >.<